• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can prayer help heal a rift between teammates?

In summary, Diane's daughter is leaving school today with her basketball team to play in the state tournament. Kristina is the emotional leader of the team and is normally above reproach on moral issues. However, she said some hurtful things in a moment of anger at a boys game last night and her team is feeling attacked. Diane and her daughter are all in my prayers.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
This is not PC related but I would love some prayer cover. Our daughter Kristina will be leaving school today with her basketball team to play in the state tournament for our association. She is a senior and the emotional leader of the team.. she doesn't score the most points but she is energetic and a super encourager. She has two wonderful coaches, one of whom she is very close to. The boys team from our school played and lost last night. I got a call from the coach she is closest to this morning saying that another player on her team, a year younger, is all upset because at the boys game last night our daugher said that she hates her team. The team, with Kristina's leading, has been working very hard to glorify God to the utmost so I'm not surprised that the enemy would attack and try to splinter them at this point.. and teenage girls and their relationships can be tough. ANYWAY... my kids poop stinks and they are always assumed guilty until they can prove their innocence and Kristina does had Senioritis so I'm sure that in some context... she said these words and is guilty of it. There is ALOT of immaturity on the team and several VERY indulged young ladies who have not been livign very upstanding moral lives lately and Kristina is normally above reproach on these issues and I think she's just tired of their behavior. HOWEVER.. those feeling DO NOT excuse her saying ugly things and I am asking for all of you to pray that she is, if indeed she said these things in a hurtful and uncaring manner, which she probably did... I pray that she is overwhelmed with humilty and grief and can confront this head on and apologize, that God will heal this rift and make then even stronger in their glory to Him and that they can leave (6 hour trip in a van) with things ironed out.. or at least beginning to be better... they will each be given a letter from their parents during the trip and Kristina's from us tells her how proud we are of how God uses her to lead and encourage and I know the Holy Spirit will not let her spirit rest until this is cleared up. She's just not allowed to treat others with this kind of ugliness and satan needs to be defeated and MOST importantly.. GOD must be glorified!
If you have read this far.. .thank you and thanks for your prayers... I'm pleading with the Lord that this is a smaller thing than it feels like... I'm feeling in my spirit that it is something taken out of context and blown out of porportion but there are already hurt feelings so it must be dealt with and GOD has equipped her to lead... so lead she must!
THANKS! Whipser a prayer for me as well... I have 3 cooking shows and will close 2 catalog shows and 1 cooking show from last week all between this coming Sunday and Wed night... after we get back...after we WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diane VS

You, your daughter, and her team are all in my prayers.

You all, will be in my prayers today. Praise the Lord for your wonderful Christian witness, and your daughters, as well, to her peers. It is Ash Wednesday for me, and a great suggestion that our priest made this morning was to FAST - from criticizing others, from finding fault, from negative thinking, from discouraging words, (you get the idea). I have to remind myself, every day to stay positive, especially when my business is in a slump.
I'm also fighting the battle of the bulge, and will be having my annual physical in a few hours. I know this is a perfect day to start my program of being more action oriented, in doing something positive to improve my weight, in this next 40 days. Is there anyone else who wants to join me? I don't know how to begin a thread, but perhaps one of you who reads posts, regularly, can start one for us. Thanks, in advance.

I love seeing so many prayer requests, on here, and have included you all in my prayers, everytime I use a PC product!

Diane, you and your daughter will definitely be in my prayers. As will her entire team! Your testimony brought tears to my eyes. Any time I hear of children, especially teenagers, living thier lives giving God His glory, it makes me feel so hopeful! God's purpose may not be for them to win the GAME, but I bet the way He's using your daughter will win some much bigger battles.

Diane - I will be praying for your daughter and her team....and for you too! Teenage girls can be sooooo over the top - everything is life or death to them! But your daughter sounds very well grounded spiritually, and I'm sure that the Holy Spirit will be speaking to her heart about her actions and words.

And Grandmarita - I appreciated your words on fasting.....I have never participated in Lent before (wasn't raised in that religious tradition), but as I've grown older, (and hopefully wiser) I have begun to realize the importance and the value of the spiritual sacrifice that goes with it, and have made the decision to participate in Lent this year.....thanks again for your words that were an important encouragement and reminder to me as I begin!

I have said a prayer for the Holy Spirit to intervene and show everyone how to work this situation out for the Glory of God and to bring the team together. And a prayer for you and all of the parents.

A State Championship is very stressfull and causes many of us to say things we mean but they come out wrong and get twisted into something more than we really mean.

Good luck to the team!

You are in my prayers.

She should be meeting with her coach right now if it worked out the way he was praying it would. I cannot thank each of you enough for praying and encouraging as your are doing! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...just read this and your family is on my list. Relationships are fragile and I think it lasts with women LONG beyond the teenage years. I deal with those issues as work at least once a week! I much prefer to work with guys (no offense ladies - love you all!), they can fight then 2 minutes later be working with no lingering hurt feelings. We women are wired a little differently...which also gives us other benefits...

OK, off my soapbox now, back down to 5' 3 1/2" - praying for you!

Diane~

I just sent up some prayers for you, your daughter and her team. Sounds like you are raising a wonderful young lady! Even those of us who try to live godly lives make mistakes. Like you said, Satan is just waiting to stir things ups! You know what they say- Satan doesn't fight for you unless you are getting "too close" to God!

Grandmarita, I think God is using you to convict some of us here on this board to remember to sacrifice for Him. Our church doesn't participate in Lent and giving up anything, but I can tell you He is speaking to my heart right now. I will start a thread for all of us to post what we want to do to honor Him in the next 40 days! Thank you for your godly spirit here on CS!

Diene,

More prayers sent your way. Teenagers and girls especially can be so tough in their relationships and need all the prayer they can get! Let us know the outcome.

quiverfull7 said:
She should be meeting with her coach right now if it worked out the way he was praying it would. I cannot thank each of you enough for praying and encouraging as your are doing! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you found out how it went?

What time is the game?

They are travelling right now. They will arrive around 6 pm tonight and get settled, we will leave in the morning to join them. They need to get a good nights sleep and have time for devotions etc in the morning and then be ready to play at 4pm. My friend and prayer partner just spoke to Kristina (she's like Kristina's second mom and is the mom of her soulmate best friend) on her cell phone and she said she sounds great... she asked her to call her when she got settled in at Craigmont and touch base but Kristina would not be able to feign a happy heart to my friend and so that is an encouragement to me and I feel all your prayers are covering her in a mighty way... I'll be keeping you all posted as long as I can find Wi Fi spots to use my husbands computer! I'll update you tonight after we get a chance to chat with her. Once again... THANKS from the bottom of my mama bear heart!

Grandmarita said:
You all, will be in my prayers today. Praise the Lord for your wonderful Christian witness, and your daughters, as well, to her peers. It is Ash Wednesday for me, and a great suggestion that our priest made this morning was to FAST - from criticizing others, from finding fault, from negative thinking, from discouraging words, (you get the idea). I have to remind myself, every day to stay positive, especially when my business is in a slump.

My priest said that the best thing for you to do, is HELP OTHERS. Providing a positive environment for yourself and well as others is only going to make us HAPPY people! I told my abuela that I won't stop at 40 days... I will make it a lifetime.. :)

I will keep your family in my prayers, as well as all my friends on here! God bless all of you!

1. Can I submit a prayer request for someone else?

Yes, we encourage you to submit prayer requests for friends, family, or anyone in need. Prayer is a powerful way to support and uplift those around us.

2. How long will my prayer request be posted?

All prayer requests will be posted for 30 days. After that time, they will be removed to make room for new requests. If you would like to resubmit a prayer request, you are welcome to do so.

3. Are there any restrictions on the type of prayer requests that can be submitted?

No, we welcome all types of prayer requests. Our community is a supportive and non-judgmental space, and we believe in the power of prayer for all needs, big or small.

4. How can I let others know I am praying for them?

You can show your support and let others know you are praying for them by leaving a comment on their prayer request. This can be a simple message of encouragement or a heartfelt prayer.

5. Can I share my own personal prayer request?

Yes, absolutely. We encourage you to share your own personal prayer requests as well as pray for others. We believe in the power of community and supporting each other through prayer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Smashie