• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help fixing touch-pad settings on my laptop - any suggestions?

In summary, someone accidentally messed up the settings on the touchpad on the laptop and left and right click buttons won't work.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I know someone out there will have just the answer I need! I had vowed not to let my family use my laptop for business anymore but in a weak moment, I gave them my password and so now I'm paying the price. Someone has inadvertently messed up the settings for my touch-pad I guess. My left and right click buttons won't work to scroll or to highlight anything. HELP! I feel like my arms been hacked off. I know that is dumb but I didn't realize how often you hit those two until they won't work. ANY help and suggestions on how to correct this are SO WELCOMED and actually, desperately begged for! :) TIA What seems odd to me is that I can click on an underlined spelling error and the right click works for that. I'm just at a loss here.

not very techie, but this could be a workaround, get an external mouse =)

In the control panel, there should be a place for hardware settings, maybe even show the mouse specifically. Within that, there will be options for what each button does on the mouse.

and once you've reset things...change your password! :D

ChefLoriG said:
not very techie, but this could be a workaround, get an external mouse =)

GENIUS! That's got me part way back to normal! THANKS!

crystalscookingnow said:
In the control panel, there should be a place for hardware settings, maybe even show the mouse specifically. Within that, there will be options for what each button does on the mouse.

Ok... headed to try that out now! THANKS!!!!

esavvymom said:
and once you've reset things...change your password! :D
Did THAT about 5 minutes after I realized I had an issue! I wish I knew which kid to GRRRR at! :) Guess
I'll just do it at myself for breaking my own rule!

I go into the mouse settings/info on CP but the options that are there on the older versions of Windows are not there... I can't find anywhere to set each button for what it does. One button says to click and make the right click the main key but then I can't use the touchpad to do much. sigh THANKS for checking up on me. That is very sweet! I bet your hosts love you!well now... suddenly it's working again. Oh... it much be something underneath... I don't like the thought of that!

1. How do I fix a frozen computer?

To fix a frozen computer, try pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager. From there, you can end any unresponsive programs and restart your computer if needed. If this does not work, try holding down the power button for a few seconds to force a shut down.

2. How do I update my computer's software?

To update your computer's software, go to the settings or control panel and look for the option to check for updates. You can also search for updates in the search bar. Make sure to regularly check for updates to keep your computer running smoothly and securely.

3. How can I remove viruses and malware from my computer?

To remove viruses and malware from your computer, you can use an anti-virus software or do a full system scan. It's important to regularly run anti-virus software and be cautious when clicking on suspicious links or downloading unknown files to prevent viruses and malware in the first place.

4. What should I do if my computer is running slow?

If your computer is running slow, try closing any unnecessary programs and clearing your browser history and cache. You can also check for any software updates and run a virus scan. If these steps do not improve the speed, it may be time to upgrade your hardware or consider a professional diagnostic.

5. How do I set up a printer on my computer?

To set up a printer on your computer, first make sure it is connected to your computer via USB or wireless connection. Then go to the control panel or settings and look for the option to add a printer. Follow the prompts to install the printer software and drivers. You may need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pampered.chris