• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Trade Shows / Craft Sales / Etc...

In summary, the conversation discusses the success of using microwave chips as a marketing strategy at trade shows and events. The chips were made using a microwave chip maker and were offered as a deal when purchasing the Simple Slicer. The conversation also touches on the importance of following local rules and regulations for distributing food as well as the need for a food handlers certificate. It is noted that the chips were a hit and helped draw in potential customers, leading to sales and bookings. The participants also mention the need for practice in making the chips and the occasional issue with the consistency of the chips. Overall, the conversation highlights the effectiveness of using microwave chips as a marketing tool in the direct sales business.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Now is the time for lots of these types of events....and if you're like me, the sales aren't the focus, but bookings, recruits. HOWEVER....I wanted to share what has been working for me.

at one trade show, I brought a microwave and made chips all night. At another, I made chips the night before and brought them along. I offered a deal for buying the "set" which was the Simple Slicer and the Microwave Chip Makers (save approx 20%).

I sold over $1200 worth of sets over that weekend. I don't think i would have sold a single thing but having the chips there were awesome and really drew a crowd! Super fun!

I really need to break out my chip maker and give it a whirl....yes, I have never tried it!

I would only do the microwave in a large venue so you don't pop the breaker! But yes, I love it!

And you need to check your local rules...we need a permit to distribute food in our area....even samples.

we just need a food handlers certificate, which we have.

It sounds like a great idea -- I have heard of microwave ovens overheating when doing lots of batches in a row...have you had any issues? And do you serve them with any of our rubs mixed as dips?

We didn't have any problems, but we were at a concert hall so their electrical system was pretty heavy-duty. We had to reset the extension cord a few times as it has a built-in surge protector. We decided to just be very simple and use a bit of salt. It was really really busy so we wouldn't have had time to do anything else.

Do the chips stay crisp overnight? The MCM is a good product to have out because it starts the conversation with the person saying "what is this?" I think if I had had some chips there for them to try, there would have been more interest in purchasing or booking. If I had chips, I would not leave them out for just every Jane and Jim to snack on. I would offer them a sample when they show interest in the chip maker or start interacting.

They do pretty well overnight. We used them to draw people into the booth and start a conversation. It definitely helped interest people who otherwise would have walked by.

pamperedlinda said:
I really need to break out my chip maker and give it a whirl....yes, I have never tried it!

I tried it once at my sister's but we were in a time crunch so we didn't have time for the chips to dry and to make too many.

I did this at my last "ladies night out" that was thrown by a local hotel. I knew my guests were all out of towners (meaning no cooking shows), so i brought cash and carry and made the microwave chips. Ended up selling a couple sets and 1/2 my table. The chips drew them in and then i talked about other things. You could tell by the guests face which were... so i need to practice making these better. The only problem i had was some of the chips were crunchy and others weren't.My AD had the same experience Krista had. Krista, did you have them on hand - cash and carry, or did you have to place an order?

What is a trade show?

A trade show is an event where businesses and organizations showcase their products and services to potential customers, partners, and industry professionals. It is an opportunity for companies to network, generate leads, and promote their brand.

How do I participate in a trade show?

To participate in a trade show, you will need to register and pay a fee to secure a booth or space at the event. You will also need to prepare your display, marketing materials, and products to showcase at the show. It is recommended to plan and book your spot in advance, as trade shows tend to fill up quickly.

What is a craft sale?

A craft sale is an event where artisans and crafters display and sell their handmade goods. These events are often held in community centers, schools, or churches, and provide a platform for artists to showcase and sell their unique creations.

How do I participate in a craft sale?

To participate in a craft sale, you will need to contact the organizers of the event and inquire about booth availability and fees. You will also need to prepare your products, such as creating inventory, packaging, and pricing. It is also important to have marketing materials and a visually appealing display to attract customers.

What are the benefits of participating in trade shows or craft sales?

Participating in trade shows or craft sales can provide many benefits for businesses and artists. It allows them to reach a larger audience, make new connections and partnerships, and increase sales. It also provides an opportunity for market research and getting feedback on products and services. Additionally, participating in these events can help increase brand awareness and visibility in the industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gfreechef
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • dannyzmom