• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Suspicious PayPal Email Scams - Protect Your Account Now

In summary, PayPal has limited access to the account of Heather Isackson due to an unauthorized credit card use. The case number is PP-609-340-702. To restore access, please login and follow the instructions provided.
heat123
Silver Member
Just had this sent to my email and it looked suspicious so I logged onto paypal directly and asked if this was sent from them, they said NO! Just wanted you all to be aware of these kinds of emails! Here was the memo that was sent to me...

Notification of Limited Account Access

Dear Heather Isackson,
As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. We recently contacted you after noticing an issue on your account.We requested information from you for the following reason:

We recently received a report of unauthorized credit card use associated with this account. As a precaution, we have limited access to your PayPal account in order to protect against future unauthorized transactions.

Case ID Number: PP-609-340-702

In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement, your account access will remain limited until the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, if access to your account remains limited for an extended period of time, it may result in further limitations or eventual account closure. We encourage you to follow our verification procedure as soon as possible to help avoid this.

Click here to login and restore your account access

Once you log in, you will be provided with steps to restore your account access. We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure account safety.

This is a final reminder to log in to PayPal as soon as possible.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal Email ID PP638

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

PayPal Email ID PP638

Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites

To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your account, open a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL (https://www.paypal.com/row/) to be sure you are on the real PayPal site.

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review our Security Tips at https://www.paypal.com/row/securitytips

Protect Your Password
You should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.

This is an example of something called "phishing." The email purports to be from credit unions, banks, pay pal or other financial institution. Why?Because the phishers often find people dumb enough to bite and get hooked.'nuff said.

Wow! Thanks for the info!

Just delete it along with all the other spam and phish messages. Don't report it, don't complain about it, just dump it.

Whenever you run your mouse over the link that says "click here to login" make sure the link at the bottom of your browser looks like- www.paypal.com/... NOT - /www.212.050.424.585.353.paypal.com This is how you will know if the link comes directly from the company or is being hijacked by a 3rd party routing or phishing site.

I got one like this from Ebay a while back. I reported it to Ebay. Of course, it wasn't theirs. Those kinds of email scare me. You don't know who might not realize and give their information.

Yeah all you have to do is hover over it and see if it is actually FROM paypal. I hate that stupid stuff!

My husband, God love him, fell for one of these and entered all his information into the bogus site, hit and submit... and THEN got suspicious. The page SAID it couldn't be submitted... but we were never sure if THAT was bogus too.We had to put fraud alerts on his credit reports, cancel the credit card he'd entered... it was a total pain.They never used his info. We got LUCKY.

I get them from Paypal and Ebay all the time. Just delete them!

This same thing happened to me a few months ago. I believed it at first then immediately changed my user name and password. I sent a note to e-bay and they said it was fraud. They put a watch on my account.

If you get a phishing expedition once and awhile, you have no idea what spam really is.My website is currently under siege from someone selling mobile home insurance. Yup, that's right, trailer park insurance. At least 25 messages a day purporting to be real comments to my blog with a return address of [email protected]If you only get one of these once and awhile, consider yourself lucky.

When DH and I set my in-laws up with internet and email access we told them a few rules. One was to NEVER click on a link in an email, no matter who it looks like it came from. That was easier to tell them than to try to explain phishing. And my MIL is the type who would click through and enter info, even when it "came" from a bank where she doesn't have an account.

I've got an email address for a car club (I'm the membership chair) posted on our website. And I get oodles of things that I KNOW are from spambots. Gack! Luckily, it isn't my actual address posted, it's a club address, that then just redirects to mine.

Oh- and another dead giveaway that these types of notes aren't real is when it starts out with "Dear [site] member," instead of using your name. If it were truly from PayPal, they would use your name, since they have that from when you register.

Let me give that address to the mobile home insurance 'bot. Maybe he'll leave me alone then.

Noooo!!!!!
I swear, KG, do that and I will hunt you down....
And force you to drive a poorly-styled foreign car!

That would be worse than drinking Citroenella.

I have gotten many of these emails from "e-bay" and "paypal". My favorite one came from my bank. They wanted to verify my information regarding my account. I just dump them and run.

Tracy

I like the letters like that from banks I've never heard of.

I get these a lot from supposedly "paypal", "ebay", and now the credit card companies so beware of emails that look like they are from your cc company asking you to verify something. It has slowed down over the last couple of months but last fall I would get them everyday.

I've found that I get much less of this mail on my gmail account than on any of my other email addys.At first I thought that it was just because they hadn't found that addy, then I checked the spam folder on the account, and there they were! Their filter is really, really, really, good!

I get these all the time. It seems though it's always at the email that is not listed with Paypal.

I get these all the time and report them. However just last week I received one from my bank. I knew it was not really them. I reported them as well. I have been paying close attention to my bank account online since then.

I really hate...The emails I get from foreign people telling me they have millions of dollars to deposit and need my account information to get it to me. And if i can help them I will be given a large lump sum. All I need to do is send some money for something or another.
So many people fall for that and it was recently discovered to be part of a huge scam in Africa or some other foreign nation. They busted a bunch of people around computers scamming people in the US. My mother gives me all the news updates since I don't watch TV. I just log onto CNN.com to find out about recent news every now and then.
That's so sad that so many people want to get rich quick and that's their problem, greed over common sense.

Debbie :D

1. What is a suspicious PayPal email scam?

A suspicious PayPal email scam is a fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information, such as login credentials or financial information, by posing as a legitimate email from PayPal. These scams often include urgent requests to update your account information or claim that your account has been compromised.

2. How can I protect my PayPal account from these scams?

To protect your PayPal account from these scams, it is important to never click on links or attachments in suspicious emails. Instead, go directly to the PayPal website and log in to your account to check for any important notifications. You can also enable two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security.

3. What should I do if I receive a suspicious PayPal email?

If you receive a suspicious PayPal email, do not respond to it or provide any personal information. Instead, forward the email to PayPal at [email protected] and delete it from your inbox. PayPal will investigate the email and take necessary actions to protect your account.

4. How can I spot a suspicious PayPal email?

Suspicious PayPal emails often have spelling and grammar errors, urgent language, and a generic greeting instead of your name. They may also contain links that do not lead to the official PayPal website. Always check the sender's email address and hover over any links to ensure they are legitimate before clicking on them.

5. Can I report suspicious PayPal emails to anyone?

Yes, you can report suspicious PayPal emails to PayPal at [email protected]. You can also report them to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at ftc.gov/complaint. Reporting these scams can help prevent others from falling victim to them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • KimmyDarling