• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Cooking Show Ideas for Busy Hosts

In summary, the conversation discussed different ways to do mini cooking shows or demonstrations, such as the "Yak & Snack" and "Express Show" methods. The hosts suggested making easy and quick recipes, such as the S'more Cups from the Simply Sweet cookbook, which were a hit with guests. They also shared tips for making and serving the S'more Cups, such as using a creme brulee torch to toast the marshmallows and placing them in a Cool & Serve Tray for chilling. Some also suggested using melted chocolate in a piping bag for easier dipping.
taraspampered
Hi guys, I was just wondering if instead of doing a full on cooking show, anyone does a sort of mini cooking show. I saw some people do martini shows. anything else kind of like that? I'm looking for something for potential hosts who wither don't have time for a full cooking show or just don't want to be bothered with it. Thanks

Re: Mini-show?I do what I call a Yak & Snack. I bring something already made. I speak for no more than 20 minutes, going over the special, the newest products, and quick recruiting and booking info. That's it. I suggest this for groups that are really familiar with PC.I also do open houses. For these I again bring something already made. I set up a display. When people arrive I offer a kit that includes only the catalog, special, and order form. I'm there to answer questions. I've had these open for as little as an hour and for as long as 4 hours, depending on the host.

Re: Mini-show?Rae, my Express Show is similar to your Yak and Snack, except I make the item or two at the hosts' before guests arrive. So many really love this for those that have been to a lot of PC parties. Sales are still very, very good!

Re: Mini-show?I've had great success with it. Yak & Snack is just a fun way for me to describe it.

Re: Mini-show?That's exactly what I was loooking for. What do you guys usually make?

Re: Mini-show?It depends. For the remainder of July and August I'm planning to make S'more Cups.

Re: Mini-show?Thank you for the great idea. I work full time and usually do my shows on Saturdays and Sundays. But now that I am stepping up my biz I wanted to be able to offer an "Express show" for week nights because everyone is so busy! I cannot wait to promote it.

Re: Mini-show?I don't have the cookbook with the S'more cup recipe... care to describe? sounds yummy! Because of the august and july guest thing, a lot of ppl were doing dips and cream cheeses with the sauce on bamboo to let ppl graze and taste everything. i was going to do this for an express show or an office show, but both cancelled... boo

Re: Mini-show?S'more Cups6 T butter
7 whole graham crackers
1/4 c powdered sugar
6 regular Hershey Bars, broken into individual rectangles
12 marshmallows, cut in half across the middlePreheat oven to 350F. Melt the butter. Crush the graham crackers. Mix the butter, graham crackers, and powdered sugar. Place a scant small scoop in each well of the Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan. Use the Tart Shaper to tamp the graham mixture firmly into cups. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cups start to sizzle around the edge.Place one rectangle of chocolate into each cup. Top with half of a marshmallow, cut side down. Return to oven for 1 to 2 minutes, or until marshmallow is soft. Remove to cooling rack for 15 minutes. Pop the cups out and place them on a cooling rack until completely cooled.Melt remaining chocolate. Dip the top of each cup in the melted chocolate. Note: by whole graham crackers they mean a rectangle made up of 4 sections. I found that some of the grahams I bought were packaged in squares made up of 2 sections.

Re: Mini-show?That sounds amazing!!!! I'm going to make that just for me!!

Re: Mini-show?This sound so good -- I'm going to make them for my Customer/Host Appreciation event on Sept. 1. Thanks!

Re: Mini-show?what cookbook is this from?
Thanks!

Re: Mini-show?It's in the newest dessert cookbook, Simply Sweet.

Re: Mini-show?S'more cups are a HUGE hit with my customers. If I do it at shows, I just don't dip the tops in chocolate (since they take too long to cool). Sometimes, if I'm feeling adventurous, I toast the tops with my creme brulee torch!

Re: Mini-show?S'more cups are GREAT! They have been very popular with my guests and friends/family. When I make them to take somewhere, I put them in my Cool & Serve Tray and they are really good chilled!

Re: Mini-show?I had a problem dipping the smores. I am thinking of putting the chocolate into a bag, melting, then piping it on top.

Re: Mini-show?That is a great idea! I was pondering the "melted chocolate" issue today. Thanks!

1. What are some quick and easy appetizers that can be made during a Mini Cooking Show?

Some quick and easy appetizers that can be made during a Mini Cooking Show include bruschetta, mini quiches, and cheese and fruit skewers. These recipes can be prepared in advance and assembled quickly during the show.

2. Can you suggest some main dishes that can be made during a Mini Cooking Show?

Some main dishes that can be made during a Mini Cooking Show include one-pot meals like stir-fries, pasta dishes, and casseroles. These dishes are simple to prepare and can be made in large batches to feed a crowd.

3. Are there any dessert recipes that can be made quickly during a Mini Cooking Show?

Yes, there are several dessert recipes that can be made quickly during a Mini Cooking Show. Some ideas include no-bake cheesecake, chocolate-covered fruit, and mini pies made with pre-made crusts.

4. How can I make my Mini Cooking Show interactive for my guests?

To make your Mini Cooking Show interactive, you can have your guests participate in the preparation of the dishes. Assign tasks to different guests, such as chopping vegetables or mixing ingredients, and have them help you during the cooking process.

5. Can you provide tips for organizing a successful Mini Cooking Show?

To organize a successful Mini Cooking Show, make sure to plan your menu and prep ingredients in advance. Set up a designated cooking area with all the necessary tools and ingredients. Also, make sure to engage with your guests and have fun while cooking together!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies