• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Father's Day Gift Woes: Can I Put Music on Two iPods?

In summary, the conversation discusses the rules for sharing purchased music and other content on multiple iPods. It is confirmed that songs, movies, and TV shows can be shared between devices using the same iTunes account. Additionally, there are programs available to transfer songs from an iPod back to a computer. The conversation also includes unrelated topics such as the speaker's upcoming labor and a dance performance by her daughter.
gilliandanielle
I bought my DH an engraved video iPod for father's day (he got me one for Christmas) but I don't know what the "rules" are about purchased music, etc. Can I put things on his iPod that are on my iPod if they are in my iTunes? Do I need a separate iTunes account for him? I didn't think about the logistics of it all and now I am worried that we are going to have to spend a ton to put stuff on his iPod if we can't transfer or duplicate shows/music.

Sorry this is so off topic but I don't know anyone that would have 2 iPods!!

I found this answer onlineI am clueless when it comes to IPods, Xbox's, MP3's, BUT

I found this answer online. I hope it helps Gill!!

The easiest way is to just connect the iPod to your computer and add the songs from iTunes. If this doesn't work, try this:
There are two programs that are available to transfer songs from your iPod back onto your computer. The first is iDump and the second is YamiPod. I have found that iDump is the better of the two. You can google them and find a site that will download them. After you transfer the files to your computer, you can add them to iTunes and deliver them to as many iPods as you want.

I hope it makes sense because I have no idea what he is talking about. LOL

Debbie :D

Oh I forgotI also read that you can use as many Ipods with your ITunes account.

Debbie :D

gilliandanielle said:
I bought my DH an engraved video iPod for father's day (he got me one for Christmas) but I don't know what the "rules" are about purchased music, etc. Can I put things on his iPod that are on my iPod if they are in my iTunes? Do I need a separate iTunes account for him? I didn't think about the logistics of it all and now I am worried that we are going to have to spend a ton to put stuff on his iPod if we can't transfer or duplicate shows/music.

Sorry this is so off topic but I don't know anyone that would have 2 iPods!!

You can use both ipods for your itunes, not a prob at all just plug them in!!

ya... we have umm...like 4-5 ipods in this house (and there are only two of us haha!!), so yes you can put your songs from your itunes onto his ipod. The only way you can't transfer is from ipod to ipod. Wish I could sometimes. CAuse I have music on my old one (1st ipod ever made...aka "the brick") and I can't move them to my new one the 1st nano made cause the songs won't go and they all went away when my first computer crashed :( oh wells. But my DH and share songs and always take each others music. He also gets a lot of stuff from his co-workers! :)

No, you do not need a separate iTunes account for his iPod. :)

Thanks everyone- I am assuming that everything is included when you say songs (movies/tv shows)...

I also have a confession- I am going to give it to him early because when I am in labor I want to have mine and I know he would hog it and be laughing out loud at a movie/tv show while I am agonizing through contractions!! (He did this once during a triage visit and I was SO bored!!)

Gillian, OMG!! I am at work right now sneaking on and I was reading really fast and thought you said you are in labor NOW!! LOL:p

Last edited:
I wish! LOL! My doc okayed my to labor anytime after May 15th, but DS's b-day is the 16th, and my DD has her very first dance performance on the 19th. I am going to hold out as long as I can, but feel like I could explode at any minute, LOL!

Here is my belly pic from Tuesday:
100_2741.jpg

And my kids (this is DD's costume for her "big jump" as she refers to it!)
100_2748.jpg

How adorable your kids are!!!
You will see her dance, just cross your legs..:D

Your kids are adorable Gillian! And, your belly is nice too!

Adorable kids. Cute belly picture...

sparkles17 said:
ya... we have umm...like 4-5 ipods in this house (and there are only two of us haha!!), so yes you can put your songs from your itunes onto his ipod. The only way you can't transfer is from ipod to ipod. Wish I could sometimes. CAuse I have music on my old one (1st ipod ever made...aka "the brick") and I can't move them to my new one the 1st nano made cause the songs won't go and they all went away when my first computer crashed :( oh wells. But my DH and share songs and always take each others music. He also gets a lot of stuff from his co-workers! :)
Erin-- There is software (sorry, I don't remember the name of it) that will allow you to copy music FROM an iPod to iTunes on your computer. Then you can just sinc it to your other 'Pod. That's what I did when I upgraded my Mac.

Gill, glad I checked this thread since you hijacked your own, lol! Your kids are so cute. My daughters' dance recital is on Mother's day; they're so excited too. Your kids are so cute; & I can see why you're ready! Hopefully you can hang on for a couple more weeks!

chefann said:
Erin-- There is software (sorry, I don't remember the name of it) that will allow you to copy music FROM an iPod to iTunes on your computer. Then you can just sinc it to your other 'Pod. That's what I did when I upgraded my Mac.
The program is Senuti..... iTunes spelled backwords:)Gillian - CUTE PICS!! Good luck :)

Thanks for the software info Jennifer! Is is free or do you have to buy it?

I gave DH his iPod yesterday and he wasn't as excited as I thought he would be. So if I started another iTunes account for him then he couldn't get my TV shows unless I copied them with the software, correct?? I am sorry- for a 22 year old I am like a Grandma when it comes to this "new technology" LOL!!

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks for the software info Jennifer! Is is free or do you have to buy it?I gave DH his iPod yesterday and he wasn't as excited as I thought he would be. So if I started another iTunes account for him then he couldn't get my TV shows unless I copied them with the software, correct?? I am sorry- for a 22 year old I am like a Grandma when it comes to this "new technology" LOL!!
It's free! You can download it here: http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/.I am sorry that he wasn't as excited!! If I had kids, I don't think I would be on the up-and-up of all of the new technology either :)

Thanks- If you ever need help installing batteries in an Elmo toy let me know :D

Gill,

You can indicate in iTunes that items are allowed on another computer. You shouldn't need to specify if you're putting them on another 'Pod that's using the same computer to sync. Of course, as soon as I say that, someone will prove me wrong. (DH and I have separate computers and 'Pods for our stuff, and neither of us have Video iPods.)

Related to Father's Day Gift Woes: Can I Put Music on Two iPods?

1. Can I transfer music from one iPod to another?

Yes, you can transfer music from one iPod to another using iTunes. Simply connect both iPods to your computer, select the songs you want to transfer, and click on the "Sync" button.

2. Can I put different music on each iPod?

Yes, you can put different music on each iPod. Just make sure to select the specific songs or playlists you want to sync with each device in iTunes.

3. Is there a limit to how many iPods I can sync with my computer?

No, there is no limit to the number of iPods you can sync with your computer. However, keep in mind that the more devices you have, the longer the syncing process may take.

4. Can I use a different computer to sync music on my iPod?

Yes, you can use a different computer to sync music on your iPod. However, the new computer will need to have iTunes installed and you may be prompted to erase all existing content on your iPod before syncing with the new computer.

5. Can I transfer music from an old iPod to a new one?

Yes, you can transfer music from an old iPod to a new one. You can use third-party software or follow the steps outlined by Apple to transfer music from one iPod to another.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Yakmama
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • esavvymom