• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First-Timer's Guide to Conference: Location, Schedule & Tips!

In summary, conference is at McCormick Place in Chicago and there are busses from the hotels to take you there. The general sessions and classes are scheduled at certain times and you will receive an agenda on the first morning. You will also get tickets for meals and classes. The Executive Banquet is held at a conference hotel and if you are staying at one of the designated hotels, the buses will pick you up and drop you off there. However, if you are staying at another hotel, it is your responsibility to get to the convention center or a conference hotel to catch the bus. Every Executive Director will have a banquet and you should receive an invitation after registering or when you check in at the conference. The banquet usually takes place on the
have2cook
:) I am so excited about going to conference but I have a ton of questions!

WHERE exactly is conference? Is it in one of the hotels? Is it at PC HQ? :confused:

WHEN are the general sessions that I am hearing about? I hope they are scheduled around the classes that I just scheduled for.:confused:

HOW do I know where everything is?:confused: I guess you get some sort of agenda eventually.

I think this will be a great spot for those of us who are new to the experience to ask those :eek: silly questions!

Conference is at McCormick Center a big convention center. There are busses at the Hotels to take you to the Center. General session is at a certain time as well as the classes. You will get an agenda the first morning. You willget tickets for your classes as well as meals. It is well organized and you will love it. There is alot of walking at the Convention Center, but you have plenty of time between events.

Nothing overlaps so you won't miss anything unless you personally decide not to attend something. The agenda will be listed online soon and you'll get a copy of your conference registration confirmation in the mail along with a brochure detailing everything.Just as Stacie mentioned, the workshops and general sessions, along with the meals, career club lunch, new directors breakfast, etc are all held at McCormick Place McCormick Place - ChicagoThe Executive Banquet that your Executive Director holds will be at a conference hotel. If you are staying at a conference hotel (Chicago Hilton, Palmer House or Sheraton) the buses that shuttle everyone to and from the convention center pick up and drop off there at each hotel. If you decide to stay at another hotel, it will be your responsibility to get to the convention center on your own or to a conference hotel to catch the bus.

If you are not going with any of your cluster it is pretty easy to figure it all out. Just follow the other PC consultants.

My first year I was on my own and at the airport was not sure how to get to my hotel.... I just made my way to ground transport and another cons asked me if I wanted to share a ride... we all stick together!

finley1991 said:
The Executive Banquet that your Executive Director holds will be at a conference hotel. If you are staying at a conference hotel (Chicago Hilton, Palmer House or Sheraton) the buses that shuttle everyone to and from the convention center pick up and drop off there at each hotel. If you decide to stay at another hotel, it will be your responsibility to get to the convention center on your own or to a conference hotel to catch the bus.

Does every Ex. Director have a banquet?

jrny2001 said:
Does every Ex. Director have a banquet?

Yes. They are given a certain amount of money to hold a banquet and give prizes to top performers. I love going to mine - a good meal, a reason to get "dressed up" and you hear great success stories from the top performers in your EDs downline. It really motivates you to be one of the ones she (or he!) will recognize next year!

cathyskitchen said:
Yes. They are given a certain amount of money to hold a banquet and give prizes to top performers. I love going to mine - a good meal, a reason to get "dressed up" and you hear great success stories from the top performers in your EDs downline. It really motivates you to be one of the ones she (or he!) will recognize next year!

Oh, will I get a invatation or something? Sounds like fun. When does this take place?

ooooh, thanks for starting this thread! I'm a first timer too so I need all the information I can get on these banquets! Keep the info coming!!

jrny2001 said:
Oh, will I get a invatation or something? Sounds like fun. When does this take place?

You should get an invitation from your ED after you register, at the very least you will get your information on where your banquet is when you check in at NC on Day 1. Banquet is usually the 2nd night of conference.

Your business will soar after conference. Great decision! My first time, I flew on a plane with no one I knew,a for the first time in my life. I came into a different airport than my director. There were so many PC consultants there. It was like we were friends for life. People take you under their wings. Conference is so organized. You will love it! Can't wait!

jrny2001 said:

We normally DON'T get an invitation from our ED... it's not her thing. Some might do that though... it will be on your agenda when you check in and tell you which hotel your banquet is being held at.

Are there any get-togethers for cheffers to meet each other at conference? How do you recognize each other???It's going to be my first time, too, and I am already bursting with the excitement!

There is usually a Meet and Greet for Cheffers, and you can get a Chef Success Button at Ann's webstore. There is a thread somewhere about the buttons!

About the Banquets - every Executive Director Banquet is different. Some have a "theme" and you are supposed to come dressed for the theme. Others have dancing, and some are very dressy, while others are more casual. You will get information about your specific banquet from your ED.

thanks for this thread - I'm excited to be going!

redsoxgirl said:
thanks for this thread - I'm excited to be going!

Oh, yeah, what you said!! Me too!! I need a smiley doing the happy dance...

I am so excited to be going and to meet some fellow cheffers. :chef:

StacieB said:
There is usually a Meet and Greet for Cheffers, and you can get a Chef Success Button at Ann's webstore. There is a thread somewhere about the buttons!

OK, so I just checked into the buttons, and shipping is $7!! (Seems a bit much for a $1.85 button, especially when it can ship to Canada for $3 or Internationally for $4 - am I missing something?) So Ann, will you have some buttons to sell at Conference?!?!?!?

Another question about the banquets. What if you are in HO direct???

I think I am going to get to go this year!

krzymomof4 said:
Another question about the banquets. What if you are in HO direct???

I think I am going to get to go this year!

HO does a banquet for the HO Direct people, I believe...

Okay I just emailed my Director and F director (the person who recruited me) my FD is from North Carolina and her director is in DE (where I am) so i talk to her often. I found out who my Executive Director is but no info about a dinner. I am just nervous that it will be a fancy dinner and I won't pack something fancy b/c I wasn't sure if I would use it or not. My FD and D haven't heard anything about the dinner at this point so we don't know when where or what! I am such a planner and I know I have 3 months! Hopefully we find out before we get to chicago. I would hate it to be something fancy and find out when I'm halfway across the country....just nervous and excited and what to do what i'm supposed to lol

Thanks for all the great info! It's my first time too. I'm so excited!

1. Where is the conference typically held?

The conference is typically held at the Pampered Chef headquarters in Addison, Illinois.

2. What is the schedule for the conference?

The schedule for the conference varies each year, but typically includes keynote speakers, training sessions, and networking opportunities. You will receive a detailed schedule upon registration.

3. How can I register for the conference?

You can register for the conference through the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your local sales consultant for assistance.

4. Can I bring a guest to the conference?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest to the conference. However, they must also be registered and pay the registration fee.

5. What should I bring with me to the conference?

We recommend bringing a notebook, pen, and any necessary devices for taking notes during training sessions. You may also want to bring business cards for networking opportunities. Dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking and standing. And don't forget to bring your enthusiasm and positive attitude!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcntrycookin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
pamperedalf