• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ipods - Specifically Ipod Touch

Bobbi provided a summary of the content. She recommends using the iPod touch for music and for downloading trainings onto it.
Melissa78
Gold Member
I just ordered myself an iPod touch (32GB) so that I can not only get all of my cd's (music) onto it but also so that the hours a day I spend in the car, at my desk at work or on the treadmill I can listen to all of the PC trainings offered on CC and on cd.

For anyone who already has an iPod and/or more specifically the Touch, any suggestions or helpful hints? Are there any good apps that you highly recommend? I want to use mine as a PDA for contacts/calendar etc as well as anything else that is useful. Too much money to spend on something just for music (IMO) so I can scrap my Dell PDA and have all in one. I would have gone with an iPhone and eliminated the need to have a phone but I'm a dedicated Verizon customer and won't switch to AT&T for an iPHone. Maybe the new Droid will be a hit but first the price needs to come down.

Specifically, when you download the mp3's on cc, I think I would <right click onthe file, then save target as> but then which file option do you choose? Do you d/l them directly into iTunes or into a different folder?

Do you use Outlook Express or just Outlook for your email for the calendar? I have a yahoo acct for PC but my main email acct for everything but PC is thru my IP and I can access thru the web but at home I use Outlook Express & at work regular Outlook.

Sorry to be so lengthy - I guess I should find a teenager as they always know everything on the electronics :) but I thought my fellow cheffers might have some useful tidbits. I did search on here and have ready many many posts but it was mostly on the calendar and that you can d/l the trainings onto an mp3 player/ipod.

Thanks so much! I do appreciate any input. Again, my apologies for being so long-winded. :yuck:

Well I have a regular IPod and love it. I got the touch for my Son for Christmas so I don't have any tips for you yet. Enjoy it though:)!

Thanks :) Glad you enjoy yours. I have had an mp3 player for years (cheapie GPX but it has held its own ground) and have definitely gotten my use out of it but felt it was time to come up to the rest of the world.

Sorry I can't help you Melissa - my 15 year old just bought himself one for his b-day - he loves it! It's very fun to use and I think fairly easy to set up (at least for him it is). I don't even have a regular ipod (I live vicariously through my kids!) I have plenty of CDS for them to download and we have similar tastes in music so they are happy with that.

Melissa - I do have the touch- had it for about 1 1/2 yrs now and love it! now, I don't really use it much for "pda" type applications (yet). However, I do use it for the audio-training for PC all the time!I Save the mp3 file to my computer, and then I just click on it and it opens/loads into I-tunes. From there, I can manage my files and sync with my i-Touch. One thing I also do, is created Playlists in I-tunes so I can put the PC training files into different play lists that I can quickly and easily sort (i.e- Recruiting, bookings, Nat.Conf, etc).We also have loaded several FREE App games from the i-tunes store. You can probably find several free or really cheap apps to do what you want for the other tasks...I look at the user ratings that many have to get an idea of whether an app is worth going for or not. But we have several games on ours _ they are great to entertain the kids when waiting somewhere or at a restaurant or something. :D And word to the wise- don't forget to turn the power OFF. I learned the hard way that you have to hold the button on the top of the iTouch down until the RED Power-slide comes on screen so you can shut it down. If you just hit the button- it just "sleeps" and drains your battery. So check your manual for the details- your version may be newer than mine. Enjoy!

Thanks Bobbi. I'm very excited to get it. My primary use is for music when I walk or go to the gym and d/l'ing the trainings but I like to tell myself that I got the touch to use as a PDA also (mental justification when I know the nano could have done the same thing for music/trainings) hehe

Anyone one else with any tips, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone and Bobbi for your insight.

1. How do I transfer music from my computer to my iPod Touch?

To transfer music from your computer to your iPod Touch, you will need to use iTunes. First, connect your iPod Touch to your computer using a USB cable. Then, open iTunes and select your device. Click on the "Music" tab and check the box next to "Sync Music." You can then choose to sync your entire music library or select specific songs, albums, or playlists to sync. Click "Apply" to start the transfer.

2. Can I use my iPod Touch to make phone calls?

No, the iPod Touch does not have cellular capabilities and cannot make phone calls. It can, however, make calls through Wi-Fi using apps such as Skype or FaceTime.

3. How do I update the software on my iPod Touch?

To update the software on your iPod Touch, go to "Settings" and click on "General." Then, select "Software Update" and follow the prompts to download and install the latest version of iOS.

4. Is it possible to expand the storage on my iPod Touch?

No, the storage on the iPod Touch cannot be expanded. However, you can use iCloud to store your files and free up space on your device.

5. Can I stream music on my iPod Touch?

Yes, you can stream music on your iPod Touch through various music streaming apps such as Apple Music, Spotify, or Pandora. You will need a Wi-Fi or cellular connection to stream music.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • akrebecca