• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flash Player Equivalent for the Ipod Touch/Iphone?

In summary, the iPod touch doesn't have a flash player, but there is no flash player for the iPhone or iPod touch. So the iPod touch might not be able to do things that the other phones can.
babywings76
Gold Member
I just got an iPod touch for Christmas. Okay, so my DH opened it all up and wanted to get it "set up" for me for Christmas. Now he's taking over it! :rolleyes: Guess it won't be getting wrapped up and put under the tree for a "surprise". :D

So, as he's sitting here playing around with it's internet capabilities, it's saying that it doesn't have a flash player. But then it says there isn't a version for the iPhone or iPod touch. Does anyone know if there's something else we should be using or installing then?

I'm a tech dummy over here, but I really want the IPhone. What would I need a Flash player for? If I didn't have one would I be missing anything? My husband has Verizon and wants me to get on his plan and get the Droid or something comparable. When I go to the stores to talk to someone about the different phones they start to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher and I leave with a headache.

Here's what I want my IPhone for. Occasionally getting on the internet to check emails, FB, driving directions, replace my IPod Shuffle, pulling up PC info while at my parties. Speak to me in very basic language!! Thank you in advance!

bumping for more input from any iPhone or iPod touch users. :D

I haven't found anything that's similar to flash to run on my ipod...it's maddening because I want to play Farmville and can't. :-( I don't think that there's anything you can put on that's similar, but you could always call apple support to find out. They are very helpful.

ElizabethPurvis said:
I haven't found anything that's similar to flash to run on my ipod...it's maddening because I want to play Farmville and can't. :-( I don't think that there's anything you can put on that's similar, but you could always call apple support to find out. They are very helpful.
That is exactly why flash isn't supported. If flash were supported then you'd play farmville and not buy any of their apps in the store. Apple wants total control.Sorry Amanda it's not going to happen :(

It's okay. I'm still loving it. There's plenty of things I can do on it. I"m sure more and more apps will be coming in the future too. I can understand why they don't want to allow Flash. I spend way too much time playing FB games on my home computer...it's probably a good thing not to be able to do it out and about. I'd never socialize with real human beings again! :D (Those games are so addicting and take so much time to play.) But they are fun.

Chef Kearns said:
Here's what I want my IPhone for. Occasionally getting on the internet to check emails, FB, driving directions, replace my IPod Shuffle, pulling up PC info while at my parties. Speak to me in very basic language!! Thank you in advance!

Sandy - I can do all of those things on my T-Mobile G-1

I got myself a new iPod Touch for Black Friday as my early Christmas gift to myself. When you figure out half of what it does, let me know. :) I think I am going to find myself a 12-14yr old and I bet they will teach it all to me in 10min. LOL I have figured out how to use it for checking my email from work (wahoo) and I have used the notepad feature. I'm on a roll! (sarcasm)

Thanks Carolyn, I'm glad someone was listening to me!! :D

Chef Kearns said:
Thanks Carolyn, I'm glad someone was listening to me!! :D

Oooooh - but y aknow what? I dont think it can replace your ipod

Why not? I thought there was an ITunes App. Wouldn't I just be able to put the songs from my ITunes Store onto it?

dannyzmom said:
Sandy - I can do all of those things on my T-Mobile G-1

I have the newer myTouch and I LOVE it. The gps is fab.

Chef Kearns said:
Why not? I thought there was an ITunes App. Wouldn't I just be able to put the songs from my ITunes Store onto it?

Maybe there is? I dunno. I use the Pandora App

The iPhone/Touch don't support Flash not only because of the apps, but because Flash functionality burns through the battery quickly.

1. Can I download Adobe Flash Player on my iPod Touch/iPhone?

No, Adobe Flash Player is not compatible with iOS devices. Apple chose not to support Flash due to its heavy battery usage and security vulnerabilities.

2. Is there an alternative to Adobe Flash Player for my iPod Touch/iPhone?

Yes, there are several alternatives to Flash for iOS devices, such as HTML5, JavaScript, and CSS animations. Many websites have also adapted their content to be compatible with iOS devices.

3. Can I still access websites with Flash content on my iPod Touch/iPhone?

While you cannot download Flash Player, there are some web browsers that have built-in Flash support for iOS devices. You can also use remote desktop apps to access Flash content from your computer on your iOS device.

4. Why does my iPod Touch/iPhone not support Flash?

As mentioned earlier, Apple chose not to support Flash due to its negative impact on battery life and the potential security risks it poses. Additionally, Apple and Adobe have had a history of not being able to come to an agreement on how to best implement Flash on iOS devices.

5. Will there ever be a version of Flash Player for iPod Touch/iPhone?

It is highly unlikely that Apple will change their stance on supporting Flash on iOS devices. However, Adobe is constantly working on new technologies that can replicate the functionality of Flash without the need for a plugin, so there may be alternative solutions in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • PampMomof3