1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Guest didn't put host name for order!

1. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I was afraid this would happen eventually, I just had a guest email me that she placed an order on my website that is supposed to go toward a host show and I think she placed it regular, instead of for my host. She said she couldn't find a place to put the hosts name for credit, so it's already ordered, now what do we do? Can I call PC and have them cancel the order and have the guest REORDER it under the host? Or is she going to have to order it again and wait for the original one to ship to send back and get the refund? I'm pretty irritated..not with the guest, but with the ordering process. I always thought it was a little confusing, but I wish this guest had called me first before she put the order in, rather than wait till after it was all done.

Any help or advice for this situation would be appreciated. Thanks! :grumpy:

May 27, 2009
  2. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

The only way to cancel it is to have the guest cancel the order, then resubmit it on the show. It may be too late - she'll have to call first thing tomorrow.

I'm with you - very frustrated with the ordering process on our websites. I was on the phone tonight with my mom for an HOUR trying to explain to her how to order something on a registry for a mutual friend. NOT user-friendly AT ALL!! :( I should have just done it for her myself.

May 27, 2009
  3. chefsteph07

I just had the guest email me her confirmation so I knew what she did, and she was right, she placed the order direct on my site instead of putting the host on...I called HO and she said she is going to have the order re routed (it is already in the process of being shipped) and sent back to HO, where they will issue a refund check and the guest is now supposed to re order the products on the website under the host. Thankfully, she only placed a $30 order, but now I have to call her in the morning and explain all this. I"m kinda embarrassed.

May 27, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Why should YOU be embarassed? When someone goes to your site to place an order- there is clearly marked a place for "Hosts Name" before you even get to order anything. You aren't the one who can't read. :D

May 27, 2009
  5. akrebecca

akrebecca Rebecca M. Silver Member

I might be wrong, but once I had a customer place an order on my website and when I downloaded it on P3, I was able to add it to a show even though she did not order it thru a show.

May 28, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Sounds like you're mistaken, akrebecca. When a customer places an order without using a host's name it goes directly through the HO. It cannot be downloaded to P3.

May 28, 2009
  7. chefHLM

chefHLM Member

I haven't had this happen, yet LOL. But what I do because it can be very user un-friendly is I put detailed instructions on the invites on how to order from my site if they can't attend the show.
    ie: Click "Shop Online" tab (bottom left), then in the "Host/ Organization" search field enter ______ name. Click _______ name to continue.

May 28, 2009
  8. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I have a news item on my homepage that says Before You Place an Order Click Here. It takes them to detailed instructions. It's helped the problem for me.

May 28, 2009
  9. chefsteph07

She placed the order at the top of the website I guess, didn't look down at the bottom...but it's ok, I spoke w/ her this morning and she is going to reorder the items correctly, I'm just glad she didn't cancel it! I think it is going to put my host over the $700 level and I would hate for her to miss that!

May 28, 2009
  10. Bluiydangl

Bluiydangl Member

I've had this happen a couple of times from out of town family, HO has told me once is it ordered it will ship to the guest- they have to return it/refuse shipment and reorder under the host to get it credited correctly... Since the website activity email doesn't come until way after the order I haven't had time to catch them before they were processed.

May 28, 2009
  11. Malinda Klein

Malinda Klein Advanced Member Gold Member

If they refuse the first order, do they still have to pay the shipping? I wasn't sure if PC would refund them only the product (and not shipping).

12. cookingwithlove

cookingwithlove Advanced Member Gold Member

This happened to me when I first started using the website. I just called HO and canceled it myself then reordered it on the show.

Have something to add?