• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Sales: Tips for Bringing Less to Small Shows

In summary, the conversation discussed the effectiveness of bringing fewer products to a show, with one person mentioning a successful interactive cooking show using the "Carry Less, Sell More" concept. The director of the show was able to incorporate product demonstrations and a sales pitch while the guests ate, and also used interactive elements like a "kiss" game and asking guests about their favorite products. The idea of simplifying the show and making it more interactive was seen as a positive approach.
tinawhite07
I am wondering how you are doing with this? I had a show last night and brought only a few things along with me. However I felt a little lost because i didn't have a lot to pull out and talk about. I did mention things in the catalog along the way, but I felt something was lacking....I should mention that there were only three people there and one was the host :). The stomach bug has been going around so a lot of her guests were out of commission. My show total was only $300.00 :yuck:. Going off this show I don't know that I like bringing less. Do you think it was just the fact that it was such a SMALL show and maybe a regular show it would work fine at?
TIA

At our last cluster meeting, the director did a cooking show for us and utilized the "Carry Less, Sell More" concept and it seemed to work great. She did an interactive show and made fajitas and the new Mango Salsa. Each guest picked a product to use and we did the salsa while the chicken finished cooking. She had actually started it before the "guests" arrived. She talked about those particular products as we used them and then everyone fixed their plates when we finished. We moved into the living room to eat and as we were eating, she began the sales part by going through the different collections in the catalog. She did the "kiss" game where she would throw a Hershey's kiss to whoever found the different collections first. She would talk briefly about the collection and was able to intertwine a recruiting message in with a couple of them. Actually, the very first thing that she talked about was recruiting since they've moved it to the front of the catalog. She would ask, "Who has a piece of stoneware?" Someone would answer, tell what they had, what they used it for, etc.It was the first time, I'd really seen an interactive cooking show up close and personal but it made it seem very do-able. Also, the fact that she only brought mostly things that we used for the demo's showed me that it can be done. For those of us who are used to bring 95% of what we own, it's not going to be easy to scale it down, but it can be done. I plan to do this for the show that I have next week and I'm praying for good results.One thing that I've thought about is the fact that when I lug in one big bag and two big totes, not to mention my laptop and bag with catalogs, etc., it's not exactly appealing to someone who may be interested in the business. Slowly but surely, I'm learning that the "Simple" approach is better. I'm trying to KISS...Keep It Simple Simon! LOL!

Thank you for the info. I have been doing the upsidedown pineapple cake in the 12" skillet because I like that it's baking while I do my presentation and makes the show "quicker". However, you can't be interactive with that recipe :). I do like how she went through the collections in the catalog. I think I'll mark the pages of each collection in my catalog and then have them follow along too, maybe playing the KISS game with it.

Remember that intreractive takes all forms. By getting the guest to participate in the demo or by talking about their favorite products it is still interactive. Sometimes I just pass the bowl and whisk to the closest guest an have them stir it. Sometimes I ask who has stoneware, what do you have and what do you love about it. These are both interactive, because you are involving the guests.

I love how your upline did the demo, great ideas.

cookingwithlove said:
Remember that intreractive takes all forms. By getting the guest to participate in the demo or by talking about their favorite products it is still interactive. Sometimes I just pass the bowl and whisk to the closest guest an have them stir it. Sometimes I ask who has stoneware, what do you have and what do you love about it. These are both interactive, because you are involving the guests.

I love how your upline did the demo, great ideas.

I never thought about it being "interactive" when I ask the guests who has what and why they love it. But you're right, they are interacting :). That is what I do at my shows while I am doing the recipe.

tinawhite07 said:
Thank you for the info. I have been doing the upsidedown pineapple cake in the 12" skillet because I like that it's baking while I do my presentation and makes the show "quicker". However, you can't be interactive with that recipe :). I do like how she went through the collections in the catalog. I think I'll mark the pages of each collection in my catalog and then have them follow along too, maybe playing the KISS game with it.

I stopped doing dessert shows several years ago because I discovered that sales and bookings were never as good with those as they were with main dish or appetizer shows. I mostly always do main dish shows. I think that showing people the value of the products to help them prepare fast and healthy meals is something they can relate to more. When I did dessert shows, people would love the dessert and have fun, but there wasn't the same urgency to purchase the products demoed, or book a show. (and I know we can do this without the main dish demo, but it's just one more layer of value that makes them want what I have. :))

I've been doing the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad w/ mango confetti salsa, or for my brunch shows - the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares (but having the host also buy bell pepper that I chop in the MFP to add to the squares) and only bringing the products I need. My last three shows have all been over $600, and I have 3 bookings from each of those shows! I have 10 shows scheduled for April, 1 Fundraiser, and 2 Catalog Shows. This is HUGE for me, because usually between Spring Break, and Easter, I struggle to do 4-6 shows in April! I've been bringing just the products I need for the recipe, along with the 2 new cookbooks, HWC products, and the Mother's Day Lunch bag. I'm very happy with how things have been working out with the Carry Less, Sell More idea. :D

I always bring ALOT to my shows, but am going to work on "scaling down." Its so much more work when I take alot! Not to mention every time I do, the host is like "wow, that looks like so much work!" But on the other hand, I like to show the stuff! But I definately would much rather not take very much to make it look easier. I will just take a few items I can demo.
I also have NEVER been able to get folks involved in making the recipe's! Coodo's to ya'll who can. Everytime I have asked, no one is interested!

The first time I scaled back was also my first upstairs small apt show. It was great, but I was so lost looking for all of my stuff to pack up!!!!!

I've scaled back. So far so good.

I have to agree with Becky as far as dessert shows - they were always the least interactive and the lowest sales. I have been offering the 15 minute chicken fajitas and homemade salsa or Chicken Your Way & the mandarin pasta salad and then we do the mango confetti salsa. As far as the Mandarin Pasta salad, they are able to use this as a base for their chicken. I do alot of home prep for this and take the dressing in the measure, mix & pour and then just have them assemble the final product -also taking the pasta cooked and the spinach, washed & spun. My last show was $1600. I am still fighting the compulsion to take too much - it is a slow process to break the addiction, but I have come along way since January!:D

Tonight is my first show I am scaling back. I have my bag full of stuff, my tote for my tool turn about and my catalog tote for my paperwork... this is a huge step for me. I am determined that it will get even better from here. I love the ideas.

I will let you know how it goes.

believe it or not a lot of hosts appreciate you taking less and prepping more before you arrive. My sales have improved immensely since I started bringing the recipe already prepared and all I have to do is do last minute assembly and pop it into the oven. I take the tools with me that I used to make it and sometimes the featured host/guest special if I own it. I'll also make a lava cake and be done with the cooking demo SO much faster. I can be in and out of a host's home in 2 hours.

I've made it my goal to scale down this month...I haven't been able to talk myself into it but just decided to go for it. I had my first show this month tonight. I took my rolling bag, tool turn about tote and bag for catalogs. But I also had my laptop and a bag for my grill pan for our recipe. It was less than I usually take but I still felt like it was too much. The party was $348 when I left and she still had some orders to take. So I don't know how the take less will work for me....but it's probably more that I need to just make it work for me! There were only 4 peope at the party so it wasn't too bad, just wish it had been more. I did get two bookings though!

tinawhite07 said:
I am wondering how you are doing with this? I had a show last night and brought only a few things along with me. However I felt a little lost because i didn't have a lot to pull out and talk about. I did mention things in the catalog along the way, but I felt something was lacking....I should mention that there were only three people there and one was the host :). The stomach bug has been going around so a lot of her guests were out of commission. My show total was only $300.00 :yuck:. Going off this show I don't know that I like bringing less. Do you think it was just the fact that it was such a SMALL show and maybe a regular show it would work fine at?
TIA

Wait a minute you had 3 people there and your show total was "only" $300.00. That's $100 a person. Unless you are in a very affluent area I'd say that was a very successful show.

1. How can I effectively carry less and still sell more at my Pampered Chef parties?

One way to carry less is to use collapsible crates or bins to transport your products. You can also limit the number of products you bring to each party and focus on demonstrating a few key items. Another tip is to utilize digital catalogs and order forms, reducing the need for physical inventory.

2. Can you provide some tips on how to sell more products at Pampered Chef parties?

First, make sure to have a variety of products on display and offer samples or demonstrations to entice customers. Utilize the power of social media to promote your parties and reach a wider audience. Additionally, offering special deals or promotions can also help increase sales.

3. How can I effectively manage my inventory while carrying less at Pampered Chef parties?

One way to manage inventory is to track your sales and popular products, and only bring those items to parties. You can also offer to place orders for customers if they are interested in items that you do not have on hand. Utilizing digital catalogs and ordering can also help with inventory management.

4. Are there any products that are essential to bring to every Pampered Chef party?

The best products to bring to every party are those that are versatile and can be used for a variety of recipes or tasks. Some popular items include the Quick-Stir® Pitcher, the Mix 'N Chop®, and the Deluxe Air Fryer.

5. How can I make sure I am effectively selling to every guest at a Pampered Chef party?

One tip is to ask open-ended questions and listen to your guests' needs and preferences. This will allow you to recommend products that are tailored to their specific needs. Additionally, offering a variety of price points and product categories can help ensure that there is something for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies