• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Apology: Virus Sent Through Facebook Network

In summary, the person got an email saying that their Facebook account had been hacked, and that they needed to change their password. They checked their computer for viruses and found that they were safe, but changed their password as instructed.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I got an email through the Facebook network from someone who used to be on here who is my friend on Facebook. It was a virus. It was sent to everyone in her friend list. Apparently everyone on my friend list got one from me right after I messaged her asking what she meant.

I am so sorry!

A little while ago I got this email from Facebook:

We have detected suspicious activity on your Facebook account and have reset your password as a security precaution. It is possible that malicious software was downloaded to your computer or that your password was stolen by a phishing website designed to look like Facebook.

They also sent a link to anti-virus software for both PC's and macs and reset my password. I chose to use our own software to check my computer and when it is done I will change my password. I have to use the link in the email to do that because I have no clue what they reset my password to. They claim that once I do that my site will be secure.

I would suggest that if you got a wierd message from me via facebook you check your computer for viruses and it wouldn't hurt to change your password. I am very careful with what sites I open and truly never thought this was suspicious. If something confuses you IGNORE it - no report it and DELETE it.

Hmmm....this sounds like they want you to click on the link to take you to a "page" where you will have to type in your "old" password....then they will have it...

I would contact Facebook directly and ask them before I go clicking on any links in an e-mail. They must have "Contact Us" info somewhere on their site.

I would check with FB too! I had a screen that came up that looked like my system was crashing and that if I clicked ok that Microsoft would correct it. It loaded a Malware thingy on my computer instead. I did Google it at work and was able to get a free software download to get rid of it. I was highly infected (I feel so violated and dirty!!!)

Check it out before you go too much further!

Too late. I did use my own software to scan the computer and it was fine.

They had said they changed the password and I could not get into facebook so I did click on the link. It asked for my email and "new" password. I changed the password again when I got into facebook so I should be good.

I have had that happen twice and got the same message from facebook. At least they are watching for weird stuff and trying to help us out by catching it, sometimes even before we do. Glad you didn't have a virus!!

I got an email from facebook a month or so ago telling me to watch out for something like that - that it wasn't from them and not to do anything with it if I did get it.

This was a story on the Today Show this morning that thousands of people on FB were hacked. FB is working on it...

What is "My Apology: Virus Sent Through Facebook Network"?

"My Apology: Virus Sent Through Facebook Network" is a malicious computer virus that has been circulating on Facebook. It is designed to steal personal information and spread itself to other users through the Facebook network.

How does the virus spread?

The virus is typically spread through Facebook messages or posts that appear to be from a friend. These messages will often include a link that, when clicked on, will download the virus onto the user's computer.

What are the effects of the virus?

The virus can steal personal information, such as login credentials and credit card numbers, from the infected computer. It can also spread itself to other users through the Facebook network, potentially causing widespread damage.

How can I protect myself from the virus?

To protect yourself from this virus, it is important to always be cautious when clicking on links or opening messages from unknown sources on Facebook. It is also recommended to have up-to-date antivirus software installed on your computer.

What should I do if I think I have been infected?

If you think you have been infected with the "My Apology" virus, you should immediately run a full virus scan on your computer. You should also change your Facebook password and watch for any suspicious activity on your account. If the virus has already spread to your friends, make sure to let them know so they can take necessary precautions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • pamperedlinda