• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Team Conference Experience: Tips for Multiple Members Attending

In summary, the speaker discusses their upcoming conference and how they have more team members attending this year compared to last year. They mention wanting to make the conference memorable and are thinking of ideas such as a scavenger hunt and a "who's who and who's where" tip sheet. They also mention tips for newbies, such as not overpacking and overbuying from vendors. The speaker mentions receiving gifts from their upline at past conferences and suggests items that would be useful to have at the conference. They also mention previous years where they had themed gifts like lei bracelets and sparkly suntan lotion packets. Lastly, the speaker advises not to stress about making sure everyone is happy and suggests pairing up newbies with each other.
pchefkristin
This is the first year I have had more than one of my team members joining me at conference. Last year it was just SuzieQconsultant and myself, along with our uplines of course.

This year however, so far I have 5 of my gals confirmed as coming, and another 3 or 4 still on the fence! :eek:

I have been trying to think of things to make this conference most memorable for them... all ready picked up some cutie little gifts for them, and am thinking about possibly a scavenger hunt. Could use some help with some fun ideas.

Also, I am scared some of them may get lost in the shuffle of things. Since Sue is my "seasoned" conference goer... I am counting on getting some great tips from her as to what she loved and hated about how things went last year.

What are some MUST DO suggestions... I know there was mass confusion last year with who is meeting where, where are we sitting for general session, etc and so on.... Any tips there? Thinking about doing up a "who's who and who's where" tip sheet. At least then we can all meet up together without having to play cell phone tag and what not.

My upper level Director's group always tries to sit in the same general area for General Sessions. Then we know that, even if we get separated, we can go down that aisle and look for the group. Having some cute little thing to wave helps us spot each other as well.

I'd also definitely tell newbies not to overpack and not to overbuy from the vendor (*sigh*, just Merrill this year), because you'll have to haul that stuff around McCormick center (unless you also purchase a surprise box and ship it home in that).

Let them know that it's supposed to be fun. My first year, we had a challenge from my Exec - get tips from people and introduce ourselves. Then she gave a prize to the person who had met the most people.

The little gifts from my upline that I have enjoyed the most at conference (and Leadership) are the things that I could use there: mints and gum, a nail file, water bottle, individual drink mix packets (like Crystal Light or Country Time tubes that you pour into a 20 oz. bottle of water), silly pen, notebook, granola/snack bars, dried fruit packets, etc.

chefann said:
The little gifts from my upline that I have enjoyed the most at conference (and Leadership) are the things that I could use there: mints and gum, a nail file, water bottle, individual drink mix packets (like Crystal Light or Country Time tubes that you pour into a 20 oz. bottle of water), silly pen, notebook, granola/snack bars, dried fruit packets, etc.

The directors in my cluster chip in and make gift bags for all consultants that attend conference. In addition to the items listed above, here are some ideas: mini pad/pantiliner :) , bandaid, chapstick. Last year one of our directors (Chefgirl2:) ) purchased a bunch of stuff from a company-employee store....we got Intuition razors with refills (!!), a mirror with suction cups on back, oops I forget the rest but ALOT better stuff than usual :)

The year we had the Hawaii trip, we gave lei bracelets, sparkly suntan lotion packets, etc. Stuck with a theme...purchased through Oriental Trading Company.

My biggest suggestion is to try to match up/pair up the newbies with each other. You will stress yourself out trying to make sure everyone is happy. Selecting a section of general session to meet up, giving "how to have a great time" tips, are great ideas but don't make yourself responsible for every consultant. They are all adults...they are business owners :) Give them some information but don't stress yourself out.

1. How can I ensure that all members of my team have a productive conference experience?

To maximize your team's conference experience, it is important to have a plan in place before the event. This can include setting specific goals for each team member, scheduling meetings or workshops that are relevant to their roles, and encouraging them to attend sessions that align with their interests. It is also helpful to have regular check-ins during the conference to discuss what each team member has learned and how they can apply it to their work.

2. Is it necessary for all team members to attend the same sessions and workshops?

No, it is not necessary for all team members to attend the same sessions and workshops. In fact, it can be beneficial for team members to attend different sessions and then share their learnings with each other. This allows for a broader range of knowledge to be gained and for team members to learn from each other's perspectives.

3. How can we effectively divide and conquer as a team during the conference?

To effectively divide and conquer, it is important to have open communication and delegate responsibilities based on each team member's strengths and interests. Create a schedule or plan ahead of time to ensure that all sessions and workshops are covered. It can also be helpful to have designated meeting times throughout the conference to discuss what each team member has learned and how it can be applied to the team's overall goals.

4. Are there any networking opportunities at the conference for team members?

Yes, most conferences have designated networking events and opportunities for attendees to connect with other professionals in their industry. Encourage your team members to attend these events and make connections that can benefit the team in the future. You can also arrange for your team to attend these events together to further strengthen team bonds.

5. How can we make the most out of our team's conference experience?

To make the most out of your team's conference experience, it is important to have a clear understanding of your team's goals and objectives for attending the conference. Encourage your team members to actively participate in sessions, workshops, and networking events. Take notes and ask questions during sessions to ensure that your team is fully engaged and learning as much as possible. After the conference, have a debriefing session to discuss key takeaways and how they can be applied to your team's work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
cookie325
Replies
Views
leshelman