• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Merrill Vent: Issues with PC Gift Card Repayment from Conference

In summary, PC is telling their consultants that they need to pay back their gift cards for purchases that were made at the conference. This is causing a lot of frustration because many people think that they should not have to pay because they got the product from PC.
c00p
Gold Member
:mad: Ok, so today is like 4 months since we were at conference and I got an extremely unpleasant letter from Merrill about a purchase of mine that they are expecting me to repay NOW because my gift card I got from PC won't clear the charge. And get this, the gal told me on the phone that there are 1000's of consultants having this same issue because there was a problem at conference and their machines there didn't really "charge" our gift cards, it just verified that we had a balance. Is that my problem???? DON'T THINK SO! Everywhere else I used my card up there in Chicago and when I got back managed to run it through just fine. And 4 months later...this is ridiculous!!!! So, I've now got a call into PC to see what they are saying about it. Merrill told me that they are talking with PC so that this same problem doesn't happen this next year. I asked her what they were doing about the current problem from this year. She said nothing - they just want their money. I don't think I should have to pay, because in my eyes, I already did. It's not my fault that they didn't have the right equipment or whatever to take care of the transaction completely at conference!!!!! Sorry, but I'm a little ticked right now!!!!!!!!:grumpy:

But you didn't already pay.
You can't really blame them for wanting their $ -- wouldn't you want your $ if a PC customer paid you by check and you inadvertantly misplaced the check and then when you went to cash it it was no longer good??

dannyzmom said:
But you didn't already pay.
You can't really blame them for wanting their $ -- wouldn't you want your $ if a PC customer paid you by check and you inadvertantly misplaced the check and then when you went to cash it it was no longer good??

I agree. I know it is frustrating, but you got product from them, you should pay. I do believe for the sake of customer service they should offer something, like 10% off your next order or something.

There's another thread about this - you're definitely not the only one to whom this has happened. I sent a check when I got the letter - I got the product, I'm responsible for paying for it; with that said, I did send a note to both Merrill and HO telling them I thought it was poor business practice to wait so long to process a charge.

Last edited:
Andrea, I totally understand your frustration. There is no way that it should take 4 months to process a charge. Merrill is totally messed up. But, I do also agree that if they were, in fact, not paid (because of their problem), then you should pay them for what you got at conference. It just shouldn't have happened this way. It's not right...but it's what happened.

They have bigger issues..I just got a letter from them addressed to another consultant but with my address and a letter and invoice for all her charges. I wonder who got a letter about mine?

Boy, reading these threads about Merrill is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth!:yuck: I think too that you should pay for your order, but I think that waiting this long to run the charges is terrible service and I hope PC realizes that Merrill is a joke and that they made a huge mistake when they switched to them being our only vendor:yuck: :mad: :(
I hope these problems are fixed!:rolleyes:

I do not care for Merrill, but recently placed an order (needed biz cards) and was quite surprised and pleased at how fast it shipped. I ordered a top that came too small (no sizing chart) and when I called to exchange, I asked for a mailing label so I didn't have to pay for the return shipping due to their mistake and they said they would. I haven't received it yet (it's only been a few days) but I was pleased that I didn't have to fight with them for it.

So maybe they're trying to turn things around? I will say that from now on I'll only buy clothing items at conference, though. I need to try it on.

I know that in all actuality I didn't pay (due to their problem), but it SEEMS to me that I did. I will of course pay them, but since I've never been a real fan of Merrill, I will certainly not order from them in the future. Maybe I'll buy a shirt (WITH CASH) at conference, but probably nothing else. Oh well....thanks for listening!!!! :)

If you had a PC gift card that didn't work, PC should be reimbursing you. You may have bought something from Merrill that you normally wouldn't have because you got the gift card. Now, you are paying out of pocket??? Yes, I would like to see PC fix this problem for all the consultants who got gift cards that didn't work. You are out that money.

I think that what really happened is they spent the money on the gift card and then some. It wasn't that the money wasn't there, it was that the money wasn't removed from the gift card and they used the card until it was declined.

I re-read and I think you are right Keri-Lyn. It would have been nice if the bill never came but it has. I think they should offer a discount for the trouble the delay caused. Andrea, I think you should tell them about the inconvenience and what it would take to keep your business--ex. 10% off for the irritation of the matter.

Yes, the card was probably "authorized" at the time of the transaction, but instead of taking a normal 2-3 business days to process, it took 4 months. So, everyone didn't really pay and spent the money elsewhere.I agree with the majority, it is your responsibility to pay for what you got, but also Merrill's responsibility to straighten out this big mess. They could have offered a kind gesture like...due to our mistake, please take 10% off what you owe us...That would at least be better customer service.They also should follow up with everyone later with the steps they are taking to make sure this doesn't happen again...Ah, the joys and heartaches of technology...

DebbieJ said:
I do not care for Merrill, but recently placed an order (needed biz cards) and was quite surprised and pleased at how fast it shipped. I ordered a top that came too small (no sizing chart) and when I called to exchange, I asked for a mailing label so I didn't have to pay for the return shipping due to their mistake and they said they would. I haven't received it yet (it's only been a few days) but I was pleased that I didn't have to fight with them for it.

So maybe they're trying to turn things around? I will say that from now on I'll only buy clothing items at conference, though. I need to try it on.
Have you received that mailing label yet?
Has anyone done a return just because you don't like what you received or it didn't really fit right?
I purchased a microsued jacket and it is so not a medium even though it says it is a medium. I tried one on at conference and loved it, but didn't want to spend the money at the time. So I splurged a couple weeks ago and the jacket came lightning fast. I tried it on and it is sooo poorly made. It is way bigger than a medium should be. The sleeves are just huge around my wrist. Even with a sweater on, the jacket is too big. It is not worth the $60+ I paid for it. I'm wondering if I'll really have to pay a 15% stocking fee.
What has been your experiences?

I bought the same jacket, although they were out of my size at conference. It took them awhile to send it and when it came, it was not the size I had ordered, but they took it back and I did eventually get the product I ordered. I love the jacket and get compliments on it, however, I wore a new white shirt under it and the color of the jacket is now embedded in the white shirt. I can wear the shirt, but the under arms are a brownish color (would make one wonder!!) So yes, I agree that this item should have been lined. Other than that, I do like the jacket. Have been happy with my other shipments, but disappointed in this product.

Related to Merrill Vent: Issues with PC Gift Card Repayment from Conference

1. How do I use the Merrill Vent?

To use the Merrill Vent, simply place it on top of your pan or dish while cooking. The vent will release steam and prevent splattering, while still allowing air to circulate for even cooking.

2. Can I use the Merrill Vent in the oven?

Yes, the Merrill Vent is safe to use in the oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Just be sure to remove any plastic components before placing it in the oven.

3. How do I clean the Merrill Vent?

The Merrill Vent is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Be sure to dry thoroughly before storing.

4. What sizes does the Merrill Vent come in?

The Merrill Vent comes in one size that fits most pots and pans up to 12 inches in diameter.

5. Is the Merrill Vent made of BPA-free materials?

Yes, the Merrill Vent is made of BPA-free plastic for safe and healthy cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
finley1991
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • ElizabethPurvis
  • General Chat