• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cook N Serve Pudding to Use in Trifle?

In summary, the conversation discusses making a PB cup trifle and the dilemma of not having instant pudding. The solution is to use cook n serve pudding and to add melted PB when the pudding is starting to set. The process may take longer but the end result is still good. The conversation also includes some humor and the trifle is described as rich and delicious.
babywings76
Gold Member
I really am craving Janet's PB cup trifle. I bought everything I needed, or so I thought. I realized I don't have the instant pudding. I have vanilla instant (not sure I would like that instead) or I have the cook n serve pudding. I have never used that kind of pudding before. Is there a way to do it in the microwave? Would I be able to use it for the trifle tonight, or does it have to cool down a certain amount of time? How should I incorporate the peanut butter into it-while it's cooking or after?

So I googled it. Some one has asked this question before. Well, not about Janet's trifle and having to mix melted PB into the pudding. ;) But advice was given that I could cook the pudding, then put it in a bowl and put it over ice in another bowl (our SS bowls are perfect for this!). So now, I just have to see if it'll work with adding the PB to it. I think I'll melt the PB and then when the pudding is starting to set, I'll whisk it in.

Don't you love my dumb posts where I go off to answer myself?! :D :blushing:

I agree with your answer to yourself!

You sound like me...once I have a craving in mind, I would be trying like mad to make that thing! Hope it turns out well for you, since I am on the prowl for chocolate tonight too! lol

Thanks Kelly! :)It turned out well. Using the cook and serve sure is a pain in the neck, though. I had to stand there and constantly stir the pot till it came to a boil. It cooled off fairly quickly using the SS bowls with ice. I could feel it thicken up and when it wasn't hot anymore, I added the melted PB. It didn't get chunky, like it usually does when you use instant pudding, but it still was good. Now I have a whole trifle that I need to share with people so I don't end up eating it all. It's so rich, but so good! So, if anyone else encounters this problem.... yes, you can use the cooking type of pudding, it just takes a little more time.

Hi there! Don't worry, I've got you covered. For the trifle, it's best to use instant pudding as it sets quickly and will hold up well in the layers of the trifle. However, if you only have vanilla instant pudding, you can definitely use that instead. Just add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder to the pudding mix to give it a chocolate flavor.As for the cook n serve pudding, you can definitely use that as well. To make it in the microwave, follow the instructions on the package and cook for about half the recommended time. Then, stir in the peanut butter and continue cooking until the pudding is thick and creamy. Let it cool for a few minutes before layering it in the trifle.If you're short on time, you can also use the cook n serve pudding straight from the stovetop. Just make sure to let it cool down for a few minutes before layering it in the trifle.As for incorporating the peanut butter, you can either mix it in while the pudding is cooking or drizzle it on top of the pudding layers. Both ways will give you that delicious peanut butter flavor in your trifle.I hope this helps! Let me know how your trifle turns out. Happy cooking!

What is Cook N Serve Pudding?

Cook N Serve Pudding is a type of instant pudding mix that can be quickly prepared and used in various dessert recipes.

How do I prepare Cook N Serve Pudding?

To prepare Cook N Serve Pudding, simply follow the instructions on the package. In general, you will need to bring milk to a boil, add the pudding mix, and stir until it thickens.

Can I use Cook N Serve Pudding in trifle?

Yes, Cook N Serve Pudding is a great option for trifle as it sets quickly and has a creamy texture that pairs well with other trifle ingredients.

How long does Cook N Serve Pudding need to set before using in trifle?

Cook N Serve Pudding typically sets in about 5-10 minutes, but it is recommended to refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes before using it in trifle to ensure it is fully set.

What are some other ways to use Cook N Serve Pudding besides trifle?

Cook N Serve Pudding can also be used in other desserts such as parfaits, poke cakes, cream pies, and as a filling for pastries or donuts. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a creamy and delicious pudding snack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • laylaleigh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
melindag
  • sburnside