• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Viewing Webpage as a Customer: Troubleshooting Tips & Solutions

In summary, the person tried to view a webpage as a customer, but was redirected to their own page. They attempted to delete cookies to fix the issue, but it didn't work and also deleted their password. They were advised to try using a different browser, such as Firefox, to view the page as a customer.
kcjodih
Gold Member
How do I view this page as a customer? I tried to go to it and click order products but it brings me to MY PWS. So I thought...hmm, heard something on CS about having to delete cookies. So I went to tools, internet options, delete under general where it says 'temporary files, cookies, history, saved passwords etc' and then JUST clicked delete cookies and yes to confirm and then went in again and it didn't work. It still took me to my PWS!

Oh, and it also deleted my password and member id on here which threw me for a loop. I didn't click 'delete password' AT ALL and I just KNOW I'm going to be messed up now when I go to other sites and have NO idea what my password is.

So did I do something wrong? Isn't this what were supposed to do if we want to view as a customer? And isn't that how you delete cookies? And why did it seemingly NOT delete the cookies but DID delete my password (for here anyway)?

And here I was so proud of myself for remembering someone's previous instructions on here (or so I thought) and NOT having to come back and ask....:eek:

I REALLY need to see the website and order section from a customer's point of view but don't know how to do it now!! Help anyone?

Re: pchef.comIt didn't delete your password, it deleted the cookie that stored your password to keep you logged in here. You can delete just specific cookies by going into "Manage Cookies" instead of just deleting them all.If it's still not working, use a different browser, since that should be "clean" as far as not having your PWS in it's history.

Re: pchef.comAhh, okay I got the first part about cookies that makes sense about deleting the password cookie.

The different browser thing is where I'm lost. Sorry but I'm really computer stupid! How do I use a different browser, I don't even know what that means?!

Thanks Ann for all your help!

Re: pchef.comI assume you're using MS Internet Explorer to get to the web. That's a browser. Many people don't know that there are other programs available to do the same thing (usually better, too), since IE comes preloaded with Windows. I use Firefox as my browser, but Opera is another option. If you go to mozilla.org you can download Firefox (it's free). Then try going to PC.com using that. Because you won't have used it, it won't have any browsing history nor cookies saved for you.

Hi there! It sounds like you did everything correctly, but sometimes clearing cookies can be a bit tricky. Have you tried using a different browser or clearing your cache as well? Sometimes that can help with viewing the website as a customer. Also, make sure you are logged out of your consultant account before trying to view the page as a customer. If you continue to have trouble, I would suggest reaching out to our technical support team for further assistance. They will be able to walk you through the steps and troubleshoot any issues you may be having. I hope this helps! Happy cooking!

1. What should I do if I am having trouble viewing the webpage as a customer?

If you are having trouble viewing the webpage as a customer, the first thing you should do is try refreshing the page. If that does not work, clear your browser's cache and cookies and then try again. If the issue persists, try accessing the webpage using a different browser or device.

2. Why am I unable to see certain images or videos on the webpage?

If you are unable to see certain images or videos on the webpage, it could be due to a slow internet connection or a problem with the webpage itself. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the issue continues, contact our customer support for further assistance.

3. The webpage is not loading properly, what should I do?

If the webpage is not loading properly, it could be due to a temporary glitch or technical issue. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the issue persists, try accessing the webpage at a later time or contact our customer support for further assistance.

4. I am getting an error message when trying to view the webpage as a customer, what does it mean?

If you are getting an error message when trying to view the webpage as a customer, it could mean that there is a problem with the webpage or your internet connection. Check your internet connection and try refreshing the page. If the issue continues, contact our customer support for further assistance.

5. Can I view the webpage as a customer on my mobile device?

Yes, you can view the webpage as a customer on your mobile device. However, the layout and features may differ from the desktop version. If you are having trouble viewing the webpage on your mobile device, try using a different browser or device. If the issue persists, contact our customer support for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
katie0128
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service