• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soEveryone Complains About Merrill, but Me....

In summary, the customer was charged $52.60 more than she should have been, and was told she would see the credit in six weeks.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
UNTIL NOW!!!!

I viewed my order history and I saw I only order from Merrill once a year or so, so maybe that is why I don't complain. However...I recently ordered on the 18th, got some of my stuff today, but when I checked the amount charged, they charged me $168.69 when it should have only been $116.09. $52.60!!! So I called them. The girl said I would see the credit in the next 6 weeks!!! WHAT???? I can't believe this. Well I can b/c I have been reading about everyone else's problems, but I am just stunned. They make an error and it won't be fixed for 6 weeks? Seriously!! I do have the money in the account, Thank God, but still. That just isn't cool.

Okay, so now I have joined in the Merrill-haters club. I feel better now.

That is so not acceptable. I think I would have to call back again & tell them I need the credit today or you'll tell your bank it was an unauthorized charge amount.

kaseydee said:
That is so not acceptable. I think I would have to call back again & tell them I need the credit today or you'll tell your bank it was an unauthorized charge amount.

Ditto that. I would cancel the charge. I never pay w/ a debit card for this reason. It's more of a pain to cancel a charge than it is w/ a credit card.

kaseydee said:

I thought about it, and I still may. I haven't yet decided.

I would, it seems silly to wait for 6 weeks!

Well, I paid with my debit card b/c I refuse to use credit cards. For me credit cards only lead to trouble so I am paying off what I have and not using them anymore. I will call my bank in the morning and find out what I have to do.

well I placed an order the other day and they charged my cc 225.05 + 1.00 + 60.50 and I freaked out cause the whole order only came to 225.05 anyways when I called them well cause your pens weren't ready we shipped part of your order which was 60.50 amount and we are holding the other 225.05 and 1.00 till the pens are done and then we will change the charge to the difference I said are you kidding me she said well no we have the right to authorize your card for the amount and hold it till we actually charge your card to make sure our money we owed will clear the bank. I was blooming mad at the women.

Sounds like Merrill needs some competition. It really bothers me when you go on to CC and where Merrill is listed, it says, "Licensed Merchandise Vendors", yeah right, there is only one.

I know I wished they could come out with other vendors, I think it really stinks we have to only suffer with them when you know there are other companies who would be just as qualifed. Stampin up uses Merrill for their logo wear and such and surprising they have the same merchanise as we do just saying stampin up and they don't have any other vendor I find it odd 2 companies use the same one and they don't have any other vendors. hmmmm

If you paid with a credit card, then call your company and dispute the charges... send them your invoice and the can match it up with the charges... they should reverse it...

I wonder if there is a way to influence HO in deciding to add a vendor to the list? Would people e-mailing in their problems and frustrations with Merrill help them to look into it? Or are there no other vendors out there that could do the job? Or maybe HO could light a fire under Merrill's little behind and improve on their customer service and other issues. :D

I keep wanting to buy stuff from Merrill, but get scared away from doing it. I want Logo wear but think I'll wait till conference. But I want to get Logo stickers for my car and business cards and a name badge for my apron and other things.

I think Vista Print could handle it...

christinaspc said:
I know I wished they could come out with other vendors, I think it really stinks we have to only suffer with them when you know there are other companies who would be just as qualifed. Stampin up uses Merrill for their logo wear and such and surprising they have the same merchanise as we do just saying stampin up and they don't have any other vendor I find it odd 2 companies use the same one and they don't have any other vendors. hmmmm

That's Merrill's business - handling logo items for DS companies. They handle a lot of different companies.

I went on the Merrill site, and this is what they have to say about Debit/Check Card Transactions. I think it's funny how they try to put it on the bank, but they are the only ones that the bank does this to???...hmmm

Debit/Check Cards
If you are using a debit card to make your purchase today, we will request authorization from your bank for the transaction amount immediately after you click submit. Your bank will place a hold on these funds in anticipation of receiving the actual withdrawal from your deposit account. We do not process the actual charge to your debit card until your order is shipped; however, we will request another authorization from your bank to verify that the funds remain available if there is a delay from your order date to our shipping date.

In the event that an item is unavailable at the time your order is shipped, it is our policy to charge your debit card for the cost of the items shipped. In doing so, we will reauthorize your purchase for the dollar amount shipped. For a period of time, you may see that Merrill has requested and is holding the funds for both authorizations, however, the first authorization will be removed after a length of time determined by your bank. We are unable to control the length of time that both authorizations are held on your account. Please inquire with your bank as to how long the funds will be held.

Please take this information into consideration when choosing to pay for your order with a debit card.

I went on the Merrill site and this is what they have to say about Debit/Check Card Transactions. I think it's funny how they put the blame on the bank, but they are the only company that I know of that this happens to???...

Debit/Check Cards
If you are using a debit card to make your purchase today, we will request authorization from your bank for the transaction amount immediately after you click submit. Your bank will place a hold on these funds in anticipation of receiving the actual withdrawal from your deposit account. We do not process the actual charge to your debit card until your order is shipped; however, we will request another authorization from your bank to verify that the funds remain available if there is a delay from your order date to our shipping date.

In the event that an item is unavailable at the time your order is shipped, it is our policy to charge your debit card for the cost of the items shipped. In doing so, we will reauthorize your purchase for the dollar amount shipped. For a period of time, you may see that Merrill has requested and is holding the funds for both authorizations, however, the first authorization will be removed after a length of time determined by your bank. We are unable to control the length of time that both authorizations are held on your account. Please inquire with your bank as to how long the funds will be held.

Please take this information into consideration when choosing to pay for your order with a debit card.

I think letting HO know can only help and can't hurt. If everyone just continues to let HO know of their problems and complaints, they may look into a change- or at least competition. It's unacceptable in this day to put a HOLD on anyone's money for that long and not refund within a few days. They debit in a few days, they should be able to refund JUST as fast.

Related to soEveryone Complains About Merrill, but Me....

1. Why does everyone complain about Merrill?

Merrill is known for their high fees and lack of transparency in their investment options, which can lead to frustration and dissatisfaction among clients.

2. Is Merrill a reputable company?

While Merrill is a well-established company with a long history, their reputation has been tarnished in recent years due to controversies surrounding their business practices.

3. Are there any advantages to using Merrill as a financial advisor?

Merrill does have a large network of financial advisors and offers a diverse range of investment options, but it's important for individuals to do their own research and carefully consider their options before choosing Merrill as their financial advisor.

4. How does Merrill compare to other financial companies?

Merrill may not be the best option for everyone, as there are other financial companies that offer lower fees and more transparent investment options. It's important for individuals to compare and contrast different companies to find the best fit for their financial needs.

5. What steps should I take if I am dissatisfied with my experience with Merrill?

If you are unsatisfied with your experience with Merrill, it's important to communicate your concerns with your financial advisor and try to resolve any issues. If necessary, you can also consider switching to a different financial company that better meets your needs and priorities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pkd09
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies