• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pantry Show Ideas: Spice the Turn-About Tote!

In summary, the Spice Turn-About Tote would make a handy Pantry Show product. A show where they taste our pantry items (much like Tastefully Simple) but our products are brought into play more like a Cooking Show? or a Deep Covered Baker to cook chicken with a rub?
Kelly8
Did anyone else notice on the consultant sales promotion flyer for the Spice Turn-About Tote that it would be handy for Pantry Shows? I haven't seen much else for these kind of shows but that little phrase got me thinking. What about this: a show where they taste our pantry items (much like Tastefully Simple) but our products are brought into play more like a Cooking Show? For example, I was thinking of doing 3 dips and showcasing the Simple Additions, or Bamboo bowls, as a way to showcase the dips and dippers (could use Cool & Serve Tray too). Then using the Deep Covered Baker to cook chicken with a rub, and maybe making some desserts with our sprinkles using stoneware. What do you all think? I'm thinking of doing a training of this at my next cluster meeting, so input would be appreciated!

When I was at conference I talked to another consultant that was doing these types of shows. She did the cream cheese with two sauces, one on each 1/2; she also poured the other sauces in the small bamboo bowls and sampled them with pretzels. She was only doing the sauces, but had considered making a couple of dips. She would have a recipe already cooking when everyone got there. She was selling about $200 more per show by doing this. She had only been doing it a couple of months so she did not know if people would reorder.

I think it is a choice to offer our hosts.

See...forgot about the sauces! lol! That's another idea! Thanks!

floccies said:
When I was at conference I talked to another consultant that was doing these types of shows. She did the cream cheese with two sauces, one on each 1/2; she also poured the other sauces in the small bamboo bowls and sampled them with pretzels. She was only doing the sauces, but had considered making a couple of dips. She would have a recipe already cooking when everyone got there. She was selling about $200 more per show by doing this. She had only been doing it a couple of months so she did not know if people would reorder.

I think it is a choice to offer our hosts.

Wow! $200 more per show?! Can anyone give more details/ideas for this type of show? I would LOVE to try it!

Someone (maybe Lefty) was talking about this a while back. I think they called it tools and tastings....

This is a great idea - I recently went to a Tastefully Simple Party for the first time and I wasn't very impressed. I think Pampered Chef's Pantry items are much better!

I just did my very first pantry party today, the host was pressed for time, so we decided to just sample the pantry items.

All made up ahead of time:

I made up 3 dips from the creole, greek and peppercorn garlic rubs.
Dipping oils were prepared w/ some french loaf bread
2 bricks of cream cheese were purchased and I split them into 4 and poured 4 of the sauces over them, with crackers
I featured the DCB by cooking up 4 chicken breasts and when those were done, I cut them into bite sized pieces and put them in the med bamboo bowl so guests could pick what they wanted to try the sauces or eat on its own. I seasoned the chicken w/ peppercorn/garlic rub beforehand.

While the chicken was cooking, I prepared the Strawberry Cream Trifle.

Show is sitting at $500 w/ 2 bookings and 8 guests. I would definitely do this again!

chefsteph07 said:
I just did my very first pantry party today, the host was pressed for time, so we decided to just sample the pantry items.All made up ahead of time:I made up 3 dips from the creole, greek and peppercorn garlic rubs.
Dipping oils were prepared w/ some french loaf bread
2 bricks of cream cheese were purchased and I split them into 4 and poured 4 of the sauces over them, with crackers
I featured the DCB by cooking up 4 chicken breasts and when those were done, I cut them into bite sized pieces and put them in the med bamboo bowl so guests could pick what they wanted to try the sauces or eat on its own. I seasoned the chicken w/ peppercorn/garlic rub beforehand. While the chicken was cooking, I prepared the Strawberry Cream Trifle. Show is sitting at $500 w/ 2 bookings and 8 guests. I would definitely do this again!
Sounds tasty! I hadn't thought of doing dips with those 3 rubs. I've been using the Southwestern, Smoky BBQ, and Dill seasoning. Now I wanna try the other dips!Which 4 sauces did you use? Raspberry, Pineapple, Peanut, and Chili Pepper?How much of the pantry items did you actually sell? People are usually buying the sauces when I show them, but they haven't seemed to care too much about the dips.

I used the Rasp, Ginger Wasabi, Chili, Pineapple Rum. They went over great!

I sold

Parm Garlic Oil 1
Peppercorn/Garlic Rub 2
Dill Mix 1
Rosemary mix 1
Pineapple Rum Sauce 1
Citrus/Basil rub 1
Sweet Mocha Hazelnut 1
Cinnamon Plus 1
SW seasoning 1

*I have NEVER sold this much pantry in one show in 7 years!

I'm doing an office show and was going to do the Fajitas cause it's so quick, but just the chicken and sauces/dips sounds good too!! Maybe I'll still do the chicken with the rub (I like the chipotle cause of the bite, or the rosemary) and cut up with ssalad choppers so I'm still using a product... hmmm... great idea for an office show!

1. What is the "Turn-About Tote"?

The "Turn-About Tote" is a unique product from Pampered Chef that allows you to easily store and access your favorite spices and seasonings. It features adjustable shelves and a rotating design, making it perfect for organizing and using spices in your kitchen.

2. How many spices can the "Turn-About Tote" hold?

The "Turn-About Tote" can hold up to 16 standard-sized spice bottles, or 32 smaller ones. It also has the capacity to hold larger containers, such as jars or shakers.

3. Can I customize the shelves in the "Turn-About Tote"?

Yes, the shelves in the "Turn-About Tote" are adjustable, allowing you to fit different sizes of spice bottles and containers. This makes it versatile for storing all of your favorite spices and seasonings.

4. Is the "Turn-About Tote" easy to clean?

Yes, the "Turn-About Tote" is made of durable plastic and is easy to clean with soap and water. The shelves can also be removed for thorough cleaning.

5. Can I use the "Turn-About Tote" for other items besides spices?

While the "Turn-About Tote" is designed for organizing and storing spices, it can also be used for other small items, such as vitamins, supplements, or craft supplies. Its rotating design makes it convenient for accessing and using a variety of items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SonyaVerrillo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dme.grant
  • Tracie