• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spam Alert: Moronica8885551212 Has Asked You a Question on Fanbox!

In summary, Moronica8885551212 has sent you a message asking you a question on FanBox.com. If you click on the link in the message, your desktop will become everyone else's and you're in a world of trouble. Delete the message if you received it.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
It looks like an innocent enough e-mail, someone has asked you a question on fanbox, click here to view the question.

Of course, if you don't read the rest of the message...
Moronica8885551212 asked you a question. View the question and answer it.

FanBox.com is the web-based desktop that instantly turns every computer into your computer. It includes over 10,000 web applications and games to choose from, including the Question It application.

This email was sent by Moronica8885551212 while using the Question It application on FanBox. Go here to learn more or stop receiving emails from friends using Question It. FanBox: 255 G Street #723, San Diego, CA 92101, USA

While you may, or may not, know Moronica, she didn't send the message. See that part about "...instantly turns every computer into your computer"? That is the key - if you click on Moronica's question (which will be something like "Do you like gerbils?") your desktop just became everyone else's desktop and you're in a world of hurt.

Do yourself a favor - delete the stupid thing. Whatever you do, DO NOT click on the link and DO NOT contact them to ask them to stop sending you this crap - that just opens the flood gates for more.

No, I was smart enough to delete it, but obviously, Moronica wasn't.

It is like all of the other crap that's out there, only dangerous. "Moron"ica???? Hmmmm I know a few people that SHOULD be going by that name, but no one who actually has the name!

Unless it's from a friend, no email is innocent... well, even if it is from a friend, it may be no better... LOL. When in doubt, delete delete delete.

baychef said:
It is like all of the other crap that's out there, only dangerous. "Moron"ica???? Hmmmm I know a few people that SHOULD be going by that name, but no one who actually has the name!
She'll be at conference this year.

ignore_badge.jpg

Well if I see her, I'll spam her upside the head
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/spam.jpg

ROFL! I love that picture, Ann!! :D

bump.gif
I got another message from Moronica again today. Please, don't fall for this spam because I don't need fourteen messages a day, like that one, from you.

I have to laugh, because once again several aspects of my life have aligned. On Saturday, DH and I rented the straight-to-video Futurama movie, Bender's Big Score. It's about aliens (the scammer aliens) who take over all the money and assets on earth through spam emails. One message that the professor receives is that he's won the Spanish national lottery. He comments that, "I didn't know that I even had a ticket."Guess what just showed up in my inbox? A message that I have won the Spanish national lottery! Wow! I didn't know I even had a ticket.

It came with the DVD.

I was having a good day until I got some terrible news, a distant relative that I have over seas has passed away. So Sad, I never even met him. On the plus side after him and his entire family died in a plane crash I am the only person that his lawyer can find that is related. Turns out Uncle whats his name is loaded and left all his money to me!!!

Wow! And now they just need to verify your identity by getting your mother's maiden name, your social security number, and your bank account number, right?

And some "good faith" seed money in an offshore account in the Caribbean somewhere.

how did ya know?? Sounds like a deal, All I have to do is send this attorney $5,000 to help cover his cost, and he will deposit 2.7 mil into my account. (thats why he needs my account number)

Are people REALLY this dumb??

yes unfortunately they are. It is amazing to read about people 'paying' for 'free' money! Wants me to just shake them and go "HELLO!! Anyone in here?" lol

slj1229 said:
I was having a good day until I got some terrible news, a distant relative that I have over seas has passed away. So Sad, I never even met him. On the plus side after him and his entire family died in a plane crash I am the only person that his lawyer can find that is related. Turns out Uncle whats his name is loaded and left all his money to me!!!

WOW!! You too? I had an uncle pass away under the same circumstances! We better find out what airline that was and remember to never book a flight with them... after all, having at least two crashes that both wipe out an entire family isn't such a great track record.

I told the attorney that he could just deduct his charges BEFORE he sends the money and it would be less work for all of us. Still waiting on his reply... it's been a few years. Maybe he flew on the same airline. Oh well.

Did you know "gullable" is not in the dictionary?

Here's a note I just got today from some scammers. All it takes is an eye for standard English to see that it's gotta be phony. No corporation would send out something as poorly written as this. Not to mention, I don't have an account at the institution this claims to be from.

Notice, too, that the security hints one must complete are things that are frequently used as hints, or even passwords. So once these people get that info, they can get into a LOT of your accounts.

Sadly, there are a lot of people out there who fall for these things.

Dear User.

Our company persistently keeps vigilant watch over recent achievements in strife against network piracy and continuously implements preventive works aimed at maximal protection of our clients personal data against security violation by fraudsters.

Starting from tomorrow system of access to workfields is transferred to coding with a floating number. It means that your password and ID will not be changed but will be logged differentially. The only necessary conditions includes the following: you only need to log the first source-key which will generate further conversion. Thereto you have to follow the link <link removed> and enter your access code and ID in the appropriate fields. Then, if data entered concur with those in our system you will be proposed to answer some more questions, so as to exclude any possibility of your account usage by third parties. This information will also be necessary in a case if you for any reason forget or lose your password.

List of questions you have to answer must look as follows:
  • What is your favorite book?
  • What telephone number, besides your own, is most important to you?
  • What is your favorite date in history?
  • What is the population of your hometown?
  • What is your favorite hobby?
  • What is the location of your birth?
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that all fields must be filled out, otherwise the system will block escape to the next level and you can not start work with your personal data.

Should all necessary fields be filled in and password and ID concur with those registered in our system, you will get access to the work field. After that your personal identification key will be successfully logged in the system. No other operations from your part are required.

If for any reason you could not gain access to the system, please check accuracy of data entered. In the event that entered data are exact but access is disabled, please contact our clients support department.

Thank you for cooperation and support.
IT Security Department​

Wow, that's a new one....asking for answers to those questions. How scary. It is sad how many people fall for it, I guess. I just can't believe some people do!!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Did you know "gullable" is not in the dictionary?

No, but gullible is and "stupid" is also in the dictionary!!!:p

And now you know how people get excited about dihydrogen monoxide.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And now you know how people get excited about dihydrogen monoxide.

Ya had to bring that up, didn't you? You know, yo momma's so fat, she sat on a dollar bill and made four quarters.

Yo mama's so fat, she has to iron her jeans on the driveway.

Yo mama so fat she got Baptised at Sea World.

Yo mama's so clumsy, she tripped over the cordless phone.

Yo mama's mouth is so big, it takes her an hour to put on lipstick. Yo mama's mouth is so big, it's like a convenience store - open 24 hours a day.

Yo mama's so fat she sweats mayonnaise!

Yo mama's so fat, they have to have a welcome home party for her when she turns around.

Yo mama's so fat, her picture takes two frames.

Yo mama's so fat, her shadow has stretch marks.

Yo mama's is so fat, she wore guess jeans and the answer popped out.

Yo momma so old, she owes Fred Flintstone a food stamp.

Yo mommas so dirty, she turned the local swimming baths into the dead sea.

Yo mama's is so ugly, American Express left without her

Yo momma's so scary, she frightens the ****roaches away.

Yo mama's so fat, she keeps pesos in one pocket and yen in the other.

Yo mama's is so stupid, she sat on the TV and watched the couch

Yo mama's so fat, when they ask her at KFC what size bucket she wants, she says, "The one on the roof."

Yo mama's so fat, when her picture was in the newspaper, it was on pages 4,5,6,7 and 8.

Yo mama's is so fat, she tripped over Wal-Mart, stumbled over K-Mart and landed on Target.

Yo mama's is so fat, she wears two watches...one for each time zone.

Yo mama is so fat, she went to the beach and Greenpeace tried to drag her back out to sea.

Yo mama's is so fat, when she walked into the all-you-can -eat buffet they had to install speed bumps.

Yo mama's is so hairy, she could be sold as a Chia pet.

You mama's so fat, when she travels, she has to make two trips.

Yo mama's is so fat, she held up her stockings with hula-hoops.

You mama's so fat, she gets weighed at the truck scales.

Yo mama's is so poor, she stands outside of KFC and licks other people's fingers.

Yo momma's so fat, she has more Chins than a Chinese phone book

Yo mama is so po' she serves cereal with forks and passes the milk.

Yo momma's so fat she has to put her belt on with a boomerang

Yo mama's is so fat, she went outside in a yellow raincoat and someone yelled "Taxi".

Yo mama is so ugly, when she looks in the mirror the reflection ducks.

Yo mamma's so stupid she had your brother thrown into rehab because he was Hooked on Phonics

<h2>1. What is FanBox and how does it work?</h2><p>FanBox is a web-based desktop that allows users to access over 10,000 web applications and games. It turns every computer into your own personalized desktop.</p><h2>2. What is the purpose of the "Spam Alert" email?</h2><p>The purpose of the email is to trick users into clicking on a link that will give access to their computer to the sender. This could lead to potential harm or security issues.</p><h2>3. Who sent the "Spam Alert" email and why?</h2><p>The email was sent by an unknown sender using the Question It application on FanBox. The purpose of the email is to gain access to the recipient's computer.</p><h2>4. What should you do if you receive this type of email?</h2><p>It is highly recommended to delete the email immediately and not click on any links or respond to the sender. This will prevent any potential harm or security issues.</p><h2>5. Can you stop receiving these types of emails?</h2><p>Yes, you can stop receiving these emails by going to the FanBox website and opting out of receiving emails from friends using the Question It application.</p>

1. What is FanBox and how does it work?

FanBox is a web-based desktop that allows users to access over 10,000 web applications and games. It turns every computer into your own personalized desktop.

2. What is the purpose of the "Spam Alert" email?

The purpose of the email is to trick users into clicking on a link that will give access to their computer to the sender. This could lead to potential harm or security issues.

3. Who sent the "Spam Alert" email and why?

The email was sent by an unknown sender using the Question It application on FanBox. The purpose of the email is to gain access to the recipient's computer.

4. What should you do if you receive this type of email?

It is highly recommended to delete the email immediately and not click on any links or respond to the sender. This will prevent any potential harm or security issues.

5. Can you stop receiving these types of emails?

Yes, you can stop receiving these emails by going to the FanBox website and opting out of receiving emails from friends using the Question It application.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire