• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasting Show: Favorite Rubs/Seasonings for Dips?

In summary, the conversation was about different rubs and seasonings that could be used to make dips for a Pantry Tasting show on Saturday. The participants shared their favorite combinations, such as creole and chipotle or Jamaican jerk for shrimp, and crushed peppercorn and BBQ for potato chips. They also discussed using cream cheese with different dipping seasonings, like sun-dried tomato and herb or pineapple rum sauce. Some other suggestions included using the Raspberry Habanero sauce on cream cheese with chips and serving dessert sauces with teddy grahams on a cheese board. The conversation also touched on different ways to prepare the food, such as baking chicken in a deep covered baker and using a skillet for cooking shrimp.
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm terrible at knowing which would be good to try. I have a Pantry Tasting show on Saturday.

I'm trying to decide which rubs/seasonings to use to make the Dips.

This is 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup mayo with 1 tsp of a Seasoning Mix. Then another 1/2 cup of the sour cream/mayo mix with 1 tsp of a Rub.
*Southwestern is always good...but I've not tried anything else as a dip.

I'm drawing blanks!

I'm thinking of using the following for my shrimp: creole *YUM* and either Chipotle or Jamaican Jerk. Chili Lime was so-so to me(but I used the full 2 Tbsp for about 12 shrimp...way too much. Use half.)

I'll probably use Crushed Peppercorn, and a BBQ on the potato chips, unless someone else has one they love.

So would you list your favorite combos? Ones that go over well with customers too?

So far, I have tried the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles with Cream Cheese. At first- I wasn't impressed, but I let it sit for a bit, and the sugars seemed to melt into it, and the flavors improved....I like that one -if made ahead! We did a cream cheese and the Sun-dried Tomato & Herb Dipping seasoning. YUM!!

You can look up pantry tasting on here and come up with scads of ideals.

crushed peppercorn is great as a dip. Love the oil dipping seasonings with cream cheese like a cheese ball or as a dip as well. Take the flavors you like and just try it.

DID TASTING SHOW TONITE...I MADE UP SOME OF THE STUFF AHEAD A TIME AT HOME AND JUST TOOK IT IN PREP BOWLS AND SHE REIMBURSED ME THE ITEMS...CREAM CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, MAYO. I did demo up the chicken and shrimp and also last minute took chip maker..I had made up some chips earlier in day and took them..sweet potato and regular with those having BBQ rub on them..they loved them and they stayed crisp..I showed them how to slice part of a potato and did one batch in her micro..turned out fine. here is my quick outline I did

BAKE 3 CHICKEN BREAST HALVES IN DEEP COVERED BAKER AND CUBE UP
Serve CHICKEN IN 1 SMALL BAMBOO BOWL –ON CRACKER TRAY
SWEET SOUR SAUCE IN PETITE BAMBOO BOWL TERIYAKI SAUCE IN PETITE BAMBOO BOWL add to cracker tray (do this at show)
TOSS ½ SHRIMP IN BAG WITH APPLEWOOD RUB – COOK IN SKILLET /SERVE in DOTS BOWL TOOTHPICKS
TOSS ½ SHRIMP IN BAG WITH CITRUS BASIL RUB – COOK IN SKILLET / SERVE in DOTS BOWL TOOTHPICKS
SLICE CARROTS, CUCUMBER, WITH SIMPLE SLICER /SERVED IN COOL N SERVE along with
BEER BREAD
SOUTHWEST DIP AND CRUSHED PEPPERCORN DIP IN PREP BOWLS

OLIVE OIL WITH LEMON AND ROSEMARY DIPPING SEASONING
SERVE WITH BEER BREAD CUBED IN MEDIUM SQUARE BAMBOO WITH SMALL ROUND SET INSIDE (put the oil dipping in this round bowl)

CINNAMON SPRINKLE with 1/2 CREAM CHEESE BLOCK IN PREP BOWL
SUNDRIED TOMATO DIPPING SEASONING WITH 1/2 CREAM CHEESE IN PREP BOWL...SERVE WITH FRENCH BREAD IN MEDIUM SQUARE BAMBOO

½ CREAM CHEESE WITH PINEAPPLE RUM SAUCE
½ CREAM CHEESE WITH BLACKBERRY BALSAMIC SAUCE
SERVE WITH WHEAT CRACKERS IN SMALL BAMBOO ROUND BOWL

DESSERT SAUCES
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY, CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER, CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT
SERVE WITH TEDDY GRAHAMS IN FIBER BAMBOO SMALL MIXING BOWL
SERVE ON CHEESE BOARD WITH 3 PETITE SIMPLE ADDITIONS WHITE SQUARES WITH DESSERT SAUCES IN THEM

My favorite dips are the Southwestern, Dill, and BBQ. I LOVE the Raspberry Habanero sauce on cream cheese with chips.

kreaser said:
DID TASTING SHOW TONITE...I MADE UP SOME OF THE STUFF AHEAD A TIME AT HOME AND JUST TOOK IT IN PREP BOWLS AND SHE REIMBURSED ME THE ITEMS...CREAM CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, MAYO. I did demo up the chicken and shrimp and also last minute took chip maker..I had made up some chips earlier in day and took them..sweet potato and regular with those having BBQ rub on them..they loved them and they stayed crisp..I showed them how to slice part of a potato and did one batch in her micro..turned out fine. here is my quick outline I did

BAKE 3 CHICKEN BREAST HALVES IN DEEP COVERED BAKER AND CUBE UP
Serve CHICKEN IN 1 SMALL BAMBOO BOWL –ON CRACKER TRAY
SWEET SOUR SAUCE IN PETITE BAMBOO BOWL TERIYAKI SAUCE IN PETITE BAMBOO BOWL add to cracker tray (do this at show)
TOSS ½ SHRIMP IN BAG WITH APPLEWOOD RUB – COOK IN SKILLET /SERVE in DOTS BOWL TOOTHPICKS
TOSS ½ SHRIMP IN BAG WITH CITRUS BASIL RUB – COOK IN SKILLET / SERVE in DOTS BOWL TOOTHPICKS
SLICE CARROTS, CUCUMBER, WITH SIMPLE SLICER /SERVED IN COOL N SERVE along with
BEER BREAD
SOUTHWEST DIP AND CRUSHED PEPPERCORN DIP IN PREP BOWLS

OLIVE OIL WITH LEMON AND ROSEMARY DIPPING SEASONING
SERVE WITH BEER BREAD CUBED IN MEDIUM SQUARE BAMBOO WITH SMALL ROUND SET INSIDE (put the oil dipping in this round bowl)

CINNAMON SPRINKLE with 1/2 CREAM CHEESE BLOCK IN PREP BOWL
SUNDRIED TOMATO DIPPING SEASONING WITH 1/2 CREAM CHEESE IN PREP BOWL...SERVE WITH FRENCH BREAD IN MEDIUM SQUARE BAMBOO

½ CREAM CHEESE WITH PINEAPPLE RUM SAUCE
½ CREAM CHEESE WITH BLACKBERRY BALSAMIC SAUCE
SERVE WITH WHEAT CRACKERS IN SMALL BAMBOO ROUND BOWL

DESSERT SAUCES
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY, CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER, CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT
SERVE WITH TEDDY GRAHAMS IN FIBER BAMBOO SMALL MIXING BOWL
SERVE ON CHEESE BOARD WITH 3 PETITE SIMPLE ADDITIONS WHITE SQUARES WITH DESSERT SAUCES IN THEM

Sounds delicious! How were your sales? Did you prep things in front of everyone or just explain what you did and then talk about other things from the catalog?

What knd of shrimp did you have? This sounds great and would maybe become a favorite show as we get into the Holiday season as it shows alot of apps & crudites and such...and things to make entertaining painless!:rolleyes:

babywings76 said:
Sounds delicious! How were your sales? Did you prep things in front of everyone or just explain what you did and then talk about other things from the catalog?

That is what I am wondering.. how are the sales for this? I think it would be good for people who have everything or a sip n dip party. I know the goal is for repeat offenders, but as a lover of Tastefully simple, I can tell you I don't repeat business. There are very few items I can live without and if I go to a party or hear of one I order a few but I don't go to the website or reach out to the consultant to get. I will do this outline for a monthly dinner club tho when I do Sips n Dips.

I'm doing my show this afternoon. I can tell you that you are NOT just marketing towards the Pantry items! I'm using the DCB, the Saute pan, the UM, Simple Slicer, Chipmaker, lots of bamboo, and I'm doing something in the MFP. It shows a lot!I think the success I've read about from others is likely because you are showing so much, in addition to them tasting the pantry items. we'll see how it goes. I'm definitely taking more product than I had in the last few shows. (Two crates worth - including my spice turn about).

1. What are some popular rubs and seasonings for dips?

Some popular rubs and seasonings for dips are the Garlic & Herb Rub, Southwest Seasoning Mix, Italian Seasoning Mix, and the Onion Onion Seasoning.

2. Can these rubs and seasonings be used for more than just dips?

Yes, these rubs and seasonings can be used on a variety of dishes such as meats, vegetables, and even in marinades.

3. Are these rubs and seasonings all natural and gluten-free?

Yes, all of our rubs and seasonings are made with natural ingredients and are gluten-free.

4. How much of these rubs and seasonings should be used in a dip?

It is recommended to use about 1-2 tablespoons of rub or seasoning per 8 oz of dip. However, you can adjust the amount to your personal taste preference.

5. Can I mix and match different rubs and seasonings in one dip?

Absolutely! Mixing and matching different rubs and seasonings can create unique and delicious flavor combinations in a dip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chef cathy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg