• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Will You Demo at Your November Shows?

November recipes towards that.In summary, the conversation revolved around planning for upcoming November shows and incorporating the December host special, the Trifle bowl, into the demonstrations. The host mentioned doing the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker and promoting the unglazed stoneware at 20% off. They also discussed the popularity of the Trifle bowl and the challenges of explaining the special pricing for the DCB. The host shared their plans for November shows and wanting to have January and February shows booked before the holidays.
babywings76
Gold Member
So, what are you planning on making at your November shows? Since the Dec. host special is the Trifle bowl, are you going to incorporate that into it? Or are you going to demo some piece of the unglazed stoneware to boost sales? Or maybe both? Main dish in the bar pan and a dessert trifle?

I am planning on doing the chicken in the DCB. I'll mention "add to your collection at 20% off" the unglazed stones. My guests always have something great to say about stoneware, so I count on them to sell that.
I always sell the trifle bowl regardless of what I make. The "wow" factor of easy portability, and storage is enough to sell itself. It amazes me that most of my outside orders are for the TB.

but since guests can't get the DCB at 20% off, I was thinking of doing something else. I'd like to do the DCB recipes for the October shows since that will entice bookings for Nov.

laurichef said:
I am planning on doing the chicken in the DCB. I'll mention "add to your collection at 20% off" the unglazed stones. My guests always have something great to say about stoneware, so I count on them to sell that.
I always sell the trifle bowl regardless of what I make. The "wow" factor of easy portability, and storage is enough to sell itself. It amazes me that most of my outside orders are for the TB.
Hi Lauri, do you bring the trifle bowl to every show?

doughmama said:
Hi Lauri, do you bring the trifle bowl to every show?

Absolutely. When I am not using it for a recipe to demo, I set it up on the table w/a cookware protector insde (and everyone wants to know what that is...). When I get to showing it, I'll talk about it on the table, then mention the "wow" of how it comes apart. No one has to worry about who is holding dessert in the car. Makes an impressive no-bake dessert that travels well. And storage is a breeze when the stand is placed inside. :love:

I store it in the box. It's bulky, but I know it's safe, as I tend to knock my bags into doorways. :blushing:

babywings76 said:
but since guests can't get the DCB at 20% off, I was thinking of doing something else. I'd like to do the DCB recipes for the October shows since that will entice bookings for Nov.

I know, and that is going to be tough to explain. I hate when they do that. But the DCB is such a great thing to have, that I want everyone to have one!

I guess I would suggest a pizza, or foccacia bread on the bar pan.

My impression is that the DCB is part of the November special that is the only glazed piece that is.

Humble Beginnings said:
My impression is that the DCB is part of the November special that is the only glazed piece that is.

The DCB is available for HOSTS at 60% off, but is not available to guests for 20% off ... Guests are only able to purchase unglazed stones at the special price.

Humble Beginnings said:

Not sure what you meant by the way that is worded, but the DCB is the only piece of glazed stoneware that is included in this special, and it's only for the hosts. Guests can only get the unglazed items.

Usually I do "Hide the Turkey" shows in November- I do the turkey-cranberry ring, on the large round stone. I am considering adding an easy Trifle (I will offer to bring ingredients for that if she has $200 in outside orders before the show) However, I plan to have my December shows booked before November starts, so maybe I will wait to find out what January hostess special is, and gear my November recipes towards that. My experience is that you NEED to have January booked before the holidays, or it is not going to happen. Since I am taking extra days, to vacation in Denver with DH after Leadership, I need to have my January and February set before the 1st of the year!!

mrssyvo said:
Usually I do "Hide the Turkey" shows in November- I do the turkey-cranberry ring, on the large round stone. I am considering adding an easy Trifle (I will offer to bring ingredients for that if she has $200 in outside orders before the show) However, I plan to have my December shows booked before November starts, so maybe I will wait to find out what January hostess special is, and gear my November recipes towards that. My experience is that you NEED to have January booked before the holidays, or it is not going to happen. Since I am taking extra days, to vacation in Denver with DH after Leadership, I need to have my January and February set before the 1st of the year!!
This is SO IMPORTANT!Make sure that January and the first part of February are booked by Thanksgiving!!!

I LOVE the idea of Hide the Turkey Shows in October. I am gonna do something on Stoneware in October to try to get more November bookings. I agree the Trifle Bowl sells itself - especially if you give them ideas: shrimp and ice, pillar candle on the stand inside the bowl, christmas balls in the bowl, flowers with decorative rocks, etc.

I am doing either the 30 min chicken or the white chicken chili...which I haven't made or even tried yet, so I better get on the ball! LOL
they can't get the dcb as guests, but they can book in dec and get it for a discount!

I love the Hide the Turkey idea!

I like it too ... is that recipe in the All the Best cookbook??(May make it with chicken just to make things easier ...)I'm doing a pumpkin triffle for my Nov. 8 show b/c the host is unsure of her oven ... could also do a microwave cake in the fluted stone.I'm not sure what to do about my Nov. 2 host ... she is really into the forged cutlery so I want to show off both my knives ... but still make something that would be good to show off specials. (That said, this show is 76 miles from my house, so I'm not going to cry in my milk if there are no bookings!)

For November I think I am going to do the Chicken Power Cooking Shows or Cookie shows.

With the Chicken Power Cooking I will tell everyone they can used left over turkey instead of chicken in the recipes. I have always loved the Cookie Shows and it will show of the stones beautifully. :)

Here is the recipe I use for the Turkey/Cranberry ring

Attachments

• Turkey Cranberry Wreath.doc
    21 KB · Views: 319
I like the Turkey Cranberry Wreath recipe, and I will use it soon.

I have a question about that recipe ... can you use leftover gravy instead of the mayo? I'd like to promote this as a "use your leftovers" thing and most people have leftover gravy around ....ALSO ... if the wreath takes 25 minutes to bake, what do you do while it's in the oven??

I have never used gravy in the ring - I guess try it at home, and see how it goes.

As far as when the ring is in the oven- I would talk about other collections, give your booking and recruiting talks( ticket time), the Door prize slip, and answer any questions they may have, if you have time after that. The 25 minutes goes very quickly for me!!

mrssyvo said:

I was totally inspired by this Hide the Turkey theme idea, and I made an invite for my host that I thought I'd share. Thanks for the idea, Sue!

Attachments

• Hide the Turkey Invite Blank.pub
    62.5 KB · Views: 397
Cute flyer!!!!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I have a question about that recipe ... can you use leftover gravy instead of the mayo? I'd like to promote this as a "use your leftovers" thing and most people have leftover gravy around ....

ALSO ... if the wreath takes 25 minutes to bake, what do you do while it's in the oven??

I don't know if the gravy would work either - the filling ends up more like a Turkey Salad type of thing.

I FINALLY decided what I want to do for recipes this season: I would like to ALWAYS do a DCB or Power Cooking Show because they are high priced items AND reasons to host a Show in the future.

I am gonna just SHOW the Trifle Bowl and its many uses.

i'm not sure how it would taste w/the gravy....i use it as a sandwich filling too :)

At our cluster meeting last night we did a dump cake in the DCB, 4 ingrediants, a few tools and 20 minutes..... amazing and yummy!!
Dump Cake
2 cans apple pie filling or (any flavor you like)
1 box Duncan Hines Cake Mix
1 stick butter or margarine

Put apples in bottom of baker, then dry cake mix on top and even out, pour melted butter on top. All of your mix will not be wet.
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes. Then keep covered for 5 more
minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 and my clock timer for 8. Serve with ice cream. The spice cake really gives it more flavor.
You can have your Cinnamon and Carmel Sprinkles out for them to use also. I totaled it up and you can use over $217 worth of products.

You use DCB
Small Scraper
Ice cream scooper
micro cooker
can opener

Last edited:
I'm from the UK, so forgive my loopy question...
What is DCB?!?!?
Thanks!

swinkate said:
I'm from the UK, so forgive my loopy question...
What is DCB?!?!?
Thanks!

...I cant figure it out either...

I've got out the catalouge... is it Deep Covered Baker?
If so, new question! What's a Power Cooking Show?!

Yes, Deep Covered Baker is it. You win!!! :D:D:D

Power cooking is cooking once and eating more than once. There's a whole section on Consultant's Corner on it. Last season was beef, this season is chicken. If you go to the files section and type in power cooking you'll get a bunch of different documents. Also if you just search up top under 'search' and type in power cooking you'll find tons of threads about it. Here's one of my favorites - from Becky. http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/yikes-my-power-cooking-clinic-37833/

Thanks Jodi.
I am loving this website!
We don't get all the same info on the UK consultants corner as you do, so this is a great resouce for extra ideas!
Your products are loads cheaper too! At the moment a your 12 cup muffin is $32.50... in the UK it's £40.50... this would be about $70!!! They are so heavy to ship from the US is bumps the price up! I need to fly over and stock up!!

I make Thanksgiving in a Bites through November. It's a Hide The Turkey show because it uses leftovers too. These are made in the mini-muffin pan, which I know isn't a special item, but I like giving the idea to my customers. They LOVE these, and these shows always end up very good. I will post the recipe as soon as I find it. At any rate, I will probably take cookies or brownies already done on the bar pan as well.

Found it...
Thanksgiving in a Bite. Make a basic cream cheese dough (pecan tassie dough) and roll into small balls (one ball per well), or use refrigerated pie crust cut into small circles and place into wells. Use lightly floured tart shaper to push into cups. Make filling by preparing Stove Top stuffing (we used turkey flavor) according to package directions (at my shows, I make it in the microwave in the classic batter bowl). Mix with a can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 egg. Chop up some cooked turkey (really, the amount is to taste, but I think I used between 6 and 8 oz. or so) and mix in stuffing. Use small scoop to add a scoop of the filling to each cup. Press down slightly using the back of the scoop. Use the can opener to open a can of WHOLE cranberry sauce (or make your own for better flavor) and pour into small batter bowl. Mash up so it's a "sauce" and not a "jello". Use a small spoon to top each cup with a few cranberries. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until the stuffing is browned slightly. Use the tart shaper to remove from pan. For added flavor, you could throw some chopped up dried cranberries in before you make the stuffing. Also, a guest suggested mixing in some orange zest (could show the microplane) with the cranberry sauce.

janezapchef said:
Found it...
Thanksgiving in a Bite. Make a basic cream cheese dough (pecan tassie dough) and roll into small balls (one ball per well), or use refrigerated pie crust cut into small circles and place into wells. Use lightly floured tart shaper to push into cups. Make filling by preparing Stove Top stuffing (we used turkey flavor) according to package directions (at my shows, I make it in the microwave in the classic batter bowl). Mix with a can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 egg. Chop up some cooked turkey (really, the amount is to taste, but I think I used between 6 and 8 oz. or so) and mix in stuffing. Use small scoop to add a scoop of the filling to each cup. Press down slightly using the back of the scoop. Use the can opener to open a can of WHOLE cranberry sauce (or make your own for better flavor) and pour into small batter bowl. Mash up so it's a "sauce" and not a "jello". Use a small spoon to top each cup with a few cranberries. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until the stuffing is browned slightly. Use the tart shaper to remove from pan. For added flavor, you could throw some chopped up dried cranberries in before you make the stuffing. Also, a guest suggested mixing in some orange zest (could show the microplane) with the cranberry sauce.

This recipe sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing Jane. NOW I just need to get on the ball and have these ideas/recipes ready the month before thanksgiving.

I was thinking after I posted this that you could probably use the DCB to cook up some turkey breast at the show. I've never used it for a small amount of food is my only concern. At any rate, it would be another way to showcase the stoneware, albeit a host only piece for the special.

I made 4 bone-in chicken breasts in the DCB tonight. I cooked them 14 minutes, which was too long, but they were great! Sooooo, for my Hide the Turkey, aka Thanksgiving in a Bite shows, I WILL be making a turkey breast in the DCB. So glad this turned out!

Do you have a recipe for this pumpkin trifle?

Here is the Pumpkin Trifle Recipe!

Attachments

• PUMPKIN TRIFLE.CHOC RASP COOKIE TRIFLE.doc
    12.5 KB · Views: 324

What Will You Demo at Your November Shows?

At my November shows, I will be demoing a variety of products from Pampered Chef. These may include our popular kitchen tools, cookware, and stoneware.

So, what are you planning on making at your November shows?

I will be showcasing some delicious and easy recipes using Pampered Chef products, such as our famous Deep Covered Baker and Rockcrok. These recipes will be perfect for the upcoming holiday season.

Since the Dec. host special is the Trifle bowl, are you going to incorporate that into it?

Absolutely! I will be demonstrating how to make a beautiful and delicious trifle dessert using the Trifle Bowl as the main serving dish. It's the perfect way to showcase the versatility of this host special.

Or are you going to demo some piece of the unglazed stoneware to boost sales?

Yes, I will also be showcasing the amazing benefits of our unglazed stoneware. From cooking meats to baking bread, stoneware is a must-have in any kitchen. I will demonstrate how easy and convenient it is to use our stoneware products.

Or maybe both? Main dish in the bar pan and a dessert trifle?

Yes, I will be demonstrating both a main dish in the Bar Pan and a dessert trifle using the Trifle Bowl. This will give my guests a chance to see the versatility of our products and how they can be used for both savory and sweet dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views
raebates