• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Clearing Cookies: Solving Your Website Viewing Issues

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of cookies and how they automatically redirect the speaker to a specific host's section. They mention the difficulty in accessing the Outlet section and the possible solution of clearing cookies. They also talk about the Super Swats being listed on the outlet section and the possibility of them being sold out. They also mention the issue of being logged into a host's page and the solution of logging out and logging back in.
ChefNic
Ok...I'm not real computer saavy...but my husband HAS taught me a bit about cookies...

when I check out a hosts guest list...etc... then later I go to 'View My Website" to see things...it automatically takes me to THAT host's section.

So like if I want to see the Outlet section...I can't...it takes me to my last host's section...

Guess I need to ask hubby how to clear cookies...

Do you all have this problem?

And I just looked on CC at the outlet section (under Samples)...and the SUPER SWAT is on there (LOVE IT) but I can't scroll to the bottom to read how much ... it was like $4.75 full price... Just strange that I can't scroll all the way to the bottom...

If I remember correctly, I got them for $2. But funny thing...if you go to your personal website and try to look at the Outlet there...the Super Swats are not listed...wonder if they sold out?

Ginny

Hmmm...maybe the just put them on there? and it isn't showing up on there for guests yet???

G'morning!!! ...course you're in CA...I'm in SC...it's 1am here!! LOL

ChefNic said:
Ok...I'm not real computer saavy...but my husband HAS taught me a bit about cookies...when I check out a hosts guest list...etc... then later I go to 'View My Website" to see things...it automatically takes me to THAT host's section.So like if I want to see the Outlet section...I can't...it takes me to my last host's section...Guess I need to ask hubby how to clear cookies...Do you all have this problem?And I just looked on CC at the outlet section (under Samples)...and the SUPER SWAT is on there (LOVE IT) but I can't scroll to the bottom to read how much ... it was like $4.75 full price... Just strange that I can't scroll all the way to the bottom...
I've had it keep me logged into a host's page after setting it up in CC, too. Usually, just logging out and logging in clears the cookies and gets me back to normal.Well, as normal as I usually am, anyway.

What are cookies and why do I need to clear them?

Cookies are small pieces of data stored by a website on your computer. They contain information such as login details, preferences, and shopping cart items. Clearing cookies can solve issues with website viewing, as it removes any outdated or corrupted data that may be causing problems.

How do I clear cookies on my browser?

The process of clearing cookies varies depending on the browser you are using. In most cases, you can access the clear cookies option by going to the browser's settings or preferences menu. You can also use the shortcut keys "Ctrl + Shift + Delete" on Windows or "Command + Shift + Delete" on Mac to bring up the clear browsing data menu.

Will clearing cookies delete my saved login information?

Yes, clearing cookies will remove any saved login information. This means that you will need to enter your login details again the next time you visit the website. However, some browsers allow you to selectively delete cookies, so you can choose to keep certain login information while clearing the rest.

Can clearing cookies improve website loading speed?

Yes, clearing cookies can improve website loading speed. As cookies store data that websites need to load, clearing them can help the website load fresh data, potentially speeding up the process. However, it is not the only factor that affects website loading speed, so clearing cookies may not always result in a noticeable difference.

Do I need to clear cookies regularly?

It is not necessary to clear cookies regularly unless you are experiencing issues with website viewing. Clearing cookies can also log you out of websites and delete your preferences, so it is not recommended to do it frequently. However, if you are using a public computer or shared device, it is a good practice to clear cookies after each use for security reasons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views