• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Class Gift for 1St Grade Teacher

In summary, the conversation is about ideas for a teacher gift from a first grade class. Suggestions include a personalized calendar with pictures of the students for the holiday season or at the end of the school year, a memory book with each child writing their favorite memory and illustrating it, decorating a frame with the class picture, and creating a tote bag with hand prints of the students. The group discusses the possibility of using hand prints in various ways and the importance of personalization in the gift.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Anyone have a great idea for a teacher gift from her class? I'm room mom for my son's first grade class and I'd love to have a group project that the kids can either help make or embellish for their teacher. Something that she can use or put in her room. Any ideas?

Linda - is this for the holiday or end of year?

Christmas gift.

Also, is she a new teacher or a teacher who's been teaching for a while?

She's been teaching for a while.

How many kids?

IF say there are 24 - you could have each child be assigned to a month - then take it to fedex/kinkos (discount card!) and have them shrink the pictures to 5x7 so two pictures fit on each page and make a calendar for her - memories to last thru school and beyond -

well - 2 kids to a month is what I meant - LOL

For the leader of our children's ministry we sometimes create a big card and let each child write a short line or two about what Promiseland means to them. They then sign under their message.One boy said, "Trash." We asked four times, and he said the same thing each time. We left it, knowing that our children's pastor would understand. We later talked to his grandma. She cleared up the mystery. Turns out his favorite job at his preschool is gathering the trash. It made him feel important and grown up. He thought Promiseland was just as good, maybe even better. When I had surgery the kids signed a card. I still treasure it--misspellings, illegible scribbles, and all. (Remember, I teach the 3 - K class. Illegible scribbles are common.)

Or have them cut there handprints out of felt or foam board in red and green and make a wreath to hang on her door -

Oh no the Martha in me is trying to come out - LOL

Just thinking of the things I did with my kids teachers -

Memory books with a picture of each kid and a wish for the teacher's holiday and new year - in their own words and writing.

PamperedDor said:
How many kids?

IF say there are 24 - you could have each child be assigned to a month - then take it to fedex/kinkos (discount card!) and have them shrink the pictures to 5x7 so two pictures fit on each page and make a calendar for her - memories to last thru school and beyond -

PamperedDor said:
Or have them cut there handprints out of felt or foam board in red and green and make a wreath to hang on her door -

Oh no the Martha in me is trying to come out - LOL

Just thinking of the things I did with my kids teachers -

Memory books with a picture of each kid and a wish for the teacher's holiday and new year - in their own words and writing.

As a former first grade teacher, I love these ideas. The calendar is great...and I love the memory book.

However, just popped in my head...perhaps the memory book would be a great gift at the end of the year. Each child could write their favorite memory of the year and illustrate it. How cute would that be???

ChefJoyJ said:
As a former first grade teacher, I love these ideas. The calendar is great...and I love the memory book.

However, just popped in my head...perhaps the memory book would be a great gift at the end of the year. Each child could write their favorite memory of the year and illustrate it. How cute would that be???

Ya that is what I usually do - at the end of the year - but I figured its a holiday thing she is looking for so almost like a big holiday card.

You could also buy a frame and have the kids decorate it - put the class picture in it as well -

I was thinking about something that we could do with hand prints. I was thinking about buying a plain canvas totebag and having the children put their hand prints on them and then I'd write their name next to them - maybe have the handprints in several colors. I want to do someting personalized from the children.

Is that a good idea? What's a better idea? I do not have pictures of the kids and probably don't have time to take any either.

pamperedlinda said:
I was thinking about something that we could do with hand prints. I was thinking about buying a plain canvas totebag and having the children put their hand prints on them and then I'd write their name next to them - maybe have the handprints in several colors. I want to do someting personalized from the children.

Very cute! I'm sure she would love it...and teachers can always use more tote bags! :p

1. How much should I contribute to the class gift for our 1st grade teacher?

It is completely up to you and your budget. The average contribution for a class gift is usually around $10-$20 per student, but any amount is appreciated.

2. Can I contribute to the class gift anonymously?

Yes, you can! Just let the person organizing the gift know and they can make sure your contribution remains anonymous.

3. Should I include my child's name on the card for the class gift?

Including your child's name on the card is a personal choice. Some parents prefer to have their child's name included as a sign of appreciation, while others may choose to leave it off for privacy reasons.

4. What type of gift should we get for our 1st grade teacher?

It's always a good idea to get a gift that is practical and useful for the teacher. Some popular options include gift cards, classroom supplies, or a personalized gift. It's also a good idea to ask other parents for their input and ideas.

5. Is it okay to give a group gift instead of individual gifts?

Absolutely! A group gift is a great way to show appreciation and can also save time and money for all the parents involved. Just make sure to communicate with the other parents and agree on a gift that everyone is comfortable contributing to.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • sarahjmpc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies