• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Conference Call Today?

In summary, the conversation revolved around an upcoming conference call for high sellers to discuss the new Career Plan and Elite Seller program. Some expressed disappointment and confusion about the new plan, but others found it to be helpful and motivating. There was also discussion about the pay structure and concerns about not receiving payment as a director even without meeting the new requirements. Overall, the call was seen as a positive way to support and motivate sellers.
chefkathy
I got this invite--was anyone on the call? I missed it and I'm wondering if it is worth listening to.

Dear Director,

At National Conference, CEO Marla Gottschalk talked about the impact of our new Career Plan. She shared the news that more than 5,000 Senior Consultants have earned their first overrides. She also addressed that some people are still trying to find their way in the new plan.

I'm writing to you today because we care about your success. You are valued member of The Pampered Chef family. At the same time, you've had two or three months in which your Personal Cluster hasn't met the new requirements. I understand that's disappointing.

We want to be sure you understand how the Elite Seller program can work for you - because it was designed expressly for strong sellers like you. We also want to hear your input and give you an opportunity to share with your peers across the country.

Please join other high sellers on a live conference call Wednesday, Aug. 5. from 10–11 a.m. CT. Dial-in to the live call at 866-259-1024. If you can’t participate, you may listen to a recording of the call by dialing 866-837-8032, access code 841258.

Thank you for making such a positive difference through your business.

I hope you can join us on Aug. 5.

Sincerely,
Jean Jonas
Senior Vice President, Sales

Hi Deb!

I was on the call. There were some good things that were on there. It;s not a waste of time to listen to. I took a page of notes but am still processng some of the things they said and am not quite sure what to think of them.
For the most part, it was a big cheerleading team gathered around a table at HO cheering us on to keep selling, only sell more to achieve the Elite Seller so we won't whine about losing our Directorship. Do you want to know more??

Wow........I'm speechless (that's saying a lot for me, wouldn't you all agree??)

Well, Elite Seller status won't be happening for me right now, so I won't waste my time listening. Thanks for the info!

I couldn't listen yesterday. I'll listen in later this morning and tell ya'll what I think about it.

chefruthie said:
Hi Deb!

I was on the call. There were some good things that were on there. It;s not a waste of time to listen to. I took a page of notes but am still processng some of the things they said and am not quite sure what to think of them.
For the most part, it was a big cheerleading team gathered around a table at HO cheering us on to keep selling, only sell more to achieve the Elite Seller so we won't whine about losing our Directorship. Do you want to know more??

I was on the call too. Nothing new was said. Basically, if you can't get the team together sell, sell, sell and you can still be a director. They think this plan is awesome and we need to embrace it. Oh, they did say get people because those that we already have won't change. Very helpful call - not!

I didn't get the e-mail... wonder why? I'm no where near being an elite seller monthly... hmmmm... maybe that's why...

finley1991 said:
I didn't get the e-mail... wonder why? I'm no where near being an elite seller monthly... hmmmm... maybe that's why...

I'm nowhere near elite seller either. Sounded like (from what they said on the call) that they sent it to directors and newly demoted to team leader who had 2 or more months where their team didn't make it because of the new rules.

One other thing they said that upset me was that the "we'll pay you at the higher of the old or new program" was only for April, May & June so even though a director kept her title through July she didn't get paid the difference for July if she didn't make the requirements in the new program. Fortunately for me I did make the requirements in July but had I not I would have expected to get that extra added that last month.

Personally, I am upset that we don't get paid as director when we have the title. This paid for performance thing sucks - especially when we still have to "perform" for our teams even without the pay.

...sorry, I know we already went over that.

Hmm...I didn't get an e-mail either, but have been lucky enough to be a Director with 2 SC since the program started. If they do these every month, maybe I'll get one next month :eek:

jwpamp said:
Wow........I'm speechless (that's saying a lot for me, wouldn't you all agree??)

HA! That IS saying alot for you ;)!! OT I will call you tomorrow to get a date on our calendars for breakfast at Suzy's (yum!).

Now back on topic...the big thing I am still having trouble digesting is when they said they have been asked by many just who is responsible for holding meetings and recognition when a Director goes down to Team Leader. Their reply was priceless! There is no written description of exactly WHO is responsible but they would think TL would just continue on since they are still LEADERS after all. The title even implies that...Team Leader :yuck:. They are very disappointed that they are hearing people speaking negatively about being "just a Team Leader", we are to proud of that title, after all it is more than what a Future Director was. We get Home Office leads, FD didn't, of course you MUST meet all the requirements in order to get those leads.

I'm not a negative person and am all for positive, healthy change, but I am really having a hard time "embracing" this change. They said that PC needed to "contemporize" their career plan, that is why they did this.

Oh and I did appreciate how they ALL thanked the ones on the call for their jobs. They said that it was because of the people with high sales that they even had their jobs at Home Office and they REALLY appreciated us because without sales, let's face it, we'd be unemployed :grumpy:

Umm...you think!

jwpamp said:
Hmm...I didn't get an e-mail either, but have been lucky enough to be a Director with 2 SC since the program started. If they do these every month, maybe I'll get one next month :eek:

That must be why... I hit D in May. I'm not sure I will hit it this month though with all that is going on.

With that, I am intrigued by the *who does the meetings* concept. Wonder if that is part of the thinking behind the new Step Up Your Biz program. We just facilitate.

Personally, I'm super excited about the program and am REALLY hoping I have some that want to embrace it!!!!

My challenge now is with my recognition program. I did cluster bucks but don't want to continue without my production bonus, as that is what I used to fund the cluster bucks program.

Any ideas to share on something I could do alternatively for recognition?

finley1991 said:
That must be why... I hit D in May. I'm not sure I will hit it this month though with all that is going on.

With that, I am intrigued by the *who does the meetings* concept. Wonder if that is part of the thinking behind the new Step Up Your Biz program. We just facilitate.

Personally, I'm super excited about the program and am REALLY hoping I have some that want to embrace it!!!!

My challenge now is with my recognition program. I did cluster bucks but don't want to continue without my production bonus, as that is what I used to fund the cluster bucks program.

Any ideas to share on something I could do alternatively for recognition?

My "cluster bucks" are being redeemed for extra products and supplies I have on hand. I do not plan to spend any money that I haven't already spent on incentives until I have cleared my closet, have built up some production bonus money or have a much deeper/wider team.

I see the good and the bad in the new program. I am an AD (promoted in July). I have 34 new people on my team since March 31, 40 total in my org. I struggle every month too. it seems to me the new program is built to have super sized teams. You need a LOT of people because only 20% are going to perform EVERY month. I have 16 direct lines, 6 SC or TL lines. I had 8 lines active last month and NO SC or TL lines... thank goodness for my newly promoted Director. She kept me at AD level with her work.

Having 2 SC lines is not going to do it, I want everyone to be a SC to cushion it for me every month.

pcjenni said:
I see the good and the bad in the new program. I am an AD (promoted in July). I have 34 new people on my team since March 31, 40 total in my org. I struggle every month too. it seems to me the new program is built to have super sized teams. You need a LOT of people because only 20% are going to perform EVERY month. I have 16 direct lines, 6 SC or TL lines. I had 8 lines active last month and NO SC or TL lines... thank goodness for my newly promoted Director. She kept me at AD level with her work.

Having 2 SC lines is not going to do it, I want everyone to be a SC to cushion it for me every month.

WOW, Jen --THAT is INCREDIBLE!!! Yeah for you!! 34 New Team Members since the end of March is UNBELIEVABLE!!! I am in Awe...

I bow to you! :bugeye:

thanks! trying for Excellence in recruiting and developing leaders... oh yeah and promote to SD by conference next year. Just a few small goals!

Glad I didn't stay home so I could be on that call. Thanks for sharing everyone!

I guess I was on a different call than some of you. I found most of the suggestions from Judy Joel and Doreen Grass very useful. I have a page full of notes I am planning on implementing. If you haven't listened to the call I would recommend it. There were two different calls, one focusing on direct and indirect recruiting (with some mention of the elite seller) and then a separate call for those who are aiming for the elite seller status (I'm not near that so I haven't listened to that one).

pcjenn said:
I guess I was on a different call than some of you. I found most of the suggestions from Judy Joel and Doreen Grass very useful. I have a page full of notes I am planning on implementing. If you haven't listened to the call I would recommend it. There were two different calls, one focusing on direct and indirect recruiting (with some mention of the elite seller) and then a separate call for those who are aiming for the elite seller status (I'm not near that so I haven't listened to that one).

Do you have the call in number for your call's recording?

Here are the numbers for the 2 different calls. I haven't listened to the Elite Seller call yet, but the second call was fabulous.

1. The first call focused on the Elite Seller requirements/benefits and
the how to's of reaching that position.
The recorded number is 866-837-8032, access code 841258.
2. The second call focused on recruiting and indirect recruiting.
The recorded number is 866-837-8032, access code 1384475.

1. What is the purpose of the Director Conference Call today?

The Director Conference Call is a monthly call for all directors at Pampered Chef to discuss updates, share best practices, and address any questions or concerns.

2. When is the Director Conference Call scheduled for?

The Director Conference Call is typically scheduled for the first Monday of every month at 3:00 PM CST.

3. How can I access the Director Conference Call?

The call can be accessed by dialing the designated phone number and entering the conference code provided in the email invitation. You can also join the call through the Zoom link provided in the same email.

4. Can I listen to the Director Conference Call recording if I am unable to attend?

Yes, a recording of the call will be available for all directors to listen to at their convenience. The recording will be shared via email after the call.

5. Will there be time for Q&A during the Director Conference Call?

Yes, there will be a designated time for Q&A at the end of the call. Directors are also welcome to submit their questions beforehand through the designated email address provided in the invitation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • Koolotus
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Koolotus
Replies