• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HELP! Peanut Butter Trifle Pudding Question

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
I am making Janet's PB Cup Trifle to bring to work tomorrow...
AND I just discovered that I don't have 2 instant choc pudding mixes (kind of).

What I have is 1 instant choc SUGAR-FREE and 1 instant choc regular.

Hs anyone ever mixed instant Sugar Free and regular instant pudding before??

The actual pudding making instructions on each package calls for the same amount of milk. Atleast they are both instant!

I REALLY don't want to run to the store right now!

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Just mix the puddings. Nobody is going to know the difference and it won't change the end result.

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
I'd mix them to and make sure to mix well. Doubt it'll make a difference in taste. There's enough sugar in the rest of the dessert.

Have a great show!

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Thanks! I feel much better about mixing these two. I was worried about if the 2 mixes would react a little differently with the milk.

I could kick myself for assuming I had Instant Choc pudding (I always have such an abundance of Jell-O's that I didn't even think about it). I had come home from the gym, showered and was in PJs - so the LAST thing I wanted to do was get dressed and go out in the rain for pudding!

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
I used to do that all time with trifles but learned a hard lesson once. I never told anyone i was doing it and turned out I had a guest at party who is a fake sugar sensitive. She got a very bad headache at the party within a half an hour of eating the trifle. I felt awful once we figured it out. I have never done it again. But yes, it can be done without a difference. Just do not make a practice of it or warn people. She forgave me and said that only one in 2 million people react that way to sugar substitutes, it just happened that she is one of them!

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I used to do that all time with trifles but learned a hard lesson once. I never told anyone i was doing it and turned out I had a guest at party who is a fake sugar sensitive. She got a very bad headache at the party within a half an hour of eating the trifle. I felt awful once we figured it out. I have never done it again. But yes, it can be done without a difference. Just do not make a practice of it or warn people. She forgave me and said that only one in 2 million people react that way to sugar substitutes, it just happened that she is one of them!

Sorry to take the thread off topic. :blushing: My DH gets a tingly/numb mouth and throat when he eats anything with artificial sweeteners. It stinks, because he hates to drink plain water but wants to be better about drinking it. He can't drink any of the Crystal Lights or other types of flavored waters. So he adds a little bit of juice (100% kind) to it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views