1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Flash player equivalent for the iPod touch/iPhone?

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I just got an iPod touch for Christmas. Okay, so my DH opened it all up and wanted to get it "set up" for me for Christmas. Now he's taking over it! :rolleyes: Guess it won't be getting wrapped up and put under the tree for a "surprise". :D

So, as he's sitting here playing around with it's internet capabilities, it's saying that it doesn't have a flash player. But then it says there isn't a version for the iPhone or iPod touch. Does anyone know if there's something else we should be using or installing then?

Dec 22, 2009
  2. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

Dec 22, 2009
  3. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

I'm a tech dummy over here, but I really want the IPhone. What would I need a Flash player for? If I didn't have one would I be missing anything? My husband has Verizon and wants me to get on his plan and get the Droid or something comparable. When I go to the stores to talk to someone about the different phones they start to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher and I leave with a headache.

Here's what I want my IPhone for. Occasionally getting on the internet to check emails, FB, driving directions, replace my IPod Shuffle, pulling up PC info while at my parties. Speak to me in very basic language!! Thank you in advance!

Dec 22, 2009
  4. babywings76

bumping for more input from any iPhone or iPod touch users. :D

Dec 23, 2009
  5. ElizabethPurvis

ElizabethPurvis Member

I haven't found anything that's similar to flash to run on my ipod...it's maddening because I want to play Farmville and can't. :-( I don't think that there's anything you can put on that's similar, but you could always call apple support to find out. They are very helpful.

6. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

That is exactly why flash isn't supported. If flash were supported then you'd play farmville and not buy any of their apps in the store. Apple wants total control.

Sorry Amanda it's not going to happen :(

Dec 23, 2009
  7. babywings76

It's okay. I'm still loving it. There's plenty of things I can do on it. I"m sure more and more apps will be coming in the future too. I can understand why they don't want to allow Flash.

I spend way too much time playing FB games on my home computer...it's probably a good thing not to be able to do it out and about. I'd never socialize with real human beings again! :D (Those games are so addicting and take so much time to play.) But they are fun.

Dec 23, 2009
  8. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

Sandy - I can do all of those things on my T-Mobile G-1

Dec 23, 2009
  9. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I got myself a new iPod Touch for Black Friday as my early Christmas gift to myself. When you figure out half of what it does, let me know. :) I think I am going to find myself a 12-14yr old and I bet they will teach it all to me in 10min. LOL I have figured out how to use it for checking my email from work (wahoo) and I have used the notepad feature. I'm on a roll! (sarcasm)

Dec 23, 2009
  10. Chef Kearns

Thanks Carolyn, I'm glad someone was listening to me!! :D

Dec 23, 2009
  11. dannyzmom

Oooooh - but y aknow what? I dont think it can replace your ipod

Dec 23, 2009
  12. Chef Kearns

Why not? I thought there was an ITunes App. Wouldn't I just be able to put the songs from my ITunes Store onto it?

Dec 23, 2009
  13. robochick84

robochick84 Member

I have the newer myTouch and I LOVE it. The gps is fab.

Dec 24, 2009
  14. dannyzmom

Maybe there is? I dunno. I use the Pandora App

Dec 24, 2009
  15. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The iPhone/Touch don't support Flash not only because of the apps, but because Flash functionality burns through the battery quickly.

Dec 28, 2009
Have something to add?