• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Didn't Put Host Name for Order!

In summary, the guest ordered items on the website without specifying that they were for a host show. The host is already over the $700 spending limit, so the guest will have to reorder and credit the order correctly.
chefsteph07
I was afraid this would happen eventually, I just had a guest email me that she placed an order on my website that is supposed to go toward a host show and I think she placed it regular, instead of for my host. She said she couldn't find a place to put the hosts name for credit, so it's already ordered, now what do we do? Can I call PC and have them cancel the order and have the guest REORDER it under the host? Or is she going to have to order it again and wait for the original one to ship to send back and get the refund? I'm pretty irritated..not with the guest, but with the ordering process. I always thought it was a little confusing, but I wish this guest had called me first before she put the order in, rather than wait till after it was all done.

Any help or advice for this situation would be appreciated. Thanks! :grumpy:

The only way to cancel it is to have the guest cancel the order, then resubmit it on the show. It may be too late - she'll have to call first thing tomorrow.

I'm with you - very frustrated with the ordering process on our websites. I was on the phone tonight with my mom for an HOUR trying to explain to her how to order something on a registry for a mutual friend. NOT user-friendly AT ALL!! :( I should have just done it for her myself.

I just had the guest email me her confirmation so I knew what she did, and she was right, she placed the order direct on my site instead of putting the host on...I called HO and she said she is going to have the order re routed (it is already in the process of being shipped) and sent back to HO, where they will issue a refund check and the guest is now supposed to re order the products on the website under the host. Thankfully, she only placed a $30 order, but now I have to call her in the morning and explain all this. I"m kinda embarrassed.

Why should YOU be embarassed? When someone goes to your site to place an order- there is clearly marked a place for "Hosts Name" before you even get to order anything. You aren't the one who can't read. :D

I might be wrong, but once I had a customer place an order on my website and when I downloaded it on P3, I was able to add it to a show even though she did not order it thru a show.

Sounds like you're mistaken, akrebecca. When a customer places an order without using a host's name it goes directly through the HO. It cannot be downloaded to P3.

I haven't had this happen, yet LOL. But what I do because it can be very user un-friendly is I put detailed instructions on the invites on how to order from my site if they can't attend the show.
ie: Click "Shop Online" tab (bottom left), then in the "Host/ Organization" search field enter ______ name. Click _______ name to continue.

I have a news item on my homepage that says Before You Place an Order Click Here. It takes them to detailed instructions. It's helped the problem for me.

esavvymom said:
Why should YOU be embarassed? When someone goes to your site to place an order- there is clearly marked a place for "Hosts Name" before you even get to order anything. You aren't the one who can't read. :D

She placed the order at the top of the website I guess, didn't look down at the bottom...but it's ok, I spoke w/ her this morning and she is going to reorder the items correctly, I'm just glad she didn't cancel it! I think it is going to put my host over the $700 level and I would hate for her to miss that!

chefsteph07 said:
She placed the order at the top of the website I guess, didn't look down at the bottom...but it's ok, I spoke w/ her this morning and she is going to reorder the items correctly, I'm just glad she didn't cancel it! I think it is going to put my host over the $700 level and I would hate for her to miss that!

I've had this happen a couple of times from out of town family, HO has told me once is it ordered it will ship to the guest- they have to return it/refuse shipment and reorder under the host to get it credited correctly... Since the website activity email doesn't come until way after the order I haven't had time to catch them before they were processed.

If they refuse the first order, do they still have to pay the shipping? I wasn't sure if PC would refund them only the product (and not shipping).

This happened to me when I first started using the website. I just called HO and canceled it myself then reordered it on the show.

1. What should I do if a guest forgot to put the host name for their order?

If a guest forgets to include the host name for their order, you can reach out to them and ask for the host name. You can also check with the host to see if they know which guest may have placed the order without the host name.

2. Will the host still receive credit for the order if the guest did not include their name?

Yes, as long as the host's name is added to the order before it is submitted, they will receive credit for the order.

3. Can I add the host's name to the order after it has been placed?

Yes, if the order has not been shipped yet, you can contact customer service and provide the host's name to add it to the order. However, if the order has already been shipped, the host will not receive credit for that particular order.

4. What happens if the guest does not know the host's name for their order?

In this case, you can try reaching out to the host directly to ask for their name. If that is not possible, you can still submit the order without the host's name, but they will not receive credit for that order.

5. Will the guest still receive their order if they did not include the host's name?

Yes, the guest will still receive their order even if they did not include the host's name. However, the host will not receive credit for the order without their name being added.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ttotsis
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ttotsis
  • chefgirlrd