• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Clarifying Conference Details: Dress Code and Dinner Invitations

In summary, the dress code is business casual, and there is only one dinner that you do not need to pay for, the directors banquet. The dinner starts at 7pm and runs till 10:30pm. You are allowed to wear khakis and a polo, but
Michael Serrano
Silver Member
Hi All!

It's been a very long while since I've posted a message on here and I hope everyone is doing well. I'm heading out to Conference tomorrow morning and just received and email from my director with a 17 page guide to getting the most from conference. This guide mentions a few things I'm confused about and maybe you guys here can clear this up for me.

1) How strict is dress code?? This agenda "Thingy" says: Business Casual, No jeans or Shorts. Now I understand where they are coming from with this, but I was totally looking forward to getting out of my work clothes for a few days. I haven't been on vacation (or away for fun) in a very long time and I'm all packed with jeans and shorts except for dress pants for the awards ceremony and the Executive Director Banquet.

2) Speaking of the Executive Directors Banquet... is EVERYONE invited to this? The agenda FAQ says YES. If so, is this the only dinner that PC covers with registration or is there a Dinner as well on the evening of Opening General Session and Awards night? This starts at 7pm and runs till 10:30pm thats about dinner time for me :)

Thanks guys!

You should wear business casual pretty much most of the time. You only need to dress up for the awards ceremony if you are TPC earner, otherwise, you are just sitting in the auditorium.

The directors banquet is for everyone. and it is the only dinner you dont need to pay for, your exec's cover it.

Eat dinner before the awards ceremony, anywhere around the hotel!

We are having an awesome time here, have fun when you get here!!

As far as the dress code...they don't walk around enforcing it (though I've seen a few outfits I wish they would have :) ) For guys, you can wear khakis and a polo...still be comfortable but not too dressy. You will see some jeans but NO shorts. While I know that you are looking forward to having time away from your "day" job, remember that this is a professional conference. Sorry :(

Can you share the guide your director gave you? This will be my first conference also.

Hi!
I leave tomorrow too!
We're flying out of BWI (Baltimore)
This will be my second N. Conf. I agree w/ the earlier post that khaki's and a polo will be perfect for you! You have to remember it is a biz conference. You don't want to show up in flip flops and shorts. I'm struggling this Conf. as I'm a last minute bad packer... and I'm actually going to be walking the stage as a new director (this is a packing challenge) LOL! Maybe we'll meet~ Enjoy Conference!

LAURIE PAGANELLI

What to wear???Yeah, definately no jeans or shorts. I wore polos and cargo pants and basic casual kahkis. I wore a button down black shirt under which was a red tee. I DO NOT WEAR TIES EVER! and black slacks to the exec dinner. I wore what I wear to work. Whether it is in the office I work in full time or to my shows.
Eating is simple. Thursday is an eat out day all the way around from breakfast to dinner. Friday will be a continental breakfast at McCormack Place, Light lunch and then the Executive Dinners at one of the hotels.
I think most of those are at the Hilton on Michigan Ave.
Saturday will be continental breakfast only. Remember this. It is concidered business. How you dress reflects to others who you are. Let them know, you mean business.

I will be leaving on Thurs. as well!! Can't wait...this is my 8th conference!!! Wouldn't miss a one!!!! You will see all kinds of dress there!!! Some people travel in on the first day and don't have time to really change so they are more "casual" than usual...then on the last day, you'll see some very "casual" as well, as they are flying or driving out that day right at the end of conference. I have found that the first nite (opening session) I like to dress pretty confortable as you'll be sitting a while in the audience. Unless, of course you are being recognized. At our exec. banquet (home office direct) people have gotten more casual over the years...many like to go to Navy pier when it is over and on Friday it is open til midnite...you can walk there...but be comfortable...
Have a great time and maybe some of us will meet up!!!!
karlene reaser Elyria, Ohio

I just got back from wave 1. Truly casual dress, but NO JEANS! Capris, skirts and khakis for women, casual pants and polos for men.

You will meet a whole lot of upper levels there, so be conscious of the impression you give!

Had an AWESOME time! I am a first timer! LOVED IT!:D

I just got back from wave 1. Truly casual dress, but NO JEANS! Capris, skirts and khakis for women, casual pants and polos for men.

You will meet a whole lot of upper levels there, so be conscious of the impression you give!

I totally agree. Could you believe the number of people you saw walking around looking like TOTAL slobs? I saw one girl in sloppy jeans and a spaghetti tank with half her chest hanging out. :eek:

Comfy shoes are what I recommend most. It got hot in the classrooms and hot in the theatre. I was so glad I had skirts and capris. They were perfect.

Two questions: Give us an idea of what items you saw or bought in the various priced Mystery Boxes. Are they discontinued items? or Current Products? Do you think they are worth the gamble?

What are the Shopping Spree Rules for the HO Tour folks? Can we have
more than one of each item? How much time to select? Does it all have
to fit into a certain size shopping cart? I want to start making my list.

OK I dont guess it spoils anything to reveal what I saw in the mystery boxes. Yes all the stuff is discontinued stuff and in riding home from the airport, my director had a valid point. She doesnt waste her money on stuff like that because how is discontinued stuff gonna help our business and sell new stuff? I see her point, BUT, I am going to use alot of what I got as prizes. I think guests are happy with anything!!! That being said, the boxes were $15, $20 and $40. I got a $20 box and just one. I honestly dont remember all the contents upon opening it because I traded so much so fast but there was:
Lemon-Aid - a thingy to keep a lemon in the fridge and squeeze out juice....
Stoneware Crock - in nearly every box - I traded it
Blue Glazed Stoneware Crock - I traded it
Bread Tubes - star, flower, heart, square - in nearly every box
Patriotic & the fall striped table linens - all this was cool I thought
Patriotic Apron - I was glad to get this
bamboo spoons - good
2001 and 2002 SB's - I ended up with 3 packs and will use at fairs
Blue QSP
Blue goblets to match - I traded both of these
Stoneware trivet - I love this
Rectangular baker insulated tote - the old one that is navy blue - I love this too
Stoneware racks - the ones from last year. I really wanted one of those and still cant believe they retired those.

This is mostly the stuff I saw. My niece (and recruit) got a "Cookies" cookbook and the retired Stoneware Sensations Cookbook. She teaches preschool and I gave her my bread tubes.

Clothing QuestionSo, do I need to bring a sweater? I am planning on short sleeves or dressy sleeveless and am wondering if I will need to bring a sweater of some sort.

Rachel

You can bring one - but all of us did and none of us wore one! And it was in the 70's-80's when we were there. Supposed to be in the 90's now!

Let me tell y'all. It is SO blasted hot in Chicago this weekend. The humidity is dreadful. And I had to help my sister move today!

Don't bother with the sweaters. Between this weather and the lack of AC in the workshop rooms, you won't need it.

wow...the two years I have been to conference, the workshop rooms were so cold you could make ice. What happened to the AC?

The workshops are in a different part of the building this year.

As far as the sweaters - I was fine with the classrooms - but was freezing at the executive dinner - as was everyone else at our table. So if you get cold in general - at least bring it there! Have fun - conference is a blast!

Gina Miller

Dressing for Conference!I just came back yesterday. First and most important make sure you wear very comfortable shoes or bring sneakers for walking to the workshops which are on the other side of the building. Second, as for dressing, it was very casual which I was suprised about. The ladies wore shorts, capris, skirts, pants, nothing really dressy. You really dont need to get "dressed up" because your either walking or sitting. Just dress if your getting an award or for the Exec. banquet. Even some ladies who received TPC awards were wearing anything from pant suits, long dresses, sun dresses and even just capris. Everyone is so different, what is dressy for some may not be for others. But I cant stress enough about wearing comfortable shoes!!!!!

Enjoy yourself!

DebbieJ said:
Let me tell y'all. It is SO blasted hot in Chicago this weekend. The humidity is dreadful. And I had to help my sister move today!

Don't bother with the sweaters. Between this weather and the lack of AC in the workshop rooms, you won't need it.

I am SO glad to hear I wasn't the only one that was hot. I am now in my 40's :eek: and afraid that I was beginning to experience hot flashes!!! :D :D I have been to 15 conferences (national and leadership) and have always froze!! I wore my sweater only once for about an hour in general session.

What is the dress code for the conference?

The dress code for the conference is business casual. This means that attendees should dress professionally, but do not need to wear formal attire such as suits or dresses. Clothing should be neat, clean, and appropriate for a professional setting.

Can I bring a guest to the dinner invitation?

Unfortunately, the dinner invitation is only for conference attendees. Guests are not allowed to attend the dinner. However, if you would like to bring a guest to the conference, please contact the event organizer for more information and to purchase an additional ticket.

Will there be vegetarian options available at the dinner?

Yes, there will be vegetarian options available at the dinner. Please indicate any dietary restrictions or preferences when you RSVP for the conference and dinner. We will do our best to accommodate all dietary needs.

Is there a specific time for the dinner invitation?

The dinner invitation will begin at 6:00 PM on the evening of the conference. Please arrive promptly to ensure that you have enough time to network and enjoy the dinner before the evening's events begin.

Do I need to RSVP for the dinner invitation?

Yes, we ask that all attendees RSVP for the dinner invitation by the specified deadline. This allows us to have an accurate headcount for the dinner. If you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, please indicate them in your RSVP.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Michael Serrano
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • Michael Serrano