• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warning Hosts About Ipad/Ipod Touch Orders?

iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone. It's been frustrating because I've run into the same problem with friends and it would be really helpful to have a guide or a FAQ on how to order online if I'm not going to be able to enter the host's name.I contacted tech support about this issue and everyone affected should as well. The first guy said it was Apple not supporting flash. Another tech indicated that they are working in something. If they hear from enough of us they will make the changes.
babywings76
Gold Member
iPod Touch/iPad's don't allow people to put in the host's name. Last time I tried, every which way didn't work. I've ran across this a couple times with people, so I'm wondering if I should add it in my host coaching e-mails. I just hate to bring up negative things or make it seem complicated for people to order online, so I'm just not sure if I should address this issue upfront or later if it comes into play. I just wonder if the time I don't tell someone is the time that they have a friend try to order something and it ends up being an individual order by accident.

Interesting! I've had people tell me they never saw a place to enter the host's name and figured they were just somehow missing it.
Have you asked the Tech department to confirm if it's a known issue?

What's weird- I just tried this. I was able to enter a host name ok. BUT, on my main page, you do not see the top bar of links, nor do I see the lower left image that says "SHOP ONLINE". I was able to click on the larger image that links to the HWC stuff. That's how I got to the product page, then clicked on "How to Purchase", where I was then able to enter my host name (me). I'm on the product pages, but still do not see any of the top links that are at the very top.I would say it's because of the Flash Limitations you have with Apple products (Ipod/iPad). So it's a valid warning to say that due to some browser limitations, the website may not work quite right in an Apple Device.And if that's the case, it's nothing Tech Support can do about it unless they changed the format of the website completely. And we know THAT's not going to happen. ;)

Yes, it's because Apple products don't have the Flash Player capabilities or whatever you call it. It's the same reason that other websites don't fully load on those devices as well.

esavvymom said:
What's weird- I just tried this. I was able to enter a host name ok. BUT, on my main page, you do not see the top bar of links, nor do I see the lower left image that says "SHOP ONLINE". I was able to click on the larger image that links to the HWC stuff. That's how I got to the product page, then clicked on "How to Purchase", where I was then able to enter my host name (me). I'm on the product pages, but still do not see any of the top links that are at the very top.

I would say it's because of the Flash Limitations you have with Apple products (Ipod/iPad). So it's a valid warning to say that due to some browser limitations, the website may not work quite right in an Apple Device.

And if that's the case, it's nothing Tech Support can do about it unless they changed the format of the website completely. And we know THAT's not going to happen. ;)

I have contacted tech support about this issue and everyone affected should as well. The first guy said it was Apple not supporting flash. Another tech indicated that they are working in something. If they hear from enough of us they will make the changes. A lot of people are moving to tablets and they don't want to lose them. I pointed out that there is a link on the HWC area on our websites that doesn't require flash so why not have that kind of link up there all the time for ordering in addition to the flash.

Make suggestions. They listen.

It's not an Apple thing but an Ipad thing - I have no problems on my Mac but yes, the Ipad doesn't support flash player.

wadesgirl said:
It's not an Apple thing but an Ipad thing - I have no problems on my Mac but yes, the Ipad doesn't support flash player.

Yes, thanks for clarifying that. It's not all Apple products (I have a MacBook Pro and LOVE it!) What I meant by it's Apple is that iPhones, iPod Touch, and iPads won't support flash player, but some of the tablets and phones out there from other companies (like those with the Droid system) do support flash player and their devices might work okay.

it's an "Apple problem" in that the Mac/Apple company won't change how they work with the Adobe/Flash software. But yes- product specific to the portable devices.

I have only recently (last couple months or so) have experienced all the above issues on my Android phone. I use it for everything other than submitting orders for obvious reasons. But I was thinking my flash player was out of date too, but I can see other flash pages...?????

esavvymom said:
it's an "Apple problem" in that the Mac/Apple company won't change how they work with the Adobe/Flash software. But yes- product specific to the portable devices.

Yes but if you approach the host as "this is a problem with Apple" they may think they can't place orders on their laptops. Personally I'm not going to fret over it. I've had a few customers who have contacted me personally after not figuring out how to order online. There are other ways for them to order if they can't get it to work.

it is always nice to talk to your customers personally!

1. Can I use my iPad/iPod Touch to place an order as a host?

Yes, as a host, you can use your iPad or iPod Touch to place an order for your Pampered Chef party. Simply log in to your consultant account through the Pampered Chef app or website and place your order like you would on a computer.

2. Can I use my iPad/iPod Touch to redeem host rewards?

Yes, you can use your iPad or iPod Touch to redeem your host rewards. Just make sure to log in to your consultant account and select the option to redeem your rewards when placing your order.

3. Do I need to download a specific app to place an order on my iPad/iPod Touch?

No, you do not need to download a specific app to place an order on your iPad or iPod Touch. You can simply log in to your consultant account through your preferred internet browser and place your order as usual.

4. Are there any limitations when using an iPad/iPod Touch to place an order?

There are no limitations when using an iPad or iPod Touch to place an order. You will have access to all of the products and features available on the Pampered Chef website.

5. Can I use my iPad/iPod Touch to track my order and delivery status?

Yes, you can use your iPad or iPod Touch to track your order and delivery status. Simply log in to your consultant account and select the "My Orders" section to view the status of your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • amgreen66