• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Peanut Butter Trifle: The Perfect Recipe!

This sounds amazing! I love trifles, but I am always worried about the layers sticking together. This looks like a great way to not have to worry!
laylaleigh
how many layers do you make with the trifle? I am sure I saved it from here at some point. I have never made it and I am the type of person that needs to know exactly. The recipe just says repeat until all used.

Peanut Butter Trifle
1 box brownie mix
1 c peanut butter
1 big box intant vanilla pudding
1 large tub cool whip
12 regular size Reese's PB Cups

Make a batch of brownies. Mix up package of instant vanilla pudding. Let pudding set for a few minutes in the fridge. Then combine pudding with one cup of peanut butter, and 2/3 of a container of cool whip(the big one, 12 oz I think). Chop all but 4 of the PB cups in the food chopper. Layer Brownies, then chopped PB cups, then some of the pudding mixture. Repeat until all ingredients have been used. Fill EAD with rest of cool whip. Using closed star tip make small dollops on top of trifle. Cut remainig PB cups into wedges and place on top of dollops.

thanks!
Layla

That is slightly different than my version - I do two layers with mine. That one is probably the same.

Here is mine:

Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

1 box brownie mix (dark chocolate, fudge or chocolate)

2 small bozes instant pudding mix (chocolate fudge or chocolate)

1 cup peanut butter

16 oz. Cool Whip

8 peanut butter cups

Make brownies according to box instructions, cool
Melt peanut butter in Micro Cooker, stir in pudding mix and milk (3 cups rather than 4 for a thicker result).

In Trifle Bowl, layer 1/2 brownies, 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then 1/2 of the Cool Whip - repeat. Chop up peanut butter cups and place on top. Enjoy!

Some notes:
I use dark chocolate brownies and chocolate fudge pudding. Surprisingly with the cool whip and peanut butter it keeps all that chocolate from being rich.

For demos, the peanut butter gives a good demo of the measure-all cup and micro cooker.

You'll notice that when you add the pudding then the cold milk, as your stirring, it will get chunky...that is just the cold milk cooling the peanut butter. It makes it like a peanut butter cup inside...

You can also decorate the top with the EAD if you want to take the time, but chopped up peanut butter cups make it look great.

I make this one all the time and it is 2 layers... the brownies don't squish down very much

are there any other tips for the recipe?

the only tip I have is to warm up the peanut butter before mixing it in. Otherwise, it doesn't always mix in well.

Two layers--this one is awesome!

laylaleigh said:
how many layers do you make with the trifle? I am sure I saved it from here at some point. I have never made it and I am the type of person that needs to know exactly. The recipe just says repeat until all used.

Peanut Butter Trifle
1 box brownie mix
1 c peanut butter
1 big box intant vanilla pudding
1 large tub cool whip
12 regular size Reese's PB Cups

Make a batch of brownies. Mix up package of instant vanilla pudding. Let pudding set for a few minutes in the fridge. Then combine pudding with one cup of peanut butter, and 2/3 of a container of cool whip(the big one, 12 oz I think). Chop all but 4 of the PB cups in the food chopper. Layer Brownies, then chopped PB cups, then some of the pudding mixture. Repeat until all ingredients have been used. Fill EAD with rest of cool whip. Using closed star tip make small dollops on top of trifle. Cut remainig PB cups into wedges and place on top of dollops.

thanks!
Layla

This sounds sooooooo good!!!!

I just did this one today at a show.....its been a big hit for me!
Melinda

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Peanut Butter Trifle?

To make the Peanut Butter Trifle, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 box of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 container of whipped topping
  • 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts
  • 1/2 cup of hot fudge sauce

2. How do I assemble the Peanut Butter Trifle?

To assemble the Peanut Butter Trifle, follow these steps:

1. Bake the chocolate cake according to the instructions on the box and let it cool completely.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix together the creamy peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
  3. Cut the chocolate cake into bite-sized pieces and place a layer of cake pieces in the bottom of a trifle dish.
  4. Spoon a layer of the peanut butter mixture over the cake pieces.
  5. Add a layer of whipped topping on top of the peanut butter mixture.
  6. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the whipped topping.
  7. Drizzle hot fudge sauce over the peanuts.
  8. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the trifle dish, ending with a layer of whipped topping and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.
  9. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

3. Can I use a different type of cake for the Peanut Butter Trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake you prefer for the Peanut Butter Trifle. Chocolate cake pairs well with the peanut butter and fudge flavors, but you could also use vanilla or even a mix of different cake flavors.

4. How long can I store the Peanut Butter Trifle?

The Peanut Butter Trifle can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, it is best to consume it within 24 hours for optimal freshness.

5. Can I substitute the whipped topping with homemade whipped cream?

Yes, you can use homemade whipped cream instead of store-bought whipped topping. Simply beat heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form, and use it in place of the whipped topping in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76