• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soNervous I Want to Throw Up!!!

In summary, the author has a show tonight, and is very nervous. She has revamped her show outline, and has note cards to help her throughout the night, but is worried about a repeat of her last show. She is drop food on the floor, and is nervous about speaking in front of people. She is hoping that her guests will enjoy her show.
hmolah
I have a show tonight, and after only having 3 cooking shows in the past year, I'm not as practiced as I'd like. I've been surviving until late, on catalog shows. :( Anyway, I have a show tonight, and I don't even have to leave for 3 hours, but I'm so nervous I could throw up!!! :eek: :( :eek: There is going to be 11 guests, and then the host. I've revamped my show outline, and even have note cards to help me throughout the night, but I'm trying to pick up my business so much, and I have a lot of pressure on myself to make this work! I'm sure that has something to do with it, but my last show was HORRIBLE, and I'm just afraid of a repeat! I was dropping food on the floor, and couldn't find my words, and my face was beat red, etc etc. I'm so nervous, that I almost wish I could just stay home in bed and hide under the covers! Does anyone else get this nervous!? This is ridiculous that I'm so bent out of shape!

I keep praying that I'll calm down before I get there....

I would start my show by telling my guests that I'm starting to up my business and what I did in the past year and that I'm really nervous. Also, tell them WHY you are increasing your business and putting yourself through this. What do you want out of it? How are you going to get it? Then just relax and pretend you are talking to friends!

Oh my gosh I know how you feel. When I don't do a show for a month or so I get that way too!! It is a horrible feeling. Mine usually goes away though on the way there or once I get there and start chatting with the host. I have a show Sunday, and I haven't had one for two months!! I've been doing catalog shows too becaue no one had time during the Holidays. I will be feeling your pain then!

HAHA, I do, I do, and I speak in front of employees all the time...go figure. Then I just jump up and say.....Come on you big baby..they ain't gona bite you..and the worse thing that can happen...they don't order....

or you pee your pants...LOL Just kidding. You'll do fine!!!!!!!!!!
Just think of us cheering you on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the beginning I was like that too.... but where I have been teaching quilting for the last 11 years, I found I was building more and more confidence with standing in front of people I didn't know. I was very knowledgeable with my sewing/quilting/sewing machines, that I could take on anything. If I didn't know I would let them know I didn't know and would find out and get back to them. I am more comfortable now with my kitchen shows as I use my products every chance I can and think of what I want to say while I"m working by myself in my kitchen.
Just breathe and have fun... it will work out!

Thinking of ya!

Cheers

Just have fun and laugh at yourself if you mess up. They will enjoy themselves.

Just remember... everyone is so happy that it's you up front and not them!

Relax,have fun. If you drop something, or make mistakes, just joke about it and go on.

You can do this.

PamperChefCarol said:
Just remember... everyone is so happy that it's you up front and not them!

Relax,have fun. If you drop something, or make mistakes, just joke about it and go on.

You can do this.

I keep telling myself that..but I don't remember anything. I can talk organization and compliance and quality...No problem..but this is so new...so out of my box. I feel like a fish out of its pretty tank...flopping all over our stoneware....LOL
Do my job what??? Book a show??? My tongue feels like it is huge and just won't get out of my way...:D

During my first 6 shows, I told everyone I was just starting out, and needed their feedback, after the show. I asked them for suggestions, and to vote on whether they liked the recipe, etc. One person pointed out that I used a knife and put it back into the holster when it was soiled, and she worried about cross-contamination. Another suggested that I wear gloves. My husband caught me licking my finger and thank God it was him, and not a guest! If they think they are helping you, and you can handle suggestions,
it is a cooperative effort, and I did not feel threatened. For the most part, the feedback was very complimentary, and encouraging.

The best suggestion I can make is for you to audition the recipe before the show. Know how to make it, and have the confidence you need that it will turn out all right. Make it more than once, if you have doubts. Your audition ingredients are tax deductible. Enjoy a new recipe once a week, and write it off. If you don't love it yourself, don't make it for a show.

Thank you all so very much! I really appreciate it! My director told me to just picture myslef on that Caribbean cruise next April! I think that will help some! I'm so glad that we all have this board to go to in a time of need! Thank you so much. :D Be sure that I will be thinking of you guys too! ;) I'll need to remember this pick-me-up!

THANKS AND WISH ME LUCK! :D

Related to soNervous I Want to Throw Up!!!

1. What products from Pampered Chef can help with reducing stress and anxiety?

Our AromaCool Ultrasonic Diffuser is a great tool for relaxation and reducing stress. It can diffuse calming essential oils into the air and create a soothing environment. Additionally, our Zen Bowl and Spoon Set is designed to promote mindfulness and reduce stress through the act of eating slowly and savoring each bite.

2. Are there any recipes or cooking techniques that can help alleviate anxiety?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes and cooking techniques that can help with reducing anxiety. Our "Cooking for Calmness" collection includes recipes that use ingredients known for their calming properties, such as lavender and chamomile. We also have a "Mindful Meal Prep" technique that incorporates relaxation techniques while preparing and cooking meals.

3. How can I incorporate self-care into my cooking routine?

We believe cooking can be a form of self-care. Our "Cooking for Comfort" collection offers recipes that are easy to make and can provide comfort during stressful times. We also have a "Self-Care Kitchen Checklist" that includes tips for creating a relaxing and enjoyable cooking experience.

4. Can you recommend any tools for meal planning and organization?

Absolutely! Our Meal Planning Bundle includes a meal planner, grocery list, and recipe organizer to help you stay organized and reduce stress when it comes to meal planning. Our Quick Cooker also has a meal planning feature that allows you to schedule meals ahead of time and have them ready when you need them.

5. How can I use cooking as a way to connect with others and reduce anxiety?

Cooking can be a great way to connect with others and reduce anxiety. Our "Cooking for Connection" collection offers recipes that are perfect for sharing with friends and family. We also have a virtual cooking party option where you can invite friends and cook together from the comfort of your own homes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates