• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Web Order Let Guest Add Special and She Didn't Qualify

In summary, the conversation discusses a customer's order and how the consultant feels about how to handle it. The customer orders an item for $50.50 before taxes and shipping. After the customer inputs the code for the bar board, the order goes through. However, the code doesn't work and the customer ends up ordering an item for $60. The consultant recommends telling the customer directly that she needs to order $9.50 more for the bar board and to print the web order. If the customer is a family member or a close friend, the consultant recommends not letting them order the item. If the customer is not a family member or a close friend, the consultant recommends contacting the homeoffice. The customer order is not final
lisacb77
Have any of you had this experience? I got an order on an October catalog show tonight. The total was $50.50 before tax & shipping, over $60 after. She put the code in for the bar board and it came through!

In this situation, do you all find it better for me to tell the customer directly she needs to order $9.50 more for the board, or let the host do it? The customer is in Maine (wow) and we are here in TX. I'm guessing it might be family or a close friend.

Thanks...

I would suggest that you do it. I feel it is more professional. Also, if it is a family member, it could cause a problem...you know how touchy family can get!Just let her know that the website orders are not final and go to you for a final okay and you don't want her to miss out on the free bar board. Tell her that the $60 is based on product sales and you would be happy to help her find something that is $9.50 to get the board.

Great, thanks Kate!

BTW, she ended up ordering the juicer! Yay!

Last edited:
I would almost contactthe homeoffice to see why this was allowed to happen on the on-line. That's not good for business at all. Do you still have the web order out there? If so, print it. Send it to the home office after contacting the Tech Support dept. Maybe they can see it from their end so you would not have to send it in.

lisacb77 said:
Great, thanks Kate!

BTW, she ended up ordering the juicer! Yay!

Fantastic. That's the kind of guest I like.

pampered1224 said:
the homeoffice to see why this was allowed to happen on the on-line. That's not good for business at all. Do you still have the web order out there? If so, print it. Send it to the home office after contacting the Tech Support dept. Maybe they can see it from their end so you would not have to send it in.
I would definitely follow this advice. I think it makes us look bad if the company (web) allows something and then we (just a lowly consultant) says "oh, no, they (the big company) made a mistake. PC needs to know about the glitch so they can fix it. Then we all look more professional.

They should fix it pertty fast! I wondered if anyone else noticed.

lisacb77 said:
Have any of you had this experience? I got an order on an October catalog show tonight. The total was $50.50 before tax & shipping, over $60 after. She put the code in for the bar board and it came through!

In this situation, do you all find it better for me to tell the customer directly she needs to order $9.50 more for the board, or let the host do it? The customer is in Maine (wow) and we are here in TX. I'm guessing it might be family or a close friend.

Thanks...

Wasn't the difference only $0.50? Am I missing something here? I think you did the right thing contacting her, I would also contact HO if you haven't. I have ordered a Season's Best for the customer before if their order is that close.

bbauman07 said:
Wasn't the difference only $0.50? Am I missing something here? I think you did the right thing contacting her, I would also contact HO if you haven't. I have ordered a Season's Best for the customer before if their order is that close.
I think the special is for when you spend $60 on products.

It was $9.50 short to get the bar board.

I appears that 0's look like 9's today :eek:

pampered1224 said:
the homeoffice to see why this was allowed to happen on the on-line. That's not good for business at all. Do you still have the web order out there? If so, print it. Send it to the home office after contacting the Tech Support dept. Maybe they can see it from their end so you would not have to send it in.

Okay, I forwarded the original email from the order to web support...let's see what happens!

Lisa,
Have you heard back from them yet?

I called when it happened a second time, on a $38 order! They were going to let the tech folks know. No further responses yet...

They're probably scratching their heads...

Well then they should write something into the code that doesn't allow it! They do it for host specials in PP, why not on the web??

I agree it makes us look bad and someone will eventually expect it honored and will pursue the ugliness.

Sometimes Ihate dealing with HO on things like this..... other times I dont' mind at all.... LOL

Well if they fix that, they should fix it to where if they DO order $60 or more, it prompts them to add the special. I had 2 of those that didn't. It was fun to let them know I added it for them though :)

I had someone order 2 free boards on a $48 order. She said that the specials page never gives an explanation on how to get the free stuff.

I think the freebies for guests that order over $60 should just automatically be shipped without them or us having to remember to order it. But that might be because I've scr*wed 3 hosts/guests in August that I forgot in my my 1st 2 shows to fix. I have a long call to HO tomorrow to ask a bunch of questions and get a few things fixed. Wish me luck.

I had the same problem but my customer ordered $36

I don't know if they have fixed it in Pampered Partner, but you can also add in the guest special and it will take it if they haven't order $60 worth, but then it doesn't ship with the order. So you think you are getting it but then you don't

tlennhoff said:
I think the freebies for guests that order over $60 should just automatically be shipped without them or us having to remember to order it. But that might be because I've scr*wed 3 hosts/guests in August that I forgot in my my 1st 2 shows to fix. I have a long call to HO tomorrow to ask a bunch of questions and get a few things fixed. Wish me luck.

I agree with you. If they are going to give them out, why not just do it automatically. I forgot the QuikStir Pitcher one month for a host, luckily, it was my best friend and she did not care. I called HO right after I sent it b/c I remembered and they refused to add it, said it could not be shipped out if I did submit it correctly! She ordered like $250-$300 worth of stuff too. I thought that was very tacky of HO!

I forgot to add the quick stir pictures for the 3 people in August that qualified for one as none of them had put it on their order. My director encouraged me to call and have adjustments done and send them. I did that. Then when my next commission came in there was an adjustment that pretty much wiped out my august commission and I'm assuming it is because they charged me since it was my mistake. I really should call them and get them to explain why they did the commission adjustment.

I forgot to add the quick stir pictures for the 3 people in August that qualified for one as none of them had put it on their order. My director encouraged me to call and have adjustments done and send them. I did that. Then when my next commission came in there was an adjustment that pretty much wiped out my august commission and I'm assuming it is because they charged me since it was my mistake. I really should call them and get them to explain why they did the commission adjustment.

2 comments:

1) There was a time that you didn't have to add the guest special. It was just shipped if the guest qualified.

2) I've forgotten to add the special and I've called HO after the show shipped. They just sent the specials with no commission adjustment. Tlennhoff - I'm guessing that when HO put in the adjustment, he/she entered the regular part number rather than the guest special number. I would call and see if that could be fixed).

Diane

Hey all, I noticed on my PWS today that at least now when you click on the guest special it says "free with $60 purchase"...so an improvement!

It will still let you add it to your order though if you are below. It always lets me add to an empty cart. UGH.

I guess it's progress. Let's hope our customers read!!

dianevill said:
2) I've forgotten to add the special and I've called HO after the show shipped. They just sent the specials with no commission adjustment. Tlennhoff - I'm guessing that when HO put in the adjustment, he/she entered the regular part number rather than the guest special number. I would call and see if that could be fixed).

Diane

I talked to them and it turns out I simply did not understand my 1st end-of-month statement that I got after having had a full month. The adjustment was NOT for the guest special I forgot - it was simply showing me what my mid-month sales were. Geez, a better explanation on stuff so it is glaringly obvious would be nice. I read the stupid commission statement like 15 times before I understood what the M meant and boy did I feel stupid as they nicely explained it to me. :rolleyes:

What is the "Web Order Let Guest Add Special" feature?

The "Web Order Let Guest Add Special" feature allows guests to add a special offer to their online order, even if they did not initially qualify for it.

How does the "Web Order Let Guest Add Special" feature work?

After a guest adds items to their online cart, they will be prompted to add a special offer if they did not initially qualify for it. They can then select the offer and it will be added to their order.

Why didn't the guest initially qualify for the special offer?

The guest may not have met the requirements for the special offer, such as a minimum purchase amount or a specific item in their cart. The "Web Order Let Guest Add Special" feature allows them to still receive the offer.

Can the guest add multiple special offers using this feature?

Yes, the guest can add multiple special offers as long as they meet the requirements for each offer.

Is there a limit to how many times a guest can use the "Web Order Let Guest Add Special" feature?

No, there is no limit to how many times a guest can use this feature. They can continue to add special offers as long as they meet the requirements for each offer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • scottcooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Sandibeach