• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Folders at Shows: Labels and Info?

I like what you are doing with the folders- handing them out at the beginning of the demo. I also like the idea of including a mini catalog in each folder. I usually have a few people come by my booth and ask about the folders after getting a catalog. I also try to remember to tell people to keep the folders to have a place for their receipts.
jrny2001
Silver Member
For those that use guest folders at their shows, do you put any labels or info on them?
I have made and used the lap boards and they worked really well, but they are soooo heavy to carry - esp. now with snow & ice on the ground.

I want to try the folder thing and allow the guests to take them home to keep their recipts safe (for returns and such). My question is, what do you put in the folders and what do you put on them as far as information (name & phone number of course:D )

On the tab part - I put a small Pampered Chef sticker (from Nancys, but I think Merrills has them too) and a label with all of my contact info. That's all I put on mine.

I use folders at my shows, but I reuse them, so I collect them when I'm done. In each folder I put a catalog and order form in one side and in the other side I put a flyer about fundraising and wedding showers (each with my name and number on them.) Sometimes I'll include another flyer or two if I'm running any other sales or specials. If anyone wants to take any of the flyers home I definately let them. I just keep the folders and put in new order forms and replace any missing flyers before the next show. Hope that helps a little!

Mine are just manila file folders - not 2 pocket folders....

I also use the manila folder. I put inside a wish list and a index card with I print a survey/information form on and trade each guest for a catalog and order form later once the index card is filled out. Does anyone else not pass out catalogs right away or do you ? This was a tip my director gave me, but I haven't tried anything else.

K_Jurich said:
I also use the manila folder. I put inside a wish list and a index card with I print a survey/information form on and trade each guest for a catalog and order form later once the index card is filled out. Does anyone else not pass out catalogs right away or do you ? This was a tip my director gave me, but I haven't tried anything else.

I always hand out catalogs first thing. I've been to other DS shows where I didn't get a catalog until the end, and it really ticked me off! I have them fill out the top part of the guest care card at the beginning of the show, and then at the end, we go over the questions together, and they fill out the rest then.

I was thinking the same thing but I guess the point my director made was that if you hand them out then no one listens to you because they are looking at the catalog. So I am really on the fence about this. I have a show tonight, I don't know if I should try handing them out in my folders and see what happens. What else do some of you include in your folders?

I use manila file folders, too. I use the Avery Large File Folder Labels on the tab (they have more space on them than the regular ones). The label says:
Pampered Chef Information
Your consultant, Ann S.
home phone • cell phone
email
web address​

Inside each folder, I put an order form, catalog and recruiting brochure. In November and December, I also included the holiday mini catalog. I pass them out at the beginning of the show. And I try to remember to tell people to keep the folders to have a place for their receipts.

Great ideas!
I started passing out catalogs at the end of my demo. I like it much better that way. I pick a person to be in charge of 1 catalog during the demo in case any questions come up. I do think people pay way more attention during the demo plus it gives me a few more minutes at the end to clean up & start packing things away before the rush of people to checkout.

chefann said:
I use manila file folders, too. I use the Avery Large File Folder Labels on the tab (they have more space on them than the regular ones). The label says:
Pampered Chef Information
Your consultant, Ann S.
home phone • cell phone
email
web address​

Inside each folder, I put an order form, catalog and recruiting brochure. In November and December, I also included the holiday mini catalog. I pass them out at the beginning of the show. And I try to remember to tell people to keep the folders to have a place for their receipts.

Ann, what is the # for that avery label?

K_Jurich said:
I was thinking the same thing but I guess the point my director made was that if you hand them out then no one listens to you because they are looking at the catalog. So I am really on the fence about this. I have a show tonight, I don't know if I should try handing them out in my folders and see what happens. What else do some of you include in your folders?

Here is my thinking on it -

When you refuse to hand out catalogs at the beginning, you are making it all about you, and not about them. When you start to make it about the guests and the host - they will respond better to you. I joke with them about listening to my demo...and I also refer to the catalog throughout my demo. Also, as I've said before, I give my guests the respect of being adults and being able to do more than one thing at a time, so it really doesn't bother me if they are looking at a catalog while I am doing my demo.:rolleyes:

I like that thinking. I am going to go add a catalog and order form to my folders for my show for tonight. Thank you for the in put do you sugest and flyer that help add bookings to add in the folder also?

I pass around a bookings flyer (instead of putting one in every folder)- I don't have an updated one right now, because January is full, and I don't know yet what March is yet - but this is an example:

Attachments

• BookAShowFLyer.doc
    203.5 KB · Views: 629
I also hand out the catalogs first thing and use the catalog during my demo. This involves the guests as they are looking up pages for me too. I tell them I never remember any page #'s because we have a new catalog every 6 months and I can't even remember my kids names so there's no way I can remember page or item #'s!! I tried handing the catalogs out at the end of a show 1 time and it was a dud show. I never did it again. I have the same way of looking at this as Becky D. My show average is around $800 and I average 2-5 bookings per show. I usually give out a catolog with an order form inside. I used to use the manila folder with my info stamped on the tab. I may go back to those this year!

chefruthie said:
I also hand out the catalogs first thing and use the catalog during my demo. This involves the guests as they are looking up pages for me too. I tell them I never remember any page #'s because we have a new catalog every 6 months and I can't even remember my kids names so there's no way I can remember page or item #'s!! I tried handing the catalogs out at the end of a show 1 time and it was a dud show. I never did it again. I have the same way of looking at this as Becky D. My show average is around $800 and I average 2-5 bookings per show. I usually give out a catolog with an order form inside. I used to use the manila folder with my info stamped on the tab. I may go back to those this year!

HIJACK!

Hey Ruthie!

Long time no see!

Continued hijack.......I've been having computer problems so I have to go to the library to go online!!
End of Hijack!

chefruthie said:
Continued hijack.......I've been having computer problems so I have to go to the library to go online!!
End of Hijack!

I would DIE! It's good to know you are still around though!

Thanks for missing me :) . I did my last show on December 11th and decided to brain dump EVERYTHING until after the holidays. I'm back in swing now and getting ready for Leadership. I did my first show of the year last night and I was rusty but started warming up towards the end!

chefruthie said:
Thanks for missing me :) . I did my last show on December 11th and decided to brain dump EVERYTHING until after the holidays. I'm back in swing now and getting ready for Leadership. I did my first show of the year last night and I was rusty but started warming up towards the end!

That's funny! I had my last show on the 10th, and vowed to do NOTHING PC until the New Year! I had a great vacation, but now I am back in full swing too - but my first show isn't until the 14th......I have 9 shows between the 14th and the 31st!:eek: I'm a bit concerned about being rusty for my first show!

Thanks for the flyer it looks great I am also going to give this one a try tonight too.

I useThe 2 pocket folders. I load up on them in the fall when you can get them for 1 cent a piece from back to school sales.

I put a PC label on the front that you can get from Merill. Inside I have my business card in the slots provided int he folder. Then on the right side I have stickers about wedding registry, income potential and fundraisers. I put a catalog and order form in there, along with 101 stone uses, recruiting material, survey slip, host benefits flyer.

I tell them that they can keep the folder, put it will their important papers and put all of their PC receipts (hopefully all from my shows - little joke) in there, so incase they need a receipt they'll know exactly were it's at.

Some guests take it, some don't. More do than don't.

I use the two pocket folder. Left side: Catalog, drawing slip, recipe. Right side: order form and pen. My business card in the slot provided on the inside of the folder. I do not give any other information in the flyer because its overwhelming. I find that letting the customers explore the catalog while I'm doing the demo, gives them another visual and description of the product as well as any related products. I get the folders back at the end of the evening. If they ask to keep the catalog, I'm all for it. I'm a rookie with not many shows under my belt, but this has worked well for me. Always looking for new ideas though!:balloon:

I cut the spine out of 3 ring binders making two lap boards. I put a catalog, order form, booking benifits flyer, and a recruiting booklet in mine. I also put my contact info on a label and attach it to the pocket. I give them to my guests as they come in and I introduce myself. It gives them time to look at the catalog while we wait on the other guests. It seems to work well.

Becky,

How has the booking flyer worked for you? Is the right side your available dates you fill in or the guests?

Jennie

I also make lapboards. I use the clear cover pocket for special flyer. I put an order form, guest care card, & recruit brochure in front pocket. That is it. I hand out catalogs at the end unless someone asks for them. It ususally isn't a problem. It keeps the guests focused on the demo products, which helps me. I am easily distracted & if guests start asking questions about different products in catalog, page #s, etc., I lose my train of thought. It is just easier for me this way.

:confused: I'm Confused!! As a newer consultant I was told not to hand out the customer care cards till the end of the show. They said it was like asking the customers to welcome you into thier homes without letting them get to know you. I always forget to hand them out at the end of the demo or I find them not filled out in the lap boards. I was thinking about no longer using them. You all seem to really benifit from them. Any tips?

I ask them to fill out the top of the customer care cards at the same time I ask them to fill out the top of the order form. Then tell them we'll get to the rest of it later.

For a while, I handed out catalog, oof, and other papers in a manilla envelope instead of a folder. Told them they could take the envelope home to keep receipts. It went over well for the first couple shows, then no one ever took them again.

One of my team members made his own lapboards, and people appreciated the convenience of them. So that is my plan for this year.

PCJen said:
Becky,

How has the booking flyer worked for you? Is the right side your available dates you fill in or the guests?

Jennie

It works VERY well for me! I pass it around, and have the dates available on every other line - and then a blank space for their name....I don't often get people who fill out their name on the flyer, but they have looked at it, and have a date in mind when I ask them at checkout....makes it much easier!

I just tought I would update. . . .I tried the passing the catalogs out in the begining of my show on Friday night I didn't really like it that much because I did feel like they were more interested in the catalog then me. I will try it again eventually but so far I really don't like it. I tought I would share my experince with you all.

K_Jurich said:

i use plastic gallon size bags... i put the guest special, host special, and punch card (that with every $25 spent they get a punch and after 10 punches they get $30 gift certificate towards their purchase), order form and a new business post card from merrill. i am looking into the lapboards but i might just get some cardboard and wrap it with wrapping paper... it is a cheaper way to have a lap board....

I actually don't use any folders - I did in the very beginning then found it took too much time to 1. get them ready for each show 2. collect them at the end and 3. costly - I just hand out my catalogs with an orderform and black and white copy of the guest special if its like the last few months 20% off - and go over all that in the start of my show - People are going to look thru the catalog no matter what - nothing is better then having one guest sell another guest on something they have already - so when they are shopping the catalog and not listening to you - its not that bad - could be worse like the ones who just have conversations during your presentation without any manners -

ameliasurf said:
i use plastic gallon size bags... i put the guest special, host special, and punch card (that with every $25 spent they get a punch and after 10 punches they get $30 gift certificate towards their purchase), order form and a new business post card from merrill. i am looking into the lapboards but i might just get some cardboard and wrap it with wrapping paper... it is a cheaper way to have a lap board....

I also heard you can buy looseleaf binders and cut them in half (so its 2 boards) - I still myself don't do it - but it could be a local thing also -

PamperedDor said:
I also heard you can buy looseleaf binders and cut them in half (so its 2 boards) - I still myself don't do it - but it could be a local thing also -

hey that is a good idea!!! i have a loose leaf binder that is getting on my nerve in my room... i can do that!!! thanks:sing:

Thanks for all the great ideas!

K_Jurich said:

Do you do interactive shows? With an interactive show they have no choice but to listen about the products because they are all using them. Absolutely no-one at my shows remains seated the whole show, everyone gets a turn helping prepare the recipe. Most times I don't even touch the food, they do it all. This really is alot of fun for everyone and I find that those that aren't up cooking at the time are looking for the tool in the catalog that is being demoed.

I ususally do the cooking but we play games and they ask questions and I ask them m questions. Not sure if that is what you mean. I did see the posting about the 2 team cooking show thing. I may try that,

One of the announcements at Leadership was a more interactive show. There's a DVD that will be sent in mid-February with 3 consultants' shows on it as examples. They showed a few minutes on the big screen, and if we follow this format, nobody will get any paperwork until the recipe is done. It looked fun for the guests AND the consultants. In fact, I've got a show this weekend, and I'm planning to use the format.

Before people start moaning about it, HO held focus groups about shows. They found that guests much prefer a shorter (45 minutes or less) show with a LOT of interaction. Those shorter shows lead to more bookings, more solid recruit leads, and higher sales. I don't know about you, but I'm willing to try it for a few months and see what it does for my business.

chefann said:
One of the announcements at Leadership was a more interactive show. There's a DVD that will be sent in mid-February with 3 consultants' shows on it as examples. They showed a few minutes on the big screen, and if we follow this format, nobody will get any paperwork until the recipe is done. It looked fun for the guests AND the consultants. In fact, I've got a show this weekend, and I'm planning to use the format.

Before people start moaning about it, HO held focus groups about shows. They found that guests much prefer a shorter (45 minutes or less) show with a LOT of interaction. Those shorter shows lead to more bookings, more solid recruit leads, and higher sales. I don't know about you, but I'm willing to try it for a few months and see what it does for my business.

I'm willing to try too. I've done a couple "hands-on" shows, and they just seemed to be chaotic, which stresses me out - but at the same time, I love the idea, so I am really looking forward to seeing the DVD.

I would be interested in doing the interactive format too. I don't demo at my shows all the time. I seem to have to repeat myself a lot becuase the guests are asking me about the recipe and not the product. I have also done no demo shows and like them becuase I feel that I give more information about the products and get higher sales but feel bad that they don't get to see me make a recipe. I think the interactive shows would be the best of both worlds! :chef:

What they showed was fabulous! Do you ever watch cooking shows on TV and wish that you could try out a technique that the host uses? That's what our guests will be able to do. And they'll get their hands on more products, which leads to higher sales. The shorter format also allows them more time (during the evening as a whole) to socialize. Which will lead to higher attendance, as word gets out that your shows are fun and social, and you're not the "PC Nazi" who demands that everyone sit quietly for 90 minutes watching a demo. (We all know consultants like that, right? :rolleyes:)

In fact, the theme show recipes were developed with the short interactive show in mind. The Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes is a 20 minute demo! Gotta love that! It still gives plenty of time for guests to help (since that adds time to the prep), and to visit with each other. And then, you're less likely to have guests throwing order forms at you because they have to leave. And you can spend the time to do full-service checkout with everyone.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the DVD about this. I may try it out on my February shows! :chef:

When I shadowed a show for the first time before I had a show of my own, the consultant did completely interactive. As guests were arriving she was in the kitchen doing the prep work and she asked each guest if they would like to help her out. This made alot of the work be already done so that when it came time for the demo it was very short (about 20-30 mins). During the demo the guests that didn't have a chance to already try out a product got to help put everything together. The guests really loved it as they could "try before they buy" (i use this statement in my show, "Where else can you try a kitchen tool before you buy it?"). Also at one of our cluster meetings we did an interactive cooking show and everyone gave it a try that month, next meeting everyone was raving about the success they had with it versus the "consultant demo show". It's deffinatly worth trying, my last show everyone loved it so much that I got 5 bookings for Feb and March!

Update...Here's what I did. I read all the ideas that were posted. All very good by the way.
I still used my lapboards with an order form, guest care card (found in the files) and added a coupon (also found in the files) for free SB or Free shipping w/ $60.00 order or free gift at their show (my way of thanking them for coming and supporting the host).

As they checked out I put their receipt in a folder for them to take home. On the front I made a sticker (mailing label size) that said Compliments of your Pampered Chef Consultant, then had my name, phone number and website address.

heather223 said:
I would be interested in doing the interactive format too. I don't demo at my shows all the time. I seem to have to repeat myself a lot becuase the guests are asking me about the recipe and not the product. I have also done no demo shows and like them becuase I feel that I give more information about the products and get higher sales but feel bad that they don't get to see me make a recipe. I think the interactive shows would be the best of both worlds! :chef:

I post my show recipes on my website, makes it really nice to tell them they can look up the recipe on there. I also do a no demo show so I don't have to worry about focusing on the recipe, just the products.

1. What are the benefits of using guest folders at shows?

Using guest folders at shows can help keep your guests organized and informed about your products. It allows them to easily keep track of receipts and other important information, making it easier for them to make purchases and potentially leading to more sales.

2. Do you put any labels or information on the folders?

Yes, we recommend labeling the folders with your business information, such as your name and phone number. This way, guests can easily contact you for future purchases or inquiries. You can also include any special offers or promotions on the folders to entice guests to make a purchase.

3. What is the difference between using lap boards and folders at shows?

Lap boards are a great tool for demonstrations and showcasing products, but they can be heavy and cumbersome to carry around. Folders, on the other hand, are lightweight and can be easily distributed to guests to keep their information organized. They also serve as a useful takeaway for guests to remember your business.

4. What should I include in the guest folders?

You can include a variety of items in the guest folders, such as catalogs, order forms, business cards, and product samples. You can also add a personalized note or thank you message to make the guests feel appreciated.

5. How do guest folders help with returns and exchanges?

Guest folders are a great way to keep track of receipts and other important information for returns and exchanges. By providing guests with a folder to keep their receipts safe, it makes it easier for them to find and present the necessary information for any returns or exchanges they may need to make.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kjurich
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • ChefCat