• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Folders and Sheet Protectors for Trade Show Guests

In summary, a clustermate is using inexpensive binders with clear view windows and sheet protectors to store various flyers and catalogs from shows. This saves money in the long run by reducing the number of trashed copies.
beepampered
I have read somewhere but can't find this....Someone puts pages of the catalog into sheet protectors and then takes puts it in a folder. This, with various flyers is what guests at the show are given. If you've done/seen this could you give me details...

What type folder/binder?
What type sheet protector? (I've bought the cheapest ones and they aren't the easiest to read through)
How many does she do and would it make the amount of stuff going into the show a bit too much?
Is it better? Worth the effort/money?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I want to know too .. I dont have enough catalogs to be giving them to everyone LOL

One of my clustermates is implementing this for the Fall. One of her Conference presenters does it, and recommended it because of cattys going up in price. She (my clustermate) got 20 1/2" white binders at OfficeMax. I saw them there yesterday in 2 packs for about 4.50. They have the clear view windows on the covers. Inside, she used the economy page protectors (OfficeMax has their brand in a 200-pack; she found them cheaper at Sam's Club - what brand, I don't know). Take the staples out of a catalog, and you can use a paper cutter to go right down the fold.

Her plan is to have the current guest and host specials and the next couple of host specials also in protectors, along with fundraiser info, registry info, theme shows, etc. in the binders. Several blank order forms go into the back pocket, and the hosting brochure from HO in the front and back covers (one for each side of the brochure). The multiple order forms is so that she doesn't have to refill after every show.

People can still request a catalog to take home from the show, but she anticipates having fewer trashed copies (we've all seen guests mark them up and then leave them on the chair after not placing an order).

This is a great idea! I've had the same guest take a catalog at a few different shows. I think this would save money in the long run. I think I'll look into doing this in the future.

Thanks for the info!

Donna

I believe I might try that when the new season starts in March 08. Right now I have 500 catalogs I won at conference that need to be used up in the next 6 months!!(BTW they mailed them ALL to me at the same time) I am setting a goal to do it!! But I have heard of that before, and would like to try it, because sometimes even certain guests don't care to take a catalog home you know!! That will save some money, but still keep plenty of others just in case!!

That's a really good idea for saving some catalogs. I may have to try that.

My hope is that the customer will take the catalog home and actually KEEP it! Ha!

I like the idea of the binders so people don't mark the catalogs up, then leave them behind. I think I'd still want to have plenty of catalogs so they can take one if they want, and not feel like they're taking your "last" copy.

--Jenny L

If they keep your catalog and it keeps your name around, it really isn't that expensive. Might actually turn out to be rather cheap!

--Jenny L

Do I get anything special when I hit 100 posts?

(Just Checking, . . . )

--Jenny L

I put mine in 2-pocket fastner folders. There is a spot for my business card in front. Then I put the guest special, order form and DPDS in the front pocket. I am going to start putting the guest special in the first page protector though. On the back of that I will put the host specials for the next few months.

I like it because I only have to give people who really want catalogs to take home one. I have discovered though that I am going to need to replace the folders every season since they can't be wiped down very well since they are paper. They aren't very expensive at all though so it won't be much of an expense.

chefann said:
One of my clustermates is implementing this for the Fall. One of her Conference presenters does it, and recommended it because of cattys going up in price. She (my clustermate) got 20 1/2" white binders at OfficeMax. I saw them there yesterday in 2 packs for about 4.50. They have the clear view windows on the covers. Inside, she used the economy page protectors (OfficeMax has their brand in a 200-pack; she found them cheaper at Sam's Club - what brand, I don't know). Take the staples out of a catalog, and you can use a paper cutter to go right down the fold.

Her plan is to have the current guest and host specials and the next couple of host specials also in protectors, along with fundraiser info, registry info, theme shows, etc. in the binders. Several blank order forms go into the back pocket, and the hosting brochure from HO in the front and back covers (one for each side of the brochure). The multiple order forms is so that she doesn't have to refill after every show.

People can still request a catalog to take home from the show, but she anticipates having fewer trashed copies (we've all seen guests mark them up and then leave them on the chair after not placing an order).

I made 20 of these folders for the current season. At first it was great, but it was soooo heavy! After a few shows I went down to only taking 15 with me and it was a bit easier.

I noticed that not as many people took catalogs home with them which was disappointing to me because I get a lot of calls and online orders from people who keep my catalog.

A few weeks ago I had enough of lugging the binders around and I decided to make lapboards by cutting off the front and back covers. They have a pocket to hold a catalog, a receipt and any flyers that I want. They are lighter and make my job seem easier. A fellow consultant has been using these for years and warned me to make sure I didn't cut where I see the cardboard and to make sure I filed the sides so no one would get cut or scratched.

My guests seem to like them and I LOVE them!

I really like this idea .. I'm just going to use regular folders though .. shouldnt be much heavier than taking all the paperwork and catalogs seperate! this way everything will be together!

i'm gonna try to make one this weekend .. my next show isnt until the 1st

Great idea, but I have to agree that these would be very heavy and a lot of work to put together. I bought some fold-over clipboards. On the "clip" side, I have the "wish list" and on the pocket side, I have an order form and a guest care card. I give out my catalogs after the presentation, so they won't be going in the lapboards.

I'll be using these for the first time tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes!

jlevernier said:
Do I get anything special when I hit 100 posts?
Nope....I didn't anyway!! I think you have to hit 1000!!!! Got a long way to go yet!

Last edited:
i like this idea for 2 reasons
1. you can put stickers on certain pages as "seeds" eg. great gift idea
as well as dress up the folders/binders with fun stickers from "the booster" to plant seeds as well
2. if your low in catalogues you still have enough to do a show and can offer everyone one in their order when it comes

i dont like this idea because
the time to get them all ready
the weight of carrying them

i currently use the double pocket folders with everything for each guest and have to remind them that i would like the folders back but they can take whatever they want out of it

i wont be changing anything for this week coming but will be doing some hard thinking about what to do for sept :)

marie
how did your show go?
did the clip boards work well?

OK I really LOVE this idea and am thinking of doing it for my next show (3wks away..plenty of time to get them together!!) But I was just curious as to why doing these could be any heavier than carrying around your regular show paperwork? I mean, you carry catalogues for guests and paperwork to hand out? So why would this be any different?? Im just wondering if Im missing something here...someone adding gold bars as incentives to buy :p LOL

PCwithStay-C said:
OK I really LOVE this idea and am thinking of doing it for my next show (3wks away..plenty of time to get them together!!) But I was just curious as to why doing these could be any heavier than carrying around your regular show paperwork? I mean, you carry catalogues for guests and paperwork to hand out? So why would this be any different?? Im just wondering if Im missing something here...someone adding gold bars as incentives to buy :p LOL

Go to an office supply store and pick up 15 binders - or however many you'd use. Individually they're not heavy but those little puppies add up!

I do like this idea though. I really may use it.

I got a bunch of school folders with the holes and did one catalog in the sheet protectors. The sheet protectors stick out and it looks cheap so I'm not doing anymore. I might try sticking a catalog, guest special and a few other things in a two-pocket folder. I want something that looks more professional than just a catalog and order form. Thanks for your thoughts....

heather9892 said:
marie
how did your show go?
did the clip boards work well?
My show went very well. Only had 6 guests, but sales reached just about $600! Anyway, I guess you were asking about the clip boards......they worked really great. People had a place to write and it was easy to keep all the sheets together that I wanted them to have. I handed out the catalogs after my demonstration, that way their attention was on me.

I thought they may be a lot to lug around, but I'm using one of the new shopping bags that the Superstore sell now. It fits the clip boards and catalogs perfectly!!

heather9892 said:
you can put stickers on certain pages as "seeds" eg. great gift idea
That is a good reason to put the catalog binders together, but I do like the idea of people taking the catalogs home with them for others to see.......oh, decisions, decisions......:rolleyes:

I've tried doing the paper folders as well, but the pages do stick out of the folder. Doesn't look too nice. Any other ideas?

I decided to make lapboards by cutting off the front and back covers. They have a pocket to hold a catalog, a receipt and any flyers that I want. They are lighter and make my job seem easier. A fellow consultant has been using these for years and warned me to make sure I didn't cut where I see the cardboard and to make sure I filed the sides so no one would get cut or scratched.

My guests seem to like them and I LOVE them![/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I do.

I made cheap lapboards as suggested by cutting off the front and back of view notebooks, they look really nice and guest can sit on the floor or anywhere to use them. But, I am thinking of having a catalog in sheet protectors in addition to the lapboard. (will have to spend the money to get nice notebooks if the paper ones look cheap.)

The other idea I had was to use post-it flags for guest to make wish list items instead of writing in the catalog. There are some on the internet that say "Want It" and "Wish List"

Not sure I'm up to deconstructing 20 catalogs any time soon!

Thanks for starting the discussion, I was wondering about it myself!

My director does this. She has them in more of a plastic folder than the paper kind. Her's seem to fit ok. I keep telling myself that I should try it, but never remember until the day before or the day of my show for the new season and by then it's too late. If I ever get my schedule really full, I will move to this type of folder. I think it helps you keep track of how many catalogs go missing at the end of a show.

sheet protectorsI have been using folders for many years and only hand out catalogs if someone asks for one. I can usually find plastic folders with a pocket in the front and back and 3 prongs (try Walmart). I take clear tape and put it along the stapled edge of the catalog (to extend it a bit) and then use a 3-hole punch to punch holes in tape. That way when the catalog is in the binder, the pages will open out all the way. I have had them for about 3 years - a lot longer than the paper ones. As an experiment a couple of years ago, I tried just handing out my catalogs w/order forms at my shows and letting people take them if the wanted. I went through a lot of catalogs and did not get a single call for an order. Thus, back to the folders. :)

What types of catalog folders and sheet protectors are available for trade show guests?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of catalog folders and sheet protectors for trade show guests. Our catalog folders come in a variety of sizes and styles, including ring binders, accordion folders, and zippered pouches. Our sheet protectors are made of high-quality materials and come in both clear and colored options. We also offer customizable options for both our catalog folders and sheet protectors.

Are the catalog folders and sheet protectors durable enough for frequent use at trade shows?

Our catalog folders and sheet protectors are designed with durability in mind. They are made of high-quality materials that can withstand frequent use at trade shows. Our sheet protectors are also tear-resistant to ensure that your materials stay protected.

Do the catalog folders and sheet protectors come with any additional features?

Yes, our catalog folders and sheet protectors come with several additional features to make your trade show experience easier. Many of our catalog folders have built-in pockets for business cards, pens, and other essentials. Our sheet protectors also feature reinforced holes for easy insertion into binders or folders.

Can I purchase catalog folders and sheet protectors in bulk for a large trade show?

Absolutely! We offer bulk purchasing options for our catalog folders and sheet protectors. This is a great option for large trade shows or for businesses looking to stock up on these essential materials. Contact us for more information on bulk pricing and customization options.

What is the return policy for catalog folders and sheet protectors?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase of catalog folders and sheet protectors. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we offer a 30-day return policy for a full refund. Please refer to our website or contact us for more information about our return policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• floccies
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • redsoxgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • sunset7435