• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suddenly Subscribed to Every Thread Where You Make a Post?

In summary, if you suddenly get lots of e-mails that you don't want ~ here's how to correct that ...Click on User CP (upper left hand corner) > (under Settings & Options) click on “Edit Options” > (under Messaging & Notifications) in the “Default Thread Subscription Mode” change the default from “instant email notification” to “do not subscribe” or “no e-mail notification” > Scroll to the bottom & save your changes. This will stop you from being subscribed to new threads. ;)You’ll be back on the User CP and now probably want to unsubscribe from the threads that
Sheila
Gold Member
My defaults just changed. If you are suddenly getting lots of e-mails that you don't want ~ here's how to correct that ...

Click on User CP (upper left hand corner) > (under Settings & Options) click on “Edit Options” > (under Messaging & Notifications) in the “Default Thread Subscription Mode” change the default from “instant email notification” to “do not subscribe” or “no e-mail notification” > Scroll to the bottom & save your changes. This will stop you from being subscribed to new threads.

You’ll be back on the User CP and now probably want to unsubscribe from the threads that you've already received e-mails to ... above the “Subscribed Thread” there’s a link on the left side of the page for “View All Subscribed Threads”. Click on that link, then you can select the threads from which you prefer to NOT be notified. Then click “delete subscription” in the drop down menu. That will stop the incoming e-mails from those threads from continuing to be sent. ;)

Yup just noticed that myself!

Thanks for the heads up! It was doing the same thing for me.

I fixed that today.

I also noticed I've started getting a "Daily Digest" type of email, and can't find where I would change that.

Noora, the unsubscribe for that e-mail is at the top of the e-mail ~ big letters & it's underlined. ;)

You should subscribe to every thread that has a post in it that I made. After all, my posts are profound, well thought out, intelligent, and some of them are even pretty funny. Oh, wait, it isn't April 1 yet, is it? Never mind.

Sheila said:
Noora, the unsubscribe for that e-mail is at the top of the e-mail ~ big letters & it's underlined. ;)

That's what I get for reading email on my phone. I miss the obvious.

Thank you so much Sheila! I was wondering why it decided to tell me I had a reply to a post!

LOL @ KGNoora, just admit it girl. You're a Mom. Distractions happen! LOL

KG, i already do! j/j

Thanks, Sheila

I come on here at least daily and just hit the "new posts" because I don't want my e-mail clogged. Thankfully when I don't update FB often enough it only clogs up my junk mail, but this forum is actually attached to an e-mail address I use and care about!!

Oh, I had to turn off all the FB notifications too! I can't handle all the clutter in my email. I need organization and need to be able to find what I need to read in a timely manner. :p

Sheila said:
Oh, I had to turn off all the FB notifications too! I can't handle all the clutter in my email. I need organization and need to be able to find what I need to read in a timely manner. :p

I turn them all off too. I don't want/need notification all over the place. I have all of my emails tagged to go into different files depending on who they are from - but it completely bugs me to see unopened ones, so I can't just let them go. It's better not to have them at all! (Does that make sense?)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You should subscribe to every thread that has a post in it that I made. After all, my posts are profound, well thought out, intelligent, and some of them are even pretty funny.

Oh, wait, it isn't April 1 yet, is it? Never mind.

But of course! :love:

KG, we're just waiting for the invitation to come to your fan club open house event ... right girls?

Someone is gonna have to bring kolaches.

No, no, no ... you are missing the point. It's YOUR job to cater to US!!! :p

Another fantasy shot to h*#!But trust me, you don't want to eat anything I bake.

Bwahaha ~ let's hope you have your guests do the cooking at your shows then ... LOL

I said bake, not cook.My kitchen shows were quite popular - women love watching a man struggle in the kitchen.

Bumping this thread....not so everyone can reas all the other stuff...but so they can read the first post about how to fix this.

I read this when it was first posted but it was so over my head, I didn't understand any of it (I am soooo not computer savvy:grumpy:)

Now that I have tried and failed repeatedly, it finally occurred to me that this must be what I was reading! Verdict is still out as to whether or not I've got it fixed.

esavvymom said:
Bumping this thread....not so everyone can reas all the other stuff...but so they can read the first post about how to fix this.

Aw, let 'em read the other stuff, too. (It's better, anyway.)

1. What does it mean when I suddenly get subscribed to every thread where I make a post?

When you receive a notification that you have been subscribed to every thread where you make a post, it means that you will now receive an email notification every time someone replies to a thread where you have made a comment or post.

2. Can I unsubscribe from this feature?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from this feature by going to your account settings and adjusting your notification preferences. You can choose to unsubscribe from all thread notifications or only specific threads.

3. Will I still receive notifications for threads that I have not commented on?

No, you will only receive notifications for threads where you have made a post or comment. You will not receive notifications for threads that you have not interacted with.

4. Can I choose to only receive notifications for certain types of threads?

Yes, you can customize your notification preferences to only receive notifications for specific types of threads, such as threads related to a certain topic or category.

5. How often will I receive these notifications?

You will receive these notifications in real-time, meaning whenever someone replies to a thread where you have made a post or comment, you will receive an email notification. However, you can adjust your notification settings to receive these emails less frequently if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • jwpamp