• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Team T-Shirts: Help Me Choose Between Two Designs!

In summary, you are working on ideas for t-shirts for your team. The plan is that you will purchase the shirt for anyone who is going to conference with you but the others can purchase one too if they want. You have attached pics of the two versions you are trying to decide between. Please give you some feedback as to which looks better.

Which looks better

• Making Dreams Come True One Party at a Time

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Making dreams come true one party at a time

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I am working on ideas for t-shirts for my team. The plan is that I will purchase the shirt for anyone who is going to conference with me but the others can purchase one too if they want.

They will be baseball type raglan sleeve t-shirts (the sleeves will be cranberry and the front and back of the shirt white) and we will each have our name on the back and the number that corresponds with when they joined my team. I am number 1 since I am the first one on my team and the 10th person to join the team will be number 10. I decided to use first names.

I have attached pics of the two versions I am trying to decide between. Please give me some feedback as to which looks better. I am getting a sample shirt done TOMORROW so I need to decide by then. I may not have these same people make the shirts (I have two other contacts that I will be checking with for pricing) but this is a local place and they were willing to make a sample.

In case anyone can't open the pics here are the choices:

Making Dreams Come True
One Party at a Time

or

Making dreams come true
one party at a time

Attachments

• BethsChefs_v4.pdf
    21.4 KB · Views: 285
  • BethsChefs_v4a.pdf
    21.1 KB · Views: 302
What a great idea! I think I like the first one more but there isn't much of a difference.

I like version 4a better (of course that could be because I have been reading the grammar correctness thread today) - but I want to make sure I am not missing anything. The only difference is the capitalization of all first letters versus the capitalization of only the first word, correct?

The first one :)

jbachen said:
I like version 4a better (of course that could be because I have been reading the grammar correctness thread today) - but I want to make sure I am not missing anything. The only difference is the capitalization of all first letters versus the capitalization of only the first word, correct?
You are right, that's the only difference! Thanks. Tell me why you feel that the first one is correct? BTW: My son, and graphic designer, prefers the first one too unless I added a period at the end but I don't want to do that.

I like the first one more because it seems "bolder".

I'm the minority; I like the second one better. Not sure why, it just seems more personal to me.

I think grammatically you are only supposed to capitalize the first letter of each word in a title. Since yours is more of a slogan, it seems incorrect to me. I may be wrong, though, and I have to admit that my first instinct was to go with the majority of folks here and chose the first one.

So I guess I am not much help after all.:blushing:

I agree with your son (graphic artist here too!). Since it really isn't a sentance, it looks funky with lower case letters. You could always go all caps and not have to worry about it!

We did t-shirts last year and it was alot of fun. Wish we were doing them again this year but not alot of people are going to be going.

legacypc46 said:
I'm the minority; I like the second one better. Not sure why, it just seems more personal to me.
That's what I was thinking but when I look at them I like both versions. I know that the first version is the "correct" one (per the "expert") but...

I need more help please! Keep voting!

I like the first one. Since you're not doing punctuation and making it a true sentence, the second one looks unfinished will all lower case. It kind of looks like you just forgot to proof it. :D

I said the first one. The second looks unfinished to me too. The first one looks like a Title to me and more accurate since there is no punctuation.The second seems like it needs to be finished with something.

I'm jumping on the "use the caps" bandwagon for this one, too. :) But (if it were for my team), I'd change "Party" to "Show" since the official PC terminology is Show.

I also like the one with the caps. My son (who is not a graphic artist) jumped in with his opinion (as usual) and he also likes the caps.

chefann said:
I'm jumping on the "use the caps" bandwagon for this one, too. :) But (if it were for my team), I'd change "Party" to "Show" since the official PC terminology is Show.
Funny! I had "show" there first and changed it to "party" because party sounds like more fun and even though show is the terminology WE use not everyone would understand that as quickly as party.

I totally understand why, and given more thought, I might use Party, too. :)

I like party. I was taught to talk about "party" instead of show since it seems more fun and interesting rather than having to work!

The first one.

Of course, you could add an exclamation point to the end of the second one to and make it a sentence that way.

Overall I like the idea, and I like the one with caps.
Maybe I'm over paranoid, but I don't know if it's a good idea to be walking around Chicago with your name across your shirt.
Just throwing it out there. Like I said, I could just be paranoid.

pampermejolene said:
Maybe I'm over paranoid, but I don't know if it's a good idea to be walking around Chicago with your name across your shirt.
That is a good point. I doubt we'll wear them on a day that we're around town and the shirts will just have our first names on the back so I don't think it'll be an issue in this case.

Everyone needs to remember to take their PC name tags off while out and about.

pampermejolene said:

I don't think first names are an issue because many people have common names. Just remind them if someone walks up to them and says, "Hey Susan" don't be a blonde and fall for it...

(Used the stereotype because I used to be blonde as a child...I figure blondes can joke about blondes. :) )

janetupnorth said:
I don't think first names are an issue because many people have common names. Just remind them if someone walks up to them and says, "Hey Susan" don't be a blonde and fall for it...

(Used the stereotype because I used to be blonde as a child...I figure blondes can joke about blondes. :) )

I'm blonde and have a (somewhat) uncommon name. :p Good thing I won't have one of the shirts :) hehe

I like the 1st one! Great idea Beth!

Thanks everyone! I did go with the first one since it overwhelmingly won in the polls and both the graphic designer and the people who did the sample shirt said it would be easiest to read and would "pop" more.

Related to Creating Team T-Shirts: Help Me Choose Between Two Designs!

What are some popular t-shirt design ideas?

Some popular t-shirt design ideas include using catchy slogans or quotes, incorporating fun graphics or illustrations, creating a unique logo or branding, using bold and vibrant colors, and incorporating current trends or pop culture references.

How can I come up with my own t-shirt design?

To come up with your own t-shirt design, you can brainstorm ideas based on your personal interests, hobbies, or passions. You can also draw inspiration from current fashion trends, online design communities, or by experimenting with different styles and techniques.

What materials are best for t-shirt designs?

The best materials for t-shirt designs are typically 100% cotton or a cotton blend, as they are comfortable, breathable, and provide a smooth surface for printing. Other popular materials include tri-blend fabrics and performance fabrics for athletic or workout t-shirts.

Can I customize my t-shirt design with Pampered Chef logos or branding?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to the company's logo and branding guidelines. You can incorporate these elements into your t-shirt design to promote your business and showcase your affiliation with Pampered Chef.

How can I ensure the quality of my t-shirt design?

To ensure the quality of your t-shirt design, it is important to work with a reputable printing company that uses high-quality materials and techniques. You should also carefully review and approve a digital proof of your design before placing a bulk order to ensure accuracy and satisfaction with the final product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefshakeerah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshakeerah
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies