• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Forgotten to Bring Something to a Show?

In summary, the presenter forgot a certain item for the demo and had to borrow something from the host.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
Something you absolutely had to have for the demo? A piece of stoneware? A certain item you wanted to showcase? What did you do about it?

For the show I did last Saturday, my host chose the Chicken Mole Pizza recipe. I forgot the mole rub! :eek: Luckily she had enough spices & such that we came up with our own substitution. I felt pretty dumb for forgetting the rub but the pizza turned out great!

Share your "oopsie!" story! :)

I forgot the catlogs once :blushing:! We had to share the ones I sent her in her packet.

I think we all do! I forgot several things for a party recently and almost went home for them. I do not know how it happened - I always walk through the demo in my head to make sure even when I've done the recipe many times. That time I forgot: salad choppers, coarse microplane (or rotary cheese grater - I trade off those two at different shows), and a couple other things. Instead of going home we punted. I shredded the chicken for the fajitas with the Professional Shears (worked great and almost as fast as the salad choppers) and shredded the cheese with the UM - had it for the peppers and onions and *duh* there's a grating blade. We laughed and made it work. "I could have shown you this great tool which would have done the job easier but..." The 3rd time said that they finished the sentence for me. I sold 2 salad choppers at that show. lol

I forgot ALL of the products once ,,,I have a truck SUV and just got and went .
When I parked the car went around to pop the trunk OMG .nothing there .
I went home saw them in the garage ( cleaning out ) and forgot to load them back in ..
All I an say is I didn't get a speeding ticket that day .

chef131doreen said:
I forgot ALL of the products once ,,,I have a truck SUV and just got and went .
When I parked the car went around to pop the trunk OMG .nothing there .
I went home saw them in the garage ( cleaning out ) and forgot to load them back in ..
All I an say is I didn't get a speeding ticket that day .

I think you win!!

I forgot the food once. I rarely buy the food now;)

I got confused on the recipe because the host and I had been discussing two different ones. I brought everything to make the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" when I was making the Chicken Piccata Pasta. Luckily, the host lives 5 minutes from my house, I ran home and grabbed the right tools and my hot plate.

I forgot all my catalogs once and had to get my directionally challenged husband to bring them to me. But the kicker was when I forgot the large bar pan for Aloha Pizza. Got to the host's house, started to get ready and realized I had no bar pan. I was in a small town about 35 minutes from home and was sitting there racking my brain to think of something to do. Then I remembered the past host lived in the same town so I ran to her house and borrowed her bar pan.Now that I think of that, I did it twice!! Same product! In the second case, another past host lived right across the street (although the current host didn't invite her!). She didn't have the large bar pan but did have the large sheet pan. The current host even let her have the left over brownies we made in it! I had to apologize for returning a dirty pan but she wasn't very bothered because there was dessert in it!

Ah, this post is going to get interesting! I forget something for EVERY show, it seems! And then I forget an item to bring home and end up leaving it at the hosts house...my latest one...just this past weekend, was making the chicken broccoli ring and I forgot my garlic press (my host had one luckily), I've forgotten my knives and had to use the hosts crappy ones, cutting boards (this is the first thing that gets loaded in my bag now) seasonings, etc. Now it's a rare feat if I actually bring everything TO the show AND back home again! LOL

Oh, I also pulled a Jane very early in my business...told the host one thing to demo and had another in mind...her house was about 45 min from mine...so when I start unpacking my things (I had a stone recipe on the brain) and my host is giving me the ingredients for a recipe that is cooked in the 12" skillet, I knew I was in trouble! I ended up making whatever it was in my hosts electric skillet, using most of her own kitchen tools and basically bombing the whole thing. I was mortified. From that day on, I have written in my calendar next to the hosts name what I have told her I am making so I am perfectly clear!

chefsteph07 said:
Ah, this post is going to get interesting! I forget something for EVERY show, it seems! And then I forget an item to bring home and end up leaving it at the hosts house...my latest one...just this past weekend, was making the chicken broccoli ring and I forgot my garlic press (my host had one luckily), I've forgotten my knives and had to use the hosts crappy ones, cutting boards (this is the first thing that gets loaded in my bag now) seasonings, etc. Now it's a rare feat if I actually bring everything TO the show AND back home again! LOL

Oh, I also pulled a Jane very early in my business...told the host one thing to demo and had another in mind...her house was about 45 min from mine...so when I start unpacking my things (I had a stone recipe on the brain) and my host is giving me the ingredients for a recipe that is cooked in the 12" skillet, I knew I was in trouble! I ended up making whatever it was in my hosts electric skillet, using most of her own kitchen tools and basically bombing the whole thing. I was mortified. From that day on, I have written in my calendar next to the hosts name what I have told her I am making so I am perfectly clear!

This is the biggest reason why my kit is always packed in my car! Although in the cases mentioned above I had needed the 2nd bar pan which was in my kit - it never got returned to me kit. I would always forget something if it wasn't packed!

I write down what we are making next to their name in my show notes and I also check the email that gave them the the ingredient list before I pack up. That helps me pack for he right recipe. I used to have everything for sure because I brought everything. Now that I carry less I run into forgetting things...

Last week I forgot my knives. The host didn't have a PC knive but I figured that's fine, I didn't need them that long to make the ham puffs. When I went through my bags getting everything displayed and ready, I found 1 paring knife in my giveaway's bag so I used that. Now I put my color coated Santoku knife in the side of my Carry Less Sell more bag so if I forget my forged cutlery utility knife I'm still covered.

I think I have you all beat..... I actually forgot I HAD A SHOW......lol. Thankfully it was a really good friend.

I went out of town with our stepson that we hadnt seen in almost a month and we were having a great time shopping and all, when my friend (the hostess) calls me. Shes like I am almost done cleaning my house and I am getting the recipes all prepped....I'm like hey thats great what are you making? and she says, "I'm not making you are at my show in two hours right????????????????????

Can you say drop the phone and oh my god....i'm at least three hours away in another state and I have all my family with me.

I explained that i forgot, we both laughed then we reschedule.....lol:blushing:

I think I forget something with every show too. I've forgotten my bag that contains my catalogs, order forms and pens once, which I think was the worst! HA! We just used the stack of outside order forms that I had left with my host during host coaching and used scratch paper for the remaining guests that wanted to place orders.I also forgot my round stone for when I was making the taco ring. My host had a bar pan so we just improvised.

I got to a house about 45 minutes away, and was going to make a trifle. Ooops, forgot the trifle bowl! It was too late to go back and fetch it. I refused the neighbors department store trifle bowl, and instead used a clear glass bowl. I had everyone open the catalogs to page XXX and see our wonderful trifle bowl. I then explained why it was so much better than a bowl, with the flat bottom, and all it's other virtues, and proceeded to make the trifle in that. Everyone laughed.

pmprdprettyinsnj said:
I think I have you all beat..... I actually forgot I HAD A SHOW......lol. Thankfully it was a really good friend.

I went out of town with our stepson that we hadnt seen in almost a month and we were having a great time shopping and all, when my friend (the hostess) calls me. Shes like I am almost done cleaning my house and I am getting the recipes all prepped....I'm like hey thats great what are you making? and she says, "I'm not making you are at my show in two hours right????????????????????

Can you say drop the phone and oh my god....i'm at least three hours away in another state and I have all my family with me.

I explained that i forgot, we both laughed then we reschedule.....lol:blushing:

YOU WIN!!!!! Holy crap-surprised that you only dropped the phone! That is just too funny. Sadly however, I can see this happening to me!

1. What should I do if I forget to bring a product to a show?

If you realize that you have forgotten to bring a product to a show, the first thing you should do is stay calm and don't panic. Then, try to find a similar product in your inventory that can serve as a substitute. If you don't have a substitute, apologize to your host and guests and offer to place an order for the product they were interested in.

2. Can I still make sales if I forget a product?

While it's always best to have all of your products available for guests to see and try, forgetting a product does not necessarily mean you can't make any sales. You can still take orders for the product or offer a similar item as a substitute. It's important to remain professional and find a solution for your guests.

3. How can I prevent forgetting products in the future?

To avoid forgetting products, it's helpful to create a checklist of all the items you need to bring to a show. Before leaving for a show, go through the list and make sure you have everything you need. It also helps to have a designated spot for your products in your car or bag, so you can easily see if something is missing.

4. Should I inform my host if I forget a product?

Yes, it's important to be transparent with your host if you forget a product. Let them know as soon as possible and apologize for any inconvenience. Your host can also help by asking guests if they are interested in the product you forgot and taking orders for them.

5. Will forgetting a product affect my sales?

Forgetting a product may affect your sales to some extent, but it doesn't necessarily mean you won't make any sales. As long as you have a substitute or can take orders for the product, you can still make sales. Just remember to apologize and be professional with your guests to maintain their trust and satisfaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kate0831
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • schel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Carissidy
  • Kelly8