• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Janet's Pb Trifle Low Fat Version??

In summary, some members have used the No Pudge Brownies with fat-free, sugar-free pudding and light cool whip for a Weight Watchers crowd with good results. The serving size is around 24 but could be less. There are also suggestions for making a trifle version using the brownies, pudding, and PB cups. Some members have also used regular pudding with fat-free milk for a less sweet version. There are also tips for using melted PB and chocolate chips as toppings. Overall, the peanut butter trifle is a crowd favorite and has been made successfully with healthier substitutions.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Has anyone made this using the No Pudge Brownies, fat-free,sugar-free pudding and light cool whip? Just wondering if it's still good. I have a show Saturday that is a Weight Watchers crowd. I thought if this is good as low-fat, I would do this. I plugged all the numbers into Weight Watchers and it's only 5 points a serving made this way (I always use reduced-fat pb too). Just wondering if anyone has tried it low-fat style??

Man, you're putting me on a diet now! :p

I don't see why it wouldn't be good. I've done it with fat free pudding, low fat whipped topping and low fat PB. I haven't tried the no pudge brownies but I'm sure it would be fine!

Only 5 points? How big is a serving? I tend to heap a big spoonful on my plate! :angel:

Oh, I do too. I figured it with 24 servings since that is what the brownies would work out to be -- 24 "servings" of brownies. In reality, it's probably only 16 or less, huh? I've never actually counted how many I can get out of it.

Sorry to hijack - but do you think I can make this trifle using the torte pan... putting the pudding in the first layer and the cream and PB cups on the top?

Just a warning ... sugar free pudding in large quantities tends to have, ahem, gastric side effects.

I'd make the regular pudding with fat-free milk, but that's just me.

Laura420 said:
Sorry to hijack - but do you think I can make this trifle using the torte pan... putting the pudding in the first layer and the cream and PB cups on the top?

Of course, but the cakes tend to be drier in the torte pan I noticed. It depends on what effect you want. I do like the trifle personally better than the PB torte with marshmellows.

janetupnorth said:
Of course, but the cakes tend to be drier in the torte pan I noticed. It depends on what effect you want. I do like the trifle personally better than the PB torte with marshmellows.

I want it to be just like your trifle. I was thinking of making it with brownies, just like the trifle. And use your Pb and Pudding mix in the first layer, and put the whipped topping on the top with the chopped up PB cups...

Laura420 said:
I want it to be just like your trifle. I was thinking of making it with brownies, just like the trifle. And use your Pb and Pudding mix in the first layer, and put the whipped topping on the top with the chopped up PB cups...

I don't think it would be a problem...give it a shot. :D

I made this last weekend at my very first party. We used sugar fee pudding and I'm glad we did because it was still very sweet, but yummy! I'm sure using the no pudge brownies wouldn't be a problem. I think as long as you have some kind of a base (brownies) you are good to go! Good Luck!

I made it on Thursday WW friendly. We used fat-free brownies, skim milk, fat free cool whip, fat free pudding mix. Everything was fat free except for the Reeses on top of the trifle and we skimpt on that. It was soooo goooood!!! You could not taste a difference!! At least I don't think so, I never tried a full fat version.

BTW, Janet that you for the recipe and the steps!! That is an all-time favorite now!!

maybe make em both, and if someone can guess the difference, give'em a SB or something

Chef Kearns said:
BTW, Janet that you for the recipe and the steps!! That is an all-time favorite now!!

Glad to be of help!

When I don't want to spend money on PB cups, I melt a little extra PB and drizzle it on the top...I then grate a few chocolate chips over that. It looks really nice. ...just did it as a matter of fact for a church potluck tomorrow! :D

I asked the kids if I should bring a pumpkin spice trifle or black forest trifle and DD (7) said, "Mom, make your peanut butter one, that is my favorite and everyone loves it!" So, she won! ;)

janetupnorth said:
I don't think it would be a problem...give it a shot. :D

Update: I made it and it came out awsome. It was great eating a slice instead a pile-o-mush! LOL... I will def make again, and again. Thanks so much for the original recipe...

1. Can you share the recipe for Janet's Pb Trifle Low Fat Version?

Absolutely! Here is the recipe for Janet's Pb Trifle Low Fat Version:

Ingredients:

• 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
  • 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free, fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 cups cold fat-free milk
  • 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
  • 1-1/2 cups fat-free whipped topping
  • 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
  • 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate syrup

Instructions:

1. Prepare and bake the angel food cake according to package instructions. Let cool and cut into 1-inch cubes.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, milk, sour cream, and peanut butter until well combined.
  3. In a trifle dish or large glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, half of the pudding mixture, and half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers.
  4. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
  5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

2. Is this low fat version just as tasty as the original?

Yes, this low fat version of Janet's Pb Trifle is just as delicious as the original. The combination of creamy peanut butter, light and fluffy angel food cake, and rich chocolate make for a decadent dessert without the guilt.

3. Can I use regular pudding and milk instead of the sugar-free and fat-free versions?

Yes, you can use regular pudding and milk if you prefer. However, it will increase the fat and calorie content of the trifle. Using the sugar-free and fat-free options allows for a lighter and healthier version of this dessert.

4. Can I substitute almond or soy milk for the fat-free milk?

Yes, you can use almond or soy milk in this recipe. Keep in mind that it may alter the flavor slightly, but it will still be delicious.

5. How long will this trifle stay fresh in the refrigerator?

If kept covered and refrigerated, this trifle will stay fresh for 2-3 days. However, it is best to consume within 1-2 days for optimal taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies