• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Trifle to Demo at Shows?

In a medium size bowl, mix together cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Spread over pudding in the dish. Chop apples and add to cream cheese mixture. Cover dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve chilled. In summary, Jodi is doing a simple, easy, and elegant appetizer and dessert show. She wants to showcase the trifle bowl, b/c it is Dec. host special. The trifle that she is most interested in is the chocolate raspberry cookie trifle, but she is looking for some
ChefJoyJ
I'm doing a "simple, easy, and elegant" appetizer and dessert show and want to showcase the trifle bowl, b/c it is Dec. host special.

I'm doing the brie...not sure whether it will be the tangy pepper pecan brie or the brown sugar-dijon brie (up to host). I was wondering what your favorite trifle to demo is? Which one uses the most products? Is fitting for the holiday season? I was originally thinking of the chocolate raspberry cookie trifle, but since I've never demo'd a trifle, I was hoping for some insight.

Is that the recipe that was in lasy years SB? If so, I didn't like it.

My favorite one is the Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle. The Black Forest Trifle in the christmas mini sounds really good too.

I just did the choc/raspberry/cookie trifle. It is a bit sweet for me. Taking people suggestions from here, I used a full bag of milk choc. chips, which was good, and 2 pkgs of. vanilla pudding, which was too sweet. Nex time, I'd use just one pkg. of the pudding, or none. The guests loved it and it looked great -- I made sure I put each layer on from the glass inward so it showed nicely.

In the summer, it was the Stars and Stripes trifle. Oh! So yummy.
I do like the new tiramisu trifle, but if you don't like coffee, it wouldn't be a good one.

stars and stripes (summer) and the black forest trifle (winter). The are a great fit for all!!

Last edited:
I love the Chocolate Trifle (can't remember it's 'real' name) that is just brownies, cool whip, chocolate pudding and SKOR or HEATH bar (toffee). EVERYONE loves it! I just made it tonight for my family of 17 to go along with the non chocolate bday cake and it was a HUGE hit :)

Ever since I found the recipe for the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle on here I have been doing it all of October and this month and get tons of reviews and even sold some trifle bowls and booked a couple December parties. It's so quick and easy, especially since I bake the gingerbread before I leave for the party in the square baker. But I do cut back on the milk for the pudding. I only use 2 cups. It says to use 3 but the pudding was way to "loose", it came out perfect when using only 2 cups of milk.

kcjodih said:
I love the Chocolate Trifle (can't remember it's 'real' name) that is just brownies, cool whip, chocolate pudding and SKOR or HEATH bar (toffee). EVERYONE loves it! I just made it tonight for my family of 17 to go along with the non chocolate bday cake and it was a HUGE hit :)

can you please share your recipe? do you just layer the brownies, then coolwhip, pudding and candy bar, or is there brownies between each layer?

2 brownie mix and ingredients to make brownies
2 boxes choc pudding
3 cups milk
1 large container of Cool Whip
4 Skor or Heath bars

Mix brownie mixes with eggs, oil and water and spread in Large Bar Pan. Bake according to temp on box about 25 - 30 minutes. Cool completely.

Mix 2 boxes of pudding with 3 cups of milk for about 2 minutes with Stainless Whisk.

Chop chocolate bars with Crinkle Cutter.

Layer 1/2 of brownie pieces, 1/2 of pudding, 1/2 of Cool Whip and 1/2 of Skor bar in Trifle Bowl. Repeat - brownie, pudding, cool whip and Skor bar.

Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.

YUMMO!

kcjodih said:

I ALWAYS do this one for Catalogue Walk-Through Shows. People are SO impressed with how it tastes and how easy it is. Don't know the "real" name, but I call it "Death by Chocolate"

Thanks for posting Jodi!

I like to make the chocolate one as well, but I use white chocolate pudding & instead of the candy bar, I use mini-chocolate chips! YUM!! :)

Taffy Apple Trifle

Ingredients Needed:

5 oz box vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup peanut butter
½ tsp vanilla
Caramel Cake- cubed
3 Granny Smith apples cored and sliced (Corer, UM)
Water mixed with lemon or lime juice to prevent apples browning
¼ cup caramel ice cream topping from a squeezable container
½ cup chopped peanuts (Food Chopper)
1 cup Cool Whip

Cooking Instructions:

Mix together pudding and milk in 4 quart stainless bowl with the stainless whisk. In the small batter bowl, mix together cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Add cream cheese mixture to pudding mixture. Mix well.
With the Forged Cutlery paring knife on the cutting board, cut apple slices in half and then cut the halves into thirds. Place in the small stainless bowl of water and citrus juice. Drain well in small colander.
Place 1/3 of the cake on the bottom of a Trifle Bowl. Place 1/3 of the pudding mixture on top of the cake. Place 1/3 of the apple slices on top of the pudding with skins facing out of the bowl. Drizzle some caramel around outside of apple layer to show outside of the trifle bowl, and drizzle some around the top of the apples. Sprinkle with a few peanuts. Repeat the layer two more times. Garnish the top by piping some Cool Whip using the Easy Accent Decorator.

Fluffy215 said:
Ever since I found the recipe for the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle on here I have been doing it all of October and this month and get tons of reviews and even sold some trifle bowls and booked a couple December parties. It's so quick and easy, especially since I bake the gingerbread before I leave for the party in the square baker. But I do cut back on the milk for the pudding. I only use 2 cups. It says to use 3 but the pudding was way to "loose", it came out perfect when using only 2 cups of milk.

YUMMY!!! Sounds great. I have a few shows to do this month so maybe I can get the hosts do this recipe and not something else.

you can find all sorts of yummy trifle recipes on this site by typing in trifle under files.....My favorite is anything with chocolate!

are you guys using instant pudding or regular pudding?

Laura420 said:
are you guys using instant pudding or regular pudding?

Instant :)

1. What is the most popular trifle to demo at shows?

The most popular trifle to demo at shows is the Classic Berry Trifle, which features layers of angel food cake, whipped cream, and fresh berries.

2. Can you provide a dairy-free option for the trifle demo?

Yes, we have a delicious dairy-free trifle recipe that uses coconut whipped cream and dairy-free pound cake as the base.

3. Are there any trifle recipes that are gluten-free?

Absolutely! Our Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownie Trifle is a crowd favorite, featuring layers of gluten-free brownies, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream.

4. How far in advance can I prepare a trifle for a demo?

Trifles are best prepared the day of the demo, as the layers can become soggy if made too far in advance. However, certain components like cake or pudding can be prepared a day ahead and assembled the day of the demo.

5. Do you have any tips for making the trifle demo presentation more visually appealing?

Yes, we recommend using a clear trifle bowl to showcase the layers and adding a garnish on top, such as fresh fruit or chocolate shavings. You can also use a piping bag to create neat and decorative layers of whipped cream.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • PCwithStay-C
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebbieJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies