• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Making Janet's Pb Cup Trifle for a Show Tomorrow

In summary, the conversation is about making a trifle for a show and asking for tips and advice on how to make it. The main questions revolve around the use of a micro cooker and the type of brownies to use. The group discusses using a small batter bowl or a measure-all cup as a substitute for the micro cooker and the preference for fudge-like brownies. They also share a link to an outline for the trifle recipe and tips on layering the ingredients. One member shares a personal experience of forgetting a whisk and the resulting mess, but still loves making the trifle.
babywings76
Gold Member
This is my first trifle demo for a show. I'm quite nervous. Do you have any tips? Anyone have a show format typed up to share? (Step by step what you do as a demo?) Also, I don't have a micro cooker, so what should I substitute it with? Should I use the measure-all cup and then put it in the batter bowl to micro? Do you do just one brownie high in each layer? Do you make the brownies cake-like or fudge-like?

Sorry for all the questions...I made this recipe a while ago and since then made another one and I can't decide the best way to do things. (I kind of messed up on both)... you guys who have done this as a show hopefully can give me some advice. :blushing:

Someone did a show outline for this - let me look for it.Substitute the small batter bowl for the micro cooker or like you said. The measure-all cup works well.Cake-like or fudge-like works, I like fudge-like personally. :) I just use half in one layer, half in the other...no special counting/measuring...

Good luck, Amanda with your trifle. I'm making a trifle at a show for the first time tomorrow too!! :)

I figure, if there's chocolate, they'll eat it!! :D

They call me the "Trifle Queen" at work. There is one sitting on my desk right now that is spice cake, pumpkin pie pudding, whipped topping and cinnamon sprinkles.

janetupnorth said:
Someone did a show outline for this - let me look for it.

Substitute the small batter bowl for the micro cooker or like you said. The measure-all cup works well.

Cake-like or fudge-like works, I like fudge-like personally. :) I just use half in one layer, half in the other...no special counting/measuring...

The whole batch from the bar pan fits in the trifle? Does it get pretty high above the top of the trifle when you get to the last layer of Cool whip and PB cups?

babywings76 said:
The whole batch from the bar pan fits in the trifle? Does it get pretty high above the top of the trifle when you get to the last layer of Cool whip and PB cups?

Amanda, I do a 9x13 batch of brownies in the bar pan, and cut it into little squares. Then 1/2 of the pan for each layer. It works out perfectly!

This is such a great trifle - everyone loves it. I chop up all of the PB cups, and sprinkle half in the first layer, and the rest on the top.

ChefBeckyD said:
Amanda, I do a 9x13 batch of brownies in the bar pan, and cut it into little squares. Then 1/2 of the pan for each layer. It works out perfectly!

This is such a great trifle - everyone loves it. I chop up all of the PB cups, and sprinkle half in the first layer, and the rest on the top.

That's what I do two...9 x 13 and half and half. This trifle fits the bowl PERFECTLY - right at the rim.

Here is what it looked like...once! ;)
janetupnorth-albums-test-images-picture1125-pb-cup-trifle.jpg

ooohh, aaahhhh, I can't wait till tomorrow! :love:

As I've said many time before, this is my favorite trifle EVER -- Thanks AGAIN, Janet! I'm glad to know about the outline with checklist though. I made it for a show for the first time two weeks ago and forgot to pack a whisk. I knew when I was setting up that I had forgotten it, but I figured a scraper would work ok. WRONG! What a mess I made! Finally, the host offered me her crappy old whisk, which worked a thousand times better than a scraper to whisk pudding, milk and peanut butter together nicely. Oh, what a mess! Won't stop me from making it though! I just won't ever forget my whisk again!

janezapchef said:
As I've said many time before, this is my favorite trifle EVER -- Thanks AGAIN, Janet! I'm glad to know about the outline with checklist though. I made it for a show for the first time two weeks ago and forgot to pack a whisk. I knew when I was setting up that I had forgotten it, but I figured a scraper would work ok. WRONG! What a mess I made! Finally, the host offered me her crappy old whisk, which worked a thousand times better than a scraper to whisk pudding, milk and peanut butter together nicely. Oh, what a mess! Won't stop me from making it though! I just won't ever forget my whisk again!

The Mix n Masher also works well for stirring it all together.

Of course, I didn't have that either. I just flinched again thinking of the mess I made. But, hey, it must have made my job look easy because the host wants to sign! I should screw up more often!

Okay, tonight's the night! I feel like I took "Stupid Pills" today or something. I keep fretting about making this recipe tonight. So here's my dumb question.... what do you do while the brownies are baking? Does making the pudding mixture take up the time? And, I don't own the micro cooker or the 4 cup easy read measuring cup. So, do I microwave the Peanut butter in my small batter bowl? Then do I do a quick wash of my easy read measuring cup (from measuring oil for brownies) and use that to measure the milk? Should we chill it in the fridge when it's done while I do a spiel about the specials and stuff and then we eat? Or serve immediately?I'm such a doofus. Why do I have to ask such silly questions....

babywings76 said:
Okay, tonight's the night! I feel like I took "Stupid Pills" today or something. I keep fretting about making this recipe tonight. So here's my dumb question.... what do you do while the brownies are baking? Does making the pudding mixture take up the time? And, I don't own the micro cooker or the 4 cup easy read measuring cup. So, do I microwave the Peanut butter in my small batter bowl? Then do I do a quick wash of my easy read measuring cup (from measuring oil for brownies) and use that to measure the milk? Should we chill it in the fridge when it's done while I do a spiel about the specials and stuff and then we eat? Or serve immediately?

I'm such a doofus. Why do I have to ask such silly questions....

Relax - the recipe is a piece of cake...er brownie...you are stressing WAY to much.

I've made them before or during...if during, do the filling while they are baking, do introductions during the time and talk about what products they like best. Melt PB in your batter bowl. Yes, wash the measure all and show liquid and PB usage. No need to chill...serve when done. Warm brownies in it is just fine...

Phew...I'm tired reading about your stressing - RELAX!!!! All will be yummy!

Thanks Janet... I know, I'm a stress case. It's the perfectionist in me. I'm super self-conscious that my inexperience shows. I want to have a really successful month because I've had a crazy stressful month, but that's another whole thread. ;)

Okay Janet...that recipe was so delicious! Everyone just loved it! :) :sing:

I had a fiasco at my show last night, but I recovered and overall it went okay.

So here's what happened. (I know, you guys are probably all going to laugh at me. My technical difficulties are just my being pathetic. :rolleyes: )
I should have practiced the parchment paper trick at home. But I thought I'd be able to figure out the logistics of using it. Wrong. :( I know, I know. It's probably super easy, I just had never used it before for the bar pan and so I didn't know how to lay it right. It's so wide, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to do one piece that covered the whole thing but had extra sticking up on all 4 sides, or if I was supposed to lay it the other direction and have it not go up the short sides (the sides with the handles). Or was I supposed to use 2 pieces going the 2 different directions and trim it. I would've just bagged the idea as soon as I realized I wasn't confident in my decision, but a lot of the guests had arrived and were watching me, so I felt committed to figuring it out. :rolleyes:

So I start the demo and I'm messing up with talking and doing stuff at the same time. I struggle at mixing the brownie mix. (Hello?!! Who on earth has a hard time putting a brownie mix together.... ME!! :blushing: ) I had a hard time spreading it in the pan and the paper was moving all around while I'm trying to do it. I get it done and put it in the oven only to realize I forgot the oil! :eek:

One guest noticed and said to the side, oh just sneak over to the oven and pull it out and add it to it in the pan and mix it there...no one will notice. How sweet was she trying to help me not freak out! :) So I try that, then my host comes over and tells me she has another box mix we could use. Yes!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. We whipped it up really quick. I was glad the first attempt was in the parchment paper. I just pulled up the 4 corners and put it in the trash. Then we just used the kitchen spritzer on the stone and put the new batch in. THen I continued with the show and everything else went smoothly. Thank goodness!

It was a big group and I was so intimidated. They were all talking and visiting with each other. It was one of those shows where you had to find the balance of giving them the info and letting them visit with each other. The bad thing was at checkout. THey all just handed me their orders and went on visiting. They didn't come completely over to me. So I wasn't able to ask them the check out questions. Almost every invited guest had brought a friend, so I'm wondering about making morning after calls and what I should say.

Okay, sorry that was long. I probably should have put this in a new thread.... :blushing:

You did fine! Relax! If they were all chatting, they were enjoying themselves and you still did your job!Morning after calls would be great!Say, "Hi, this is Amanda, your consultant last night from the Pampered Chef. We didn't get much time to chat last night at check out so I wanted to call and see if you enjoyed yourself and if I answered all your questions last night and if you need anything else."Guest: Yes, Amanda, I had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself.
You: Have you ever thought of hosting your own show? If you book off Suzy Host they she can get the host special at your show along with you!Etc., etc...

P.S. I never use parchment paper...just a metal serving spatula to scrape out into a trifle bowl. No need to be neat with the base of a trifle! :)

1. What ingredients do I need for Janet's Pb Cup Trifle?

You will need 1 box of chocolate cake mix, 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix, 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup of milk, 1 container of whipped topping, and 1/2 cup of chopped peanut butter cups.

2. How do I make the chocolate cake for the trifle?

Prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions and bake in a 9x13 inch pan. Let it cool completely before using it in the trifle.

3. Can I use a different type of pudding mix?

Yes, you can use any flavor of instant pudding mix that you prefer. Vanilla or chocolate would work well in this trifle.

4. Do I have to use whipped topping or can I make my own whipped cream?

You can use homemade whipped cream if you prefer, but whipped topping is recommended for best results. If using homemade whipped cream, make sure to stabilize it with a small amount of cornstarch or gelatin.

5. How far in advance can I make this trifle?

This trifle can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Laura420
  • janezapchef