• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Things You Learned at Your First Show

doing it this way I have not had anyone say no, and they all have taken something (either an info packet, a book, or both). This is a great way to do it!I love the 4 pile checkout! It makes sure that everyone gets what they came for, and you don't have to keep track of everyone's individual inventory.
PamperedbyKaren
So I had my first show last weekend and it went extrememly well (Closed at $900 in sales and 3 bookings) I had 13 people there and 18 people order. It's every consultant's dream, but since it was my first party, it was so nerve racking. Overrall I think I did well, only messed up a few things. I came home and wrote down my little mistakes so when I have my next show (next weekend) I can be sure not to make them again.

1. Have MORE than enough catalogs - I had just enough, wheww
2. PENS PENS PENS - duuhh
3. Pot Holders/oven mitts - forgot them
4. Sloooow down - kind of felt like I said so much so fast

Anyone else have tips, funny stories or mistakes.

I have to remember to set timers. I get talking and forget about the pizza crust that is supposed to be "pre-baking"! Thankfully the times that I thought it was ruined, it actually tasted really good and everyone loved it! By the way...what color pens do you guys use? I bought red ones, cause that's what it recommended in the training materials. But then I have guests writing checks in red ink...so far it hasn't been a problem though. Most people wait to write the check when I check their order form (so I give them a black pen), but every now and then someone fills the whole thing out, has the check ready and everything.Don't forget to ask people the questions at check out! That's my big thing that I would forget to do or be afraid to do with some people. You know, the people who give you their receipt and then walk away to eat or chat with friends and then you have to approach them with the total and they won't step away and then you're nervous to ask questions in front of the others?!!

Amanda--I tell them at the beginning that I want to give them the best service when they place their order so I will be calling them to my table (separate from where they are if possible) and can then do a full service checkout. Tell them it won't take more than 5 minutes and they can get back to socializing quickly.

The red pens were great for our old itemized receipts. But since we went to write in receipts, I use black or blue pens. I set them up in my Small Bowl Caddy w/Bowls next to my stack of guest packets.

The red pens are still good to ensure you get them back. That way you don't have to replenish pens every few weeks. People are less likely to walk away with your red pen.

I wish I had started out doing the full-service 4-pile checkout. I am having to form the habit now, which is difficult- I wish I had started that from the beginning. Now, I am making sure that EVERYTHING I do is duplicate-able, so my new recruits, and their recruits can do what I do, and expect the same results (hopefully) That is my new mantra- Be duplicatable. No need to re-invent the wheel.

I placed an address label with my information on the middle of the pen. This way IF they take the pen, hey it has my info on it. ;)

PCMelissa said:
I placed an address label with my information on the middle of the pen. This way IF they take the pen, hey it has my info on it. ;)

Great idea!

The 4 pile checkout is this:
Before everyone gets there, I set up my computer, work area away from where they will be gathering, and set up for piles- recruiting packets, show packets, bridal registry information and recipe cards.

At check-out time I have them put their orders in a pile, then go enjoy the food, visit, etc. This keeps them from all standing around, which wouldl keep me from asking each person.

Then I ask the guest if they had a great time, comment on how much they seemed to enjoy what ever product, etc. The I enter their order, cross sell, etc and then I ask them if they would like information about the PC opportunity, then ask if they would like to book a show, then bridal registry info, and then last a recipe card. If they say no to each of them, they will say yes to the recipe card. I tell them in my opening, that I am going to ask them, so they are not surprised. I started doing it this way, because I did not want to pre-judge who would, or would not want info, and by asking each one, no one is left out.

I want my team to do this as well, so I need to be doing this.

That's a great system! I usually get together w/ my future hosts to give them the packet and go over it with them, but I have a high rate of people that change their minds between the show and getting together for the host coaching appointment.

I am thinking aobut instead of giving the show packet, giving them a blank guest list, and a 50-in-5, and mailing invitations for them Right now, I offer to mail the invitations, but I do not make it mandatory. I am still waivering on that. I am not sure which way is best. Some people swear on mailing out invitations, some do not. I offer, to make it easier for the host, but regardless, I do make sure I do 3 host coaching calls, and that helps with attendance.

PCMelissa said:

I ordered Pens with my information on it - not from Merrill from another website - NOW I want them to take my pens!!!

I make mistakes at almost every show... I either miss a step in the recipe or just do something wrong or I forget a tool or ingredient (like one of our seasonings that I need for the recipe), once I even forgot the recipe! luckily it was a wreath that I had made the night before for my family so I was familiar with it and it was very forgiving. My biggest tip and the thing that I constantly remind myself and my guests is that I'm not a Professional or Perfect Chef but a Pampered Chef. I think that my ability to laugh at myself when I do forget something or make a mistake lets them know that I am human and that they can do this too. I've never had anything be un-edible and I will usually say something like "If you think this is good, imagine how good it will be when you make it and don't forget the Dill Seasoning!" (or whatever it is I missed). And if you forget something, you can usually come up with something to use to do whatever chopping or squeezing that you need.

where do you order your pens from? If you don't mind me asking

It's not about me (or, in your case, you). I know you're the person in front, but it's really about making sure that the guests and host have fun.

Make sure you use the check off list... it has things like pens and catalogs and I think even oven mits on it so you remember everything!Thanks for posting this. I've been with PC for almost a year and I think it's time for me to refresh... my First "real" show (where my director wasn't there and that wasn't for my friends) was my BEST show yet. I had watched training DVD's, called in to teleclasses, listened and took notes on recorded teleclasses... basically took advantage of training, training, training! And looking back it really paid off!
Utilize all that this company has to give us!

Make sure you use the check off list... it has things like pens and catalogs and I think even oven mits on it so you remember everything!

Thanks for posting this. I've been with PC for almost a year and I think it's time for me to refresh... my First "real" show (where my director wasn't there and that wasn't for my friends) was my BEST show yet. I had watched training DVD's, called in to teleclasses, listened and took notes on recorded teleclasses... basically took advantage of training, training, training! And looking back it really paid off!
Utilize all that this company has to give us!

I stopped taking pens to my shows. I was spending too much replacing them. I haven't had anyone that didn't have one in their purse. At my first show I made a cake with rum extract. The host had real rum. I read the recipe out loud and told the host 2 tablespoons, which she poured WAY over each tablespoon into the bowl. Oops- I then noticed it was 2 teaspoons. Good cake though!

From my first show I realized just how sharp the utility knife was... a few bandages and a lot of applied pressure later... I sold 2!!

mrssyvo said:
I am thinking aobut instead of giving the show packet, giving them a blank guest list, and a 50-in-5, and mailing invitations for them Right now, I offer to mail the invitations, but I do not make it mandatory. I am still waivering on that. I am not sure which way is best. Some people swear on mailing out invitations, some do not. I offer, to make it easier for the host, but regardless, I do make sure I do 3 host coaching calls, and that helps with attendance.

But - have you ever talked to anyone who did it, and then decided it wasn't worth it?

(just something to think about....)

1. What are some tips for setting up a successful first show?

To have a successful first show, it's important to have a well-organized and inviting setup. Make sure to have all of your products displayed neatly and clearly labeled. Also, have plenty of catalogs and order forms available for your guests. Don't forget to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere with some background music and refreshments.

2. How do I engage my guests and keep them interested during the show?

One way to keep your guests engaged is by involving them in the demonstration. Ask for volunteers to help with certain tasks or let them try out some of the products. You can also encourage them to ask questions and share their own cooking experiences. Additionally, offering fun games or contests can help keep the energy and excitement high.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid during my first show?

One common mistake is talking too much about the products and not enough about the benefits and outcomes of using them. Remember to focus on how the products can make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable for your guests. Another mistake is not following up with guests after the show. Be sure to reach out and thank them for attending and offer to answer any further questions or take orders.

4. How can I make sure my first show is a success and leads to future bookings?

One way to ensure success and future bookings is by offering incentives for guests who host their own parties. This could be a discount on their order or a free product. You can also offer a special promotion for guests who book a party at the show. Don't forget to also collect contact information from interested guests and follow up with them after the show.

5. What are some ways to showcase the versatility and quality of Pampered Chef products at my first show?

There are a few ways to showcase the versatility and quality of our products. You can do a live demonstration of a recipe using multiple products, highlighting how they work together. Another option is to have a display of finished dishes using our products and allow guests to taste them. You can also share personal experiences and testimonials from other satisfied customers who have used our products in various ways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mandy412
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • MaryannNic