• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today...

, the host of the show, did have a $1000 catalog show. I don't think it was with a different company, because the daughter had been hosting shows with the same company for the past few months. I think it could have been another consultant she did it with, because she mentioned that she was going to get cookware at 60% off and 1/2 off.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I wasn't sure for a minute how to respond....and was glad when the conversation turned to something else.

The show I did today was a fundraiser - and alot of good things happened, which I will post on the 3-2-1 thread.......BUT the past host (who hosted the show where this show was booked) was there, and she started talking about her mom's show - her mom had booked a catalog show from her show - her comment was "boy, I bet you wish all shows were like my mom's show!"....I wasn't sure what she meant, until she announced to the group that her mother had had a $1000 catalog show! Ummmm, okay - I think I'd remember a $1000 catalog show! Her mom had actually had a $350 catalog show - which is pretty good, but nowhere near $1000!:eek: So, a very uncomfortable moment, as I realized that this mother had lied to her daughter about her show!:eek: I am also glad (and thankful to God!) that I had the presence of mind to keep my mouth shut!

It bothers me though, to think that the mom lied to the daughter.....the daughter has been an incredible host for me - in the past 7 months has had 2 good shows with 3-4 bookings per show, and her mom has booked another catalog show for November - so it's not like I can just blow it off and forget about it......it just feels very uncomfortable to me right now.

What an unfortunate situation. I think you did the right thing by not telling the daughter. It's just a shame that the mother felt she had to lie to her daughter for whatever reason.

Now, I have had a host think they had a $1000 show because she got the cookware and all the orders plus hers added up to $1000. Did that happen at all?

cmdtrgd said:
Now, I have had a host think they had a $1000 show because she got the cookware and all the orders plus hers added up to $1000. Did that happen at all?

Nope - with her cookware "(she did get cookware at 60% off and 1/2 off) the total was $601 for the entire show. I thought of that too.....just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.....but still not close to $1000!

Maybe the Mom was embarrassed that she didn't have as great a catalog show as her daughter has cooking shows. I probably would have done the same thing--smiled and nodded. I migh have even been brazen enough to say, "So, who wants to be my next $1000 catty show?"

Hate to say this, but it did come to mind~Do you think it could have been another consultant she did it with, or maybe even a different company?? I'm just trying to think of something else, cause I'd hate to think that the mother would outright lie & think she wouldn't be found out!!

sarahlegare said:
Hate to say this, but it did come to mind~Do you think it could have been another consultant she did it with, or maybe even a different company?? I'm just trying to think of something else, cause I'd hate to think that the mother would outright lie & think she wouldn't be found out!!
That's what I was thinking too.......

sarahlegare said:

I would like to think so, but I don't. When her daughter hosted, the mom (who lives about 3 hrs north of us) had never been to a PC show, and didn't own any PC products(neither did her daughter!). It took her 3 months to actually turn in the catalog show that she did do..........I really think that, as bad as it sounds, she was trying to one-up her daughter. Like I said, the daughter has had 2 successful shows with great bookings, and I guess she just felt like she needed to go one better.

Maybe this will serve you well. If others heard the host had a $1,000 catalog show, maybe they will be more likely to host one and work hard to reach that goal. ;)

Lisa

Related to Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today...

1. What is "Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today..."?

"Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today..." is a popular game often played at Pampered Chef parties. It involves guests sharing funny or unusual stories that have happened to them at other parties or events.

2. How do you play "Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today..."?

To play "Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today...", the host or consultant will start by sharing a strange or funny story that has happened to them at a party or event. Then, guests can take turns sharing their own stories. The goal is to have a good time and enjoy some laughs with friends!

3. What are some examples of "strange things" that could happen at a party?

Some examples of "strange things" that could happen at a party include accidentally spilling food or drinks, having a kitchen mishap while cooking, or having a funny encounter with a guest or host. The possibilities are endless!

4. Do I have to share a story to play "Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today..."?

No, participation is completely optional in "Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today...". If you don't feel comfortable sharing a story, you can simply listen and enjoy the stories shared by others.

5. Can kids participate in "Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today..."?

Yes, kids can definitely participate in "Strange Thing Happened at My Show Today...". However, it's always a good idea to make sure the stories shared are appropriate for all ages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cttdbreeves
Replies