• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Figuing Out Host Discounts and Orders?

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of calculating discounts and host specials for a catalog show. The speaker's recruiter suggests using P3 to input orders and calculate the host's benefits. However, the speaker does not have a laptop available while at the host's house. The conversation also mentions closing shows over the phone and having guests write checks to the host. The host's benefits are based on sales, not order totals, and can include free products, half-price items, and discounts. The Pampered Partner Plus software can assist with calculating these benefits.
luvmypomeranian
My first show is a catalog show and it is underway now. My host lives about 45 minutes away. I am going to go pick up all the orders, so we wanted to be able to do her host order when I pick up everything. My recruiter said that its easy to figure out and calculate her discounts and host specials after I input all the other orders into P3. However.....I dont have a laptop to be able to do that while I am at my host's house. Is it fairly simple to just add up all the order totals and figure the host's discounts?

How do you normally do the host's discounts on their order?

I was supposed to have had my new consultant training and time to talk face to face with my recruiter to help me learn all this...but my host decided she wants to close this show on Sunday........bc several of the people ordering are ordering apple peelers and have apples to peel and can and they wanted their products as soon as I could get it done!

I actually close all shows over the phone so I'm in front of my computer. No sense of you driving 45 minutes to close a show (that 1 1/2 hours drive time!). I know that may not help with this show, especially if the host has checks wrote out to you but it might later. For all catalog shows and orders after the actual kitchen shows, I have the guests write the checks to the host. She gives me one large payment over the phone with her debit card or credit card.

Exactly what I do wadesgirl. If they want to meet up, I have them come to me. You could have her give you item numbers and such over the phone for all of the orders so that you can have the totals for each person and an idea of what she is earning free. Even if you have to add a few up when you get there it won't be a huge deal.
I am thankful that my aunt gave me an old laptop about a month or so before I started my business. It is slow, but is such a lifesaver. DH bought me more memory after I hit 1250.

Hi Luv...if you want to close with your host, just use the chart in the back of the catalog.

She can get ONE of the monthly host specials, a "free product" dollar amount according to the chart, a certain number of 1/2 price items according to the chart, and a discount on all other purchases, according to the chart. She can also get the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for $39.50, and the monthly GUEST special too if her purchase before tax is over $60. She gets free shipping on her order too! Wow... the host makes out like a bandit ;)

Keep in mind that host special and the 1/2 price items do not get the additional discount.

I would let the host know that you're new and if the total comes out differently when you are at your computer, that you will give her a call! Have fun!

Last edited:
Also remember that her benefits are based on SALES, not the order totals. You just need to add up the product total NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING AND TAX to get the guest sales amount. Then her benefits will be based on that!

Thanks. I think I can get it all strait using the charts. Luckily this host is a good friend of mine so she won't mind if it takes me a few minutes to figure it out!

But, if let say she gets $20 in free product, .....do I just deduct that off her total? Because what if she wanted something that cost $18 for her free product....she'd have $2 left over. So essentially, do you just take the amount off her total order to get her amount to pay?

Pampered Partner Plus will figure it all out for you... how much free product the host receives, their discount and half price items... so you just enter all of their orders and then their order and it will calculate it all for you.

luvmypomeranian said:
Thanks. I think I can get it all strait using the charts. Luckily this host is a good friend of mine so she won't mind if it takes me a few minutes to figure it out!But, if let say she gets $20 in free product, .....do I just deduct that off her total? Because what if she wanted something that cost $18 for her free product....she'd have $2 left over. So essentially, do you just take the amount off her total order to get her amount to pay?
Have her list out her items. Usually- it works best to take the most expensive items and make the her "half price items" (if she qualifies for any ($300 or more in sales). Then, take the remaining items. So if she has $20 in Free Product due, and she has only $2 still remaining free, yes. She can either pick something else for $2, or for more than that. Let's say she picked a $8 item. Subtract the $2 remaining Free from the $8...leaving $6. NOW- THAT part is going to be discounted her Host Discount level- I think that's 20% (I don't have hte chart in front of me). So 20% off of $6 - leaves $4.80.$4.80+ whatever her half-price item $ is (say it was a $20 item, she pays $10) = $14.80 Then you calculate the sales tax and that's it!Don't forget, if she wants the Monthly Host Special...add that in also before calculating sales tax. No Host discount taken on the Half-Price or Host Special Items....I bet that is now as "clear as mud!"(tip- save some commission money and shop for an inexpensive laptop! Or close over the phone while in front of your computer! It will save you alot of headache!!)

I like to close in person. I've attached the sheet I use--my Party Calculation Sheet. It helps me keep everything straight. To help the host figure out how she* wants to use her host benefits, I leave the attached Benefits Calculation Sheet with hosts of live shows. As I leave I mark which level they're at, explain how much more they need to get to the next 2 levels, and mark those. Most of the time I arrive to close with hosts who have things well figured out.*I'm using the female pronoun because that's accurate for most of my hosts. However, this would work for most men, too. ;)

Attachments

• Party Calculation Sheet - Newx.pdf
    9 KB · Views: 512
  • Benefits Explanation Sheet.pdf
    8.8 KB · Views: 455
Thanks raebates for those sheets! That is a great way to lay it all out and see it.And I do plan on saving up some commission money and buy myself a laptop for Christmas.

luvmypomeranian said:
Thanks raebates for those sheets! That is a great way to lay it all out and see it.

And I do plan on saving up some commission money and buy myself a laptop for Christmas.

Don't forget, it would be tax deductible.

1. How do I calculate my host discount?

To calculate your host discount, you will need to add up the total sales from your party and multiply it by the discount percentage offered by Pampered Chef for that month. This will give you the total amount of your host discount.

2. Can I use my host discount on any item?

Yes, you can use your host discount on any item available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, certain items may be excluded from host discounts due to promotional offers or other restrictions.

3. When will I receive my host discount?

You will receive your host discount once your party has closed and all orders have been processed. This typically takes 2-3 weeks after your party date. Your host discount will be applied as a credit towards your order.

4. Can I combine my host discount with other offers or discounts?

In most cases, host discounts cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. However, there may be certain promotions or specials where this is allowed. Please check with your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

5. Is there a limit to how much I can save with my host discount?

There is no limit to how much you can save with your host discount. The more sales you generate at your party, the higher your discount percentage will be, resulting in greater savings for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
Replies
Views
grgann
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies