• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal

In summary, this email is a fraud. Do not click on any links in the email. If you have a PayPal account, be sure to update your billing information.
Kitchen2u
If you have a PayPal account ~ the message below is a FRAUD! I called to confirm with PayPal, "yes, it's NOT from PayPal"

My 1st reaction was "oh, I better do this..." because it looks so real ~ check out the email address! But luckily, I remembered the email address it came to is NOT the email asscoiated with PayPal!

Beware! Don't click on it, never know what it will do to you PC...but the source will have your credit card info!

Unfortunatey here...it loses the LOOK of the email...it looks REAL.

~ Ginny

EMAIL RECEIVED BELOW:

From: "PayPal" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Important Notification from Resolution Center
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:55:29 +0300

Place or Update Credit Card on File

Dear PayPal Customer ,

This is your final warning about the safety of your PayPal account. If you do not update your billing informations your access on PayPal features will be restricted and the user deleted. This might be due to either following reasons:

- A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address)
- Submiting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
- An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due an internal error within
our processors.

Please update your PayPal profile in order to restore your online access:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/ema/index-outside

If your account information is not updated, your ability to use your PayPal account will become restricted.

Thank you,
PayPal Billing Department

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal treats your perxsonal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. PayPal will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your PayPal password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.

This PayPal notice was sent to you based on your PayPal account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your noxtificaxtion preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2007 PayPal Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
PayPal and the PayPal logo are trademarks of PayPal Inc.

Remember, PayPal will always use your full name in an email. If you're ever in doubt about the veracity of a message that purports to be from PayPal, DON'T click on any links. Instead, open a browser window and type www.paypal.com, and then log into your account.

To report phishing or other scam PayPal email, forward them to [email protected].

I've gotten these before...forward them to [email protected].
Usually the web address is not paypal.com, tho, when I follow the link which is the first clue that it is spam.

Never click on a link in an e-mail for any credit card company, ebay or pay pal etc. Go directly to your account and long in with our password information.

I had someone post e-bay auction items with my account. Not sure what they were going to do because it should have gone to my paypal accoutn which has a different password. My ebay accoutn password was changed etc. E-Bay found something was amiss, removed the items, notified me and I reset my password. Of course they want to use my account I have a 100% positive feedback.

I have gotten these many times. So has my husband. Just send to the email Ann said.

Yep, I get these on a regular basis. I have sent several to [email protected] and they just send a generic reply letter. What is odd is that I get them as soon as I make a purchase.

I've gotten these several times. Other than deleting them I didn't know what to do. I'll definitely send them to [email protected].

It is very convincing. I received one stating that a recent purchase could not be completed without updating my paypal account. I hadn't purchased anything. I questionned my son and husband if they had placed an order. They hadn't either.

Dearest Friend,Your name has been given to me as a trustworthy soul. I am a former army general in Nigeria, falsely imprisoned since 1962. I have 22 million American dollars tied up in a bank and only you can help me free my [stolen] money. I wil give you $6 million American as a reward. Please send me your bank account number so I can wire the funds directly from...er...to your account.(Signed) General Data Error

I get these too. My boss gets them in his email and does not even have a Paypal account - yes I check his mail he does not have a clue how to turn the computer on must less check email! ha!

1. What is the "Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal" scam?

The "Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal" scam is a fraudulent email that appears to be from Paypal, but is actually sent by scammers. The email typically informs recipients that their account has been compromised or that there is an issue with their payment, and asks them to click on a link or provide personal information to resolve the issue. However, the link leads to a fake website that will steal the user's login credentials or personal information.

2. How can I identify a "Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal" email?

There are a few red flags that can help you identify a "Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal" email. These include: generic greetings such as "Dear Customer" instead of your name, urgent or threatening language, requests for personal information or login credentials, and suspicious links or attachments. It's important to always check the sender's email address and verify the information with Paypal directly before taking any action.

3. What should I do if I receive a "Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal" email?

If you receive a suspicious email claiming to be from Paypal, do not click on any links or provide any personal information. Instead, forward the email to [email protected] and then delete it from your inbox. You can also report the email to Paypal's customer service team for further investigation.

4. How can I protect myself from falling for the "Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal" scam?

To protect yourself from falling for the "Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal" scam, it's important to be cautious and vigilant when it comes to your emails. Never click on suspicious links or attachments, and always verify information directly with Paypal before taking any action. You can also enable two-factor authentication on your Paypal account for an extra layer of security.

5. Has Paypal been made aware of the "Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal" scam?

Yes, Paypal is aware of the "Warning ! ! ! Fraud Email Looks Like From Paypal" scam and has taken steps to warn users and protect them from falling for it. However, scammers are constantly coming up with new tactics, so it's important to always be cautious and report any suspicious emails to Paypal for further investigation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • rwesterpchef
  • General Chat
Replies