• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Forest Trifle or Janet's Pb Trifle?

black forest one?I've been making the... black forest one?Yes, that is the one! Thanks for the reminder, that's what I was going to try this weekend.Yes, that is the one! Thanks for the reminder, that's what I was going to try this weekend.
ChefJoyJ
'Tis the season for trifle questions... :p

My host wants to make a trifle on Nov. 16, for an easy and elegant dessert show. My question is...

Black Forest Trifle or Janet's PB Trifle? They both sound fantastic, and super delicious, plus easy (bonus!!). Which one uses more products? Tastes better? Demo's easier? Help!!!

If you had to vote for one of these 2, which would you vote for?

Oh my Joy! That is a tough choice, I just made the Black Cherry one TWICE in 1 week.Both are pretty equal in usage of products, for both you can grate or chop chocolate for the top. Also use your EAD for the whipped topping.For "elegance", I'd probably pick the Black Forest...something about chocolate and cherries.For "taste", I like the Black Forest and it has great flavors but then crave the PB/Chocolate combo more.(I wasn't much help there, was I?!)

janetupnorth said:
Oh my Joy! That is a tough choice, I just made the Black Cherry one TWICE in 1 week.

Both are pretty equal in usage of products, for both you can grate or chop chocolate for the top. Also use your EAD for the whipped topping.

For "elegance", I'd probably pick the Black Forest...something about chocolate and cherries.

For "taste", I like the Black Forest and it has great flavors but then crave the PB/Chocolate combo more.

(I wasn't much help there, was I?!)

So you'd pick the Black Forest then...? LOL! :p :D

ChefJoyJ said:
So you'd pick the Black Forest then...? LOL! :p :D

Not really, the second statement was that I like the black forest but crave the Peanut Butter more.

So I pick PB on "taste' and Black Forest on "elegance".

I'm just so undecided...someone else will have to help you!

Either way, I think they're both pretty easy and both winners!

lol...no, I got it...just took me a second to re-read it to get it. I blame it on the lack of sleep my 34 1/2 week preggo self is getting... :)

I think I'll offer her either one then, and practice which ever one she chooses this weekend...

Yummy!! :D

ChefJoyJ said:
lol...no, I got it...just took me a second to re-read it to get it. I blame it on the lack of sleep my 34 1/2 week preggo self is getting... :)

I think I'll offer her either one then, and practice which ever one she chooses this weekend...

Yummy!! :D

At 34 1/2 weeks you'll enjoy practicing eating those trifles!!!!

Don't worry, I didn't have much sleep last night either!

PB Trifle is my vote!

and where is the PB Trifle recipe from?

gailz2 said:
and where is the PB Trifle recipe from?

It's my recipe...let me find a link to it on here...

Wow, thanks. I can't wait to try it out.

gailz2 said:
Wow, thanks. I can't wait to try it out.

Make sure you try it out on a group so you don't eat it all yourself!

I am doing the pumpkin trifle all month. But I have to say, the recipe is a bit whacked. It calls for a large box of pudding, a large tub of cool whip, then a small box of pudding, and a small container of cool whip. I rarely test my recipes before a show ( I know, I like to live on the edge) and last night I had filling coming out of my eyeballs. Tomorrow, we are just using small puddings and small cool whips and going from there. It was very good, and of course, topping it with pecans and caramel didn't hurt!

I vote for Black forest. I love cherry chocolate but don't care for peanut butter.

Thanks everyone! The host I was going to do this for cancelled, b/c of family issues, but rescheduled for Jan and booked a bridal shower in late January too. :thumbup: woo-hoo! Just in time for double points! :D

I still plan on trying both, so that I've tasted them and am familiar with them, but the pressure to decide, pick, and practice is off. I'm going to visit my family this weekend, most esp. my grandfather, so I'm going to take the opportunity to use my mom's trifle bowl and practice. She's got tons of PC products (my being a consultant only supports her new habit) :), so this way I won't be tempted to eat the whole thing... :p

I'm going to make the black forest one, for sure. I love cherry and chocolate, even though I love pb and chocolate, too. I've eaten a lot of Reese's PB cups lately, though.

PB Trifle sounds heavenly!! It's not fair that my daughter is allergic to peanuts!!

I've been making the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle using the Rectangular Baker w/cake like brownies since stones are on sale, and I keep making hard brownies on my sheetpan.

My host for tonight picked the Black Forest Trifle. It was the first time I ever made it and at the very end of the show I tried some.

IT WAS DELISH!

I didn't think I would like it since I really am not a cherry pie kind of person - but the almond flavoring was the key I think. And it definitely has a holiday feel to it.

Oh, and I hate making brownies in the Large Bar pan - so I used the medium sheet pan with parchment - and it was the perfect amount for the 2 layers. I think that is my new pan for brownies.

(I am still dying to try the PB Trifle - but have had no takers this season yet - but there is still a chance someone might pick it.)

1. What is the recipe for Black Forest Trifle?

The recipe for Black Forest Trifle includes layers of chocolate cake, cherry pie filling, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in Janet's Pb Trifle?

Yes, you can substitute the peanut butter with almond butter or any other nut butter of your choice. You can also use different types of cookies or cake as the base.

3. How far in advance can I make a Black Forest Trifle?

You can make a Black Forest Trifle up to 24 hours in advance. Just keep it covered in the fridge until ready to serve.

4. Can I use frozen cherries for Black Forest Trifle?

Yes, you can use frozen cherries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before using.

5. Can I make Janet's Pb Trifle without peanut butter?

Yes, you can omit the peanut butter or use a different type of nut butter if you have a peanut allergy or preference. You can also add other toppings like chocolate chips or sliced bananas for a different flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • jasonmva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies