• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Nerves for a Successful Cooking Show: Tips and Tricks

In summary, Jessicayes is preparing for her second cooking show and is getting nervous. She is using a show outline and flash cards to help her stay on track. Her best show was her first show, which was family and friends.
Jen... SO FAR i've earned in 90 days...

$1150 in COMMISSION, (only 2 cooking shows a few catalog shows and some individual orders)
$679 in product for $84 (I hosted my first show)
$600 PC bucks
$250 in Sell-A-Thon products
so that brings my total up to $2595 in money and products and my 90 days don't end until 9/6 and i have one more show! (which WILL be another $1000 show)!
(wow, i never realized how much till right now!)

Yes my last name is Kiely... I always liked the name Kiely for a girl, but I had a boy and my last name is Kiely so that's shot now. lol. I don't know if there is any relation, my husband doesn't know a lot of his family on his father's side. (sorry)

Gina, that is increadible. You are an inspiration.

ok so i just submitted this show. the show total was $1862.00. not bad for my second time, huh? i can't tell you how much i love this job!!

oh on a side note, this host started a catalog show today for september, and got me another booking for october!

ginamkiely said:
ok so i just submitted this show. the show total was $1862.00. not bad for my second time, huh? i can't tell you how much i love this job!!

oh on a side note, this host started a catalog show today for september, and got me another booking for october!

That is fantastic. Go you.

Gina-how did the note cards and outline go? Did you stick to it? Great job on the show!! Hopefully my first 2 are 1/2 as good. I could shoot for the stars, but I dont' think I can swing 5000 with 2 shows. I'll look for your updates!
Layla

You are on a roll, Gina!!! WOO HOO!!!! Keep it going!!!

Layla, the outline cards help tremendously. I made about 10 of them and i wrote in big letters (2 lines each) points about each product i wanted to talk about. i even wrote one that said hi my name is... lol. so i wouldn't forget.
i'll make up an outline later on with what the cards said and i'll post it

marie... thanks for being my cheerleader!

Gina, If you don't mind me asking how many people were at your first show? Those are some awesome stats for you first 90 days!! Way to go!!

i had 19 people at my first show.

ginamkiely said:
i'll make up an outline later on with what the cards said and i'll post it

Gina,
did you every post your outline? My 1st show is tomorrow and I am sitting down to make my outline. I would love to see yours. Or any one elses.
Thanks,
Layla

ginamkiely said:

$1150 in COMMISSION, (only 2 cooking shows a few catalog shows and some individual orders)
$600 PC bucks
so that brings my total up to $2595 in money and products and my 90 days don't end until 9/6 and i have one more show! (which WILL be another $1000 show)!

Yes my last name is Kiely... I always liked the name Kiely for a girl, but I had a boy and my last name is Kiely so that's shot now. lol. I don't know if there is any relation, my husband doesn't know a lot of his family on his father's side. (sorry)

That is way awsome y=keep up the good work.

Also my Dh worked for a lady her 1st name was Gay and she married a guy with the last name Gay so she was Gay Gay

Layla... I did post my outline on here somewhere. I can't seem to find it, i'll try and search if not when I get home (i'm at a friends house) i'll send them again. Good luck tomorrow. what are you making?

Smashie said:
A little while ago I think Colleen posted her show outline. I used it and it helped me TREMENDOUSLY. I had alot more confidence going into the show.

I will post hers. I give her TOTAL credit for this, she saved my you know what !!!

"Ditto" - I used her outline and my 3rd show was 1K. So thank you Colleen!

ginamkiely said:
Layla... I did post my outline on here somewhere. I can't seem to find it, i'll try and search if not when I get home (i'm at a friends house) i'll send them again. Good luck tomorrow. what are you making?

I am making the Ham & cheese burnch squares and the cinnamon biscuits. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes. I don't think there is going to be too many people there. :(

laylaleigh said:
I am making the Ham & cheese burnch squares and the cinnamon biscuits. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes. I don't think there is going to be too many people there. :(
here are the outline cards

Show outline cards

I have one card for each recipe I made explaining what order things go in.

1 – Opening: Welcome, thank guests & hosts, my name; pass out Season’s Best for everyone to sign. Any questions throughout the night, just ask. Go over folder, use order form as wish list, Fill in door prize slip.

2 – Guarantees: Everything has at least a year, Stoneware 3 years. Knives and cookware are lifetime. Where else can you return a pot 10 years later?

3 – Take a look binder: Pass around book to look at specials, host program, business opportunity, wedding registry, fundraiser info, gift ideas and main product line info (knives, cookware, stoneware, Simple Additions)

4 – Introductions: Guests introduce themselves and name their favorite PC product. I tell my PC story, and my commission made in 30 days, anyone interested we’ll talk later.

5 – Cookware: Ice cube demo, 1 in stainless, 1 in Executive, 1 in prep bowl and pass around while I talk about the 3 collections.

6 – Executive: Hard anodized aluminum, with titanium alloy, toughest surfaces, won’t go out of round (where the lids won’t fit), flared rims for drip less pour, oven save to 400 degrees, DuPont Autograph 2 inside and out. Flat bottoms, thick bottom, thinner sides for fast even cooking.

7 – Stainless: Tri-ply clad construction, fast even heat. Satin interior for easy clean. Dishwasher safe. Y handles stay cool on stovetop, flared rims, measure marks inside, oven and broiler safe to 500 degrees.

8 – Knives: High carbon German steel, hammered into knife shape, heated and cooled for hardness. Full-tang – steel from tip to back, full bolster for proper weight balance, friction fit cover.

9 - Simple Additions: High quality ceramic, mix and match pieces for everyday use of elegant looks. Chip-resistant, microwave-safe, oven safe for reheating to 250 degrees.

10 – Stoneware: Highest Quality, lead free clay, even heat distribution cooks evenly, retains heat. Won’t retain oils or odors. NO SOAP FOR CLEANING. The worse it looks the better it cooks.

11 – Recipes and closing: Explain the recipes and the products used in them, prepare the recipes, fun food tips, host program, book to look box, Thanks again, enjoy! Take orders!

please don't stress, i was so stressed out my first show that i think i lost 5 lbs. (i wish) it's gonna be fine. let us know how you do. i hope the outline cards help

thanks Gina! I am sitting down right now to finalize my plans.

On a different note, where it Maywood? I am from Easton, PA, which is right accross the border.

also what is a book to look box?

laylaleigh said:
thanks Gina! I am sitting down right now to finalize my plans.

On a different note, where it Maywood? I am from Easton, PA, which is right accross the border.
north jersey, right by hackensack

my husband is in the poconos for the weekend... are you close?

laylaleigh said:
also what is a book to look box?
it's a little chinese food box i got at a craft store (ac moore) and i put names of products in it and if they book a show they get to pick a product and i give it to them at their show...

ginamkiely said:

$600 PC bucks

I know two little girls named Keily and Kiley. When I saw your name, I thought of them, even though they are spelled (and Keily is pronounced) different. I think it is a pretty name for girls.

ginamkiely said:
north jersey, right by hackensack

my husband is in the poconos for the weekend... are you close?

Easton is about 30 mins. from the poconos. But, I live in GA now. I miss the North! Especially now when it is still hot here and fall is starting in the north. Thanks again for the tips.

<h2>1. How can I overcome nerves for a successful cooking show?</h2><p>Firstly, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you are knowledgeable and passionate about the products you are demonstrating. Practice your show beforehand and familiarize yourself with the products and their benefits. Also, remember that your guests are there to have a good time and learn something new, so they will be supportive and forgiving if you make a mistake.</p><h2>2. Do you have any tips and tricks for a successful cooking show?</h2><p>Yes, there are a few things you can do to ensure a successful show. One tip is to engage with your audience by asking them questions and getting them involved in the demonstration. You can also use visual aids such as posters or videos to enhance your presentation. Lastly, be confident and have fun, your enthusiasm will be contagious!</p><h2>3. I have a show tonight and I am feeling really nervous. Any advice?</h2><p>It's completely normal to feel nervous before a show, especially if it's only your second one. Remember to take a deep breath and focus on your preparation. Remind yourself of your knowledge and expertise in the products you are presenting. Also, try to relax and have fun, your guests will appreciate your enthusiasm and energy.</p><h2>4. Can I use a show outline during my demonstration?</h2><p>Yes, it is absolutely okay to use a show outline or notes during your demonstration. This can help you stay on track and make sure you cover all the important points. Just make sure to keep your notes in a place where you can easily refer to them without disrupting the flow of the show.</p><h2>5. I'm worried about talking too much during the show. Any advice?</h2><p>It's important to strike a balance between talking and demonstrating during your show. Remember to pause and give your guests time to ask questions or make comments. Also, try to keep your explanations concise and to the point. If you feel like you're talking too much, take a moment to engage with your audience and ask for their thoughts or opinions.</p>

1. How can I overcome nerves for a successful cooking show?

Firstly, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you are knowledgeable and passionate about the products you are demonstrating. Practice your show beforehand and familiarize yourself with the products and their benefits. Also, remember that your guests are there to have a good time and learn something new, so they will be supportive and forgiving if you make a mistake.

2. Do you have any tips and tricks for a successful cooking show?

Yes, there are a few things you can do to ensure a successful show. One tip is to engage with your audience by asking them questions and getting them involved in the demonstration. You can also use visual aids such as posters or videos to enhance your presentation. Lastly, be confident and have fun, your enthusiasm will be contagious!

3. I have a show tonight and I am feeling really nervous. Any advice?

It's completely normal to feel nervous before a show, especially if it's only your second one. Remember to take a deep breath and focus on your preparation. Remind yourself of your knowledge and expertise in the products you are presenting. Also, try to relax and have fun, your guests will appreciate your enthusiasm and energy.

4. Can I use a show outline during my demonstration?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to use a show outline or notes during your demonstration. This can help you stay on track and make sure you cover all the important points. Just make sure to keep your notes in a place where you can easily refer to them without disrupting the flow of the show.

5. I'm worried about talking too much during the show. Any advice?

It's important to strike a balance between talking and demonstrating during your show. Remember to pause and give your guests time to ask questions or make comments. Also, try to keep your explanations concise and to the point. If you feel like you're talking too much, take a moment to engage with your audience and ask for their thoughts or opinions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • hmolah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
hmolah
Replies
Views
Nep2nfly