• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Team Shirts with Powerful Quotes: Get Inspired for National Conference

In summary, Ann E. wanted a tee shirt with a short and to the point message, and Cindy recommended Believe in the Dream. Vince Lombardi's Green Bay Packers were known for their success in the game of football, and Buzz Sullivan's advice on how to be a champion is important for any goal-oriented individual. There are many great ideas for team t-shirts on this thread, and Beth's Best is a good name for the newsletter that will be sent out to all the Jensen clusters.
pamperedposey
Silver Member
Last year we made T-Shirts for our team for National Conference (before I was Director) and our team quote was "Never Surrender Dreams". I love that, but it is from my Senior Director and I wanted something just for my team this year (and probably the 2 teams that we share meetings with). My husband does silk screening, so we can get it done pretty cheap. I was hoping to hear all of your wonderful ideas.

Ann E is the one who got me thinking about this again from the other thread...
baychef said:
A man was wearing a tee-shirt that said.... Decide, Commit, Succeed.

I want something short and to the point like that.

Dreaming is Believing!

I like what Ann said, too...that's a very good one!

Those are good. I'll take a list to my team meeting tomorrow and let them vote. Keep 'em coming! :D

Inches make champions. —Vince Lombardi

Under Vincent Thomas Lombardi's direction, the Green Bay Packers collected six division titles, five NFL championships, two Super Bowls, and record of 98-30-4. Lombardi knew a lot about winning. If football is a game of inches, so is career success. In the competitive world, you seldom win by a landslide.

Buzz Sullivan, my high school diving coach, told me, "A champion is someone who goes so far they can't go another inch—and then they go that inch." I wondered why that was important. Now I know. Winning in business or in personal life is all about inches: going small distances successfully, then going farther still.

Dream It
Believe It
Live It

I'm interested, too!!!Also, I want to name my team...not just the Jensen Cluster...here's a few ideas:
Dream Team
Superstars
Dream AchieversWhat else?

Jensen Jammers?

Hmm, and while we're on the topic, and I am looking for the practice...

If anyone wants me to give a shot at designing a logo for a team shirt for NC, let me know. I'm working on refining my graphic design skills.

Cindy (Posey):

poseyspossecopy.jpg
[/IMG]

And another one...

pamperedposeyscopy.jpg

You are awesome! You design 'em, I'll print 'em. LOL :D

How about something simple: DREAM BIG!!

Ok, my meeting is tonight. I want to have lots of choices for them to vote on. Show me what you've got!

WOW! Those ideas for Cindy are great!

I changed my newsletter name to "Beth's Best" - still not sure that's what I want but it works for now. We, too are doing t-shirts.

Any ideas??

Here's a start:

Beth's Best
Believe in the Dream

Be who you dream to be

???

:( Boy you guys are lucky - we don't do any of that stuff -:(

I like Believe in the Dream!

ETA: I promise not to take it. :)

PamperedDor said:
:( Boy you guys are lucky - we don't do any of that stuff -:(
My director does not do this - it's something I thougth I'd do this year for my team attending conference. I am hoping that when others see it, it will give them another reason to go.

Ask your director what she/he thinks about this idea. Maybe she'll take the hint.

Cindy: You are free to use that if you want! It wouldn't matter if we had the same thing on our shirts - just tell me your color and I'll be different. I'm still not absolutely using it anyway...

Last edited:
It doesn't cost much to make shirts. You just have to make sure you leave off anything that would violate PC rules (logos and such). Check around you can get them made for under $10 for sure.

We did t-shirts last year for conference. They were alot of fun and it was really nice to be able to see one of your own cluster mates in the crowd (we went with lime green shirts). I think we'll do the same this year too.

We did hot pink boas last year -- fun, but messy - we shedded hot pink feathers EVERYWHERE. I think shirts are an awesome idea - once I get a firm headcount I may have to get some made up! Joy - how's your pricing on shirts?

I just wanted to practice making some stuff for my design portfolio so I didn't have any pricing in mind... though I could load the design onto CafePress and you could order individually. I don't know how to go about ordering in quantity for a cluster, but I suppose I could look into it. What did you have in mind?

Okay question for all- highjacking thread- what is the attire for conference? This is my first year going so i have no idea. Help! Do I need a dressy dress or is khakis and a polo good, etc?? I hope to walk but only on recruit #1! ha ha :)

THANKS

jbdowd0798 said:
Okay question for all- highjacking thread- what is the attire for conference? This is my first year going so i have no idea. Help! Do I need a dressy dress or is khakis and a polo good, etc?? I hope to walk but only on recruit #1! ha ha :)

THANKS
Conference itself is officially business casual, but there are a lot of people that wear things that were considered casual-casual at my last job. Generally, the higher level you are, the better you should dress. Many people wear nice capris and a little sweater. If you're walking, take something nicer for when you walk. And the banquet (evening of day 2) is sometimes dressy - check with your upline to see if they are doing a theme night.

I wear slacks and a nice shirt (knit, sweater, something that I could wear to a luncheon with ladies). I ALSO wear tennis shoes because I have weak ankles and these are the only shoes I can find with a roll bar that 1. keeps me from twisting my ankles, 2. keeps my hips aligned and 3. keeps my arches supported. For the Exec Banquet, I wear a dress (or skirt, NICE top combo) and *gasp* heels! Or course, I don't usually have to walk a long ways to get to the banquet.I would LOVE to have t-shirts available for my team, but I think it sends a different message than what I want to send....too casual for my tastes....what else is there that we could all wear and that I could put a tagline/logo/something for my team?

You could do collared polo shirts with a refined logo or tagline...?

The only other thing I can think of that everyone has/wears is a tote bag, but they usually give one to you, so you wouldn't have a need for that.

Ohhh....I like the polo shirts.....anyone know where to get them and how much they would cost?

You can get blanks, which are plain shirts, ready for embroidery or screen printing from a lot of places on the web. Google "embroidery blanks" for some. If you want a specific color, you're probably better off going to Kohl's or some other store and buying a bunch of shirts there.

cmdtrgd said:
I'm interested, too!!!

Also, I want to name my team...not just the Jensen Cluster...here's a few ideas:
Dream Team
Superstars
Dream Achievers

What else?

This one made me think of "Dream Believers!" It's not enough to conceive the dream, you need to beleive the dream and then make it happen!

My husband could probably print polo's for about $12.99 with print on one side or $14.99 with print on front and back. He can do T-shirts much cheaper than that.

The colors available for the polo's are white, red, navy, light blue, grey and black. I could probably find more colors. Those are just the ones I see right now. It would be a women's cut so it should fit better than a unisex polo.

Just let me know if you want his contact info.

chefann said:
You can get blanks, which are plain shirts, ready for embroidery or screen printing from a lot of places on the web. Google "embroidery blanks" for some. If you want a specific color, you're probably better off going to Kohl's or some other store and buying a bunch of shirts there.
Just to let you know sometimes it can be more expensive and a hassle to take "blank" items to a screen printer. Alot of them will not pay to replace the product if they mess up on them. Then you have to go out, buy another shirt and pay them to print again.

Do a search online for t-shirt printers, you can find some great ones that are local to you that have great prices. Or some that are not local that are just as good!

What is the background behind the idea of making team shirts with powerful quotes?

The idea of creating team shirts with powerful quotes originated from a previous experience at National Conference. The team quote "Never Surrender Dreams" was used, but this year, the individual would like something specific for her team.

What is the team quote for this year's National Conference?

The team quote for this year's National Conference is "Decide, Commit, Succeed". This quote was inspired by a man wearing a similar shirt and conveys the idea of taking action and being determined to achieve success.

Who is responsible for creating the team shirts?

The individual's husband, who specializes in silk screening, will be in charge of creating the team shirts. This will allow for a cost-effective and personalized option for the team.

How many teams will be receiving these shirts?

The team shirts will be made for the individual's team and two other teams that they share meetings with. This will bring a sense of unity and camaraderie among the different teams.

What are the criteria for choosing a powerful quote for the team shirts?

The individual is looking for a quote that is short, impactful, and to the point. It should encompass the team's values and goals, while also being inspiring and motivating for team members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales