• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Sales at Vendor Fairs/Quarter Auctions

In summary, the Quarter Auction was a bust, and the April Apron auction is the most important. Make sure to ask for orders and be persistent.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
I have done a few events and haven't made many sales. I have a Quarter Auction tonight and Wednesday and one party on Friday, I REALLY want the April Apron so I need the 2 Auctions to make sales.

I sold a couple things at my last auction. I make chips ahead of time and lay those out with the set and rub so I have sold a couple of those. And I do a $10 gift certificate drawing at the end of the auction and I sold to the 2 ladies that won at the last 2 auctions...but they only purchased things under $15. I also saw a tip somewhere here about putting sets up to display with their prices. I have 5 sets I put together for my table.

My question is...how do you close the deal??? I am a terrible closer. My first auction I had 5 people wavering back and forth about the chip maker, I sold one. What do you all do to make the sale at these types of events. My main goal is still to get bookings (I am pregnant and was too exhausted during my 1st trimester to work my business and now I am seeing a blank calendar ahead) but I really want to make enough sales to get my apron.

Thanks everyone :)

The most important thing when trying to "make the sale" is to ask for their order....example: "Would you like me to add your name for one of these packages?" Can I put you down for an order? anything along those lines would work.....Don't be afraid to ask everyone!, often and always asking for the sale is important....I wish you luck!

I have done events with cash n carry and without. I find that when i do events Without cash and carry, i tend to book shows (but take no orders). When I do events with cash and carry, I tend to sell product (but not book shows).

Have your starter kit setup with a DCB and sampling of both kinds of cookware. Have literature (OLD catalogs) and new minis or new recipes for anyone who will give you their NAPEF (name, address, phone, email, fax)

The Quarter Auction on Friday was a MAJOR BUST!!! In Jan. this one had 70+guests, I made a couple sales and got a couple possible bookings and had LOTS of interest in my potato chips/maker set. So I thought I would go back and get these people to fall in love again and get sales/parties. Not so much!!! There were only 17 people there and I had 3 people come to my booth, and kept telling me, I am really thinking about that chip maker, or I was telling my husband about it. They just came by to eat my chips, none had the intention to purchase, saying it was too expensive! Hell0 5 bags of chips costs the same, I did mention that they would have it paid off after only 5-6 bags of greasy chips, but they all said no. And to make it worse there was smoking in the bar area we were in becasue it was a private club, so no sales, no contacts, and I reaked of smoke, and so did all my products.

I have another auction with another company tomorrow, and am feeling much more positively about this one. Sorry about the rant, but I was really bummed after I left, I was really excited that I only had to auction 2 items and I chose low cost ones for that event so I was only in the hole $12 after it was all said and done:)

What products should I focus on selling at vendor fairs/quarter auctions?

It's important to have a variety of products on display at vendor fairs/quarter auctions to appeal to different customers. Some popular products to showcase include our kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware. You can also highlight our seasonal collections or any new products.

How can I make my booth/table stand out at these events?

To make your booth/table stand out, it's important to have an eye-catching display. Use height variations, colorful tablecloths, and attractive signage to draw people in. You can also offer samples or demonstrations to engage potential customers.

What is the best way to approach potential customers at these events?

A friendly and approachable attitude is key when interacting with potential customers. Start by greeting them and offering a sample or demonstration of a product. Ask open-ended questions to get to know their needs and offer solutions with our products.

How can I handle objections or rejections from potential customers?

It's important to remain positive and professional when facing objections or rejections from potential customers. Listen to their concerns and offer solutions or alternatives. You can also offer a special deal or discount to entice them to make a purchase.

What are some effective ways to follow up with potential customers after these events?

Following up with potential customers after the event is crucial to turning them into repeat customers. You can send a personalized email, make a phone call, or connect with them on social media. Offer a special deal or invite them to a cooking demonstration to continue building a relationship with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liz P
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Jessica Kidd
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies