• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Observed a Show and Want to Share Info and Have Questions

The lady has the highest sales in our cluster and makes it into consultant news for sales frequently. She usually has 2 or more shows over $1000 each month. She started by stressing the warranty, then introductions with fav. product (the fav product was then pulled out and described and the guest was asked how they used it/ why they liked it etc). Next, the current guest special, next months host special, then moved from product to product according to the consultant's preference. She had everyone use the wish list (thing at the back of the order form) and a highlighter. With each product that she did discuss she started by turning to the catalog page, discussed the product in detail, then ended that products focus
floccies
I observed another consultants show and now have questions about how other consultants do their shows and share some things I found interesting-- This lady has the highest sales in our cluster and makes it into consultant news for sales frequently. She usually has 2 or more shows over $1000 each month.

Things I liked about the show I observed: Does anyone else do any of these things?

There was no discussion or recipe preparation -- it was totally about the products with no idea of what the food was (the microwave chicken-- and a trifle.) When the microwave chicken was brought out and sampled the focus was on the ddb the entire time. The chicken was cubed and made into a chicken ceasar salad (no mention just look and taste at the end). I liked the product focus.

She started by stressing the warranty, then introductions with fav. product (the fav product was then pulled out and described and the guest was asked how they used it/ why they liked it etc). Next, the current guest special, next months host special, then moved from product to product according to the consultant's preference. She she just stops where she is when guests eyes look glazed or at a certain time. I found myself wanting any of the products she mentioned that I did not already have (kitchen spritzer, clock timer, chef's tongs, meat lifters, and a few others . . .). and I thought I "had it all". "How come I don't have that?"

She had everyone use the wish list (thing at the back of the order form) and a highlighter. With each product that she did discuss she started by turning to the catalog page, discussed the product in detail, then ended that products focus by holding up the wish list and describing/pointing to the side/column and location of the item. I really liked this too.

Every guest gets a plastic 3 prong/pocket folder. Front pocket wish list & highlighter, sheet protectors in prongs that contain a inkjet flyer about each of the main collections (cookware, stoneware, knives, SA). The catalog had each page in a sheet protector. Back pocket order form and pen. I like the folder idea and the pages were very easy to turn in the sheet protectors. I want every guest to be given a catalog -- her guests only got a catalog if they asked -- so I'd like some of your opinions on this. I am considering trying the "folder" approach and still giving everyone a catalog. I currently use lapboards and I like them, but don't think they display the information as well as this did.

She did the ice demo in the 8" skillet and the ice cream scoop.

Her door prize was the Season's Best. There were no other drawings or gifts. Her bookings and sales are high and she is a consistent recruiter.(at least 2 per quarter)

What I really want to know from all of you is:

1. Do you use the "wish list" if so, how?

2. Do you demo the recipe? Anyone focus on products w/o recipe mentioned?

3. Effective guest packet arrangements and contents?

4. Anyone put the catalog in sheet protectors? If so, why?

5. What do you do for door prizes? Booking incentives? Extra Host gifts?

6. What "non recipe" demos do you do?

7. What are your top selling products and what do you do/say to sell them?

Last edited:
I do the wish list when I remember but it's not the one on the receipt. At the bookings galore workshop I took, the girl tells her guest just to write down (on the itemized receipt) everything they want without looking at the price then at the end of the show they could talk and she would "help them figure out what they really needed" which ususally lead to a booking.

I haven't done it, but the catalog in page protectors really helps curb the cost of buying a ton of catalogs. She lets them know they can have one to take home if they ask though. This prevents people that take them and never look at them again.

I talk about the recipe a bit, but my FOCUS is on the products, not the recipe alone.

I give away a ton of door prizes. Probably more than I should. I love to give stuff away. I guess I see it as a seed. I also have a basket of things they can choose from if they set a date in my book. Things like the mini serving spatula, hold n slice etc.

Christ Follower said:
I give away a ton of door prizes. Probably more than I should. I love to give stuff away. I guess I see it as a seed. I also have a basket of things they can choose from if they set a date in my book. Things like the mini serving spatula, hold n slice etc.

I think I give away too much stuff too, but I get excited if I win something at a party so I like to give it away. I'm also thinking of having a basket that has a bunch of small things in it (ie: I-slice, bamboo spoons, Seasons Best) and when they come to me to add up their order, if they order more than $100 they can pick a prize from the basket.

Dawn4 said:
I think I give away too much stuff too, but I get excited if I win something at a party so I like to give it away.

Me, too. I like to have at least 5 things to give away. It's usually the inexpensive stuff like a citrus peeler, season's best, quickcut paring knife, and I always give away ONE free shipping for the night. At my last show I gave away a "My Safe Cutter" since there were a ton of moms with little kids and I've also given away the measure all cup and the skinny scraper (the pink ones). It does get expensive, though. So I will probably lessen my list to 3 things until I'm better established in the business.

I LOVE hearing about other people's shows, though! :D

i observed a show last night with my director and learned allot as well. It was a power cooking show and very informative and i plan to do it for myself. Her door prize was one of the prep bowls and that went over well. Only 5 people showed up but she got 2 bookings and the host is very interested in besoming a consultant. She only did $142.50 so far and was a bit dissapointed but was expected she said.

It happens sometimes that your shows are really low, but it was successful given that she got 2 bookings and a possible recruit. It was definately time well spent!!

floccies said:
I observed another consultants show and now have questions about how other consultants do their shows and share some things I found interesting-- This lady has the highest sales in our cluster and makes it into consultant news for sales frequently. She usually has 2 or more shows over $1000 each month.

Things I liked about the show I observed: Does anyone else do any of these things?

There was no discussion or recipe preparation -- it was totally about the products with no idea of what the food was (the microwave chicken-- and a trifle.) When the microwave chicken was brought out and sampled the focus was on the ddb the entire time. The chicken was cubed and made into a chicken ceasar salad (no mention just look and taste at the end). I liked the product focus.

She started by stressing the warranty, then introductions with fav. product (the fav product was then pulled out and described and the guest was asked how they used it/ why they liked it etc). Next, the current guest special, next months host special, then moved from product to product according to the consultant's preference. She she just stops where she is when guests eyes look glazed or at a certain time. I found myself wanting any of the products she mentioned that I did not already have (kitchen spritzer, clock timer, chef's tongs, meat lifters, and a few others . . .). and I thought I "had it all". "How come I don't have that?"

She had everyone use the wish list (thing at the back of the order form) and a highlighter. With each product that she did discuss she started by turning to the catalog page, discussed the product in detail, then ended that products focus by holding up the wish list and describing/pointing to the side/column and location of the item. I really liked this too.

Every guest gets a plastic 3 prong/pocket folder. Front pocket wish list & highlighter, sheet protectors in prongs that contain a inkjet flyer about each of the main collections (cookware, stoneware, knives, SA). The catalog had each page in a sheet protector. Back pocket order form and pen. I like the folder idea and the pages were very easy to turn in the sheet protectors. I want every guest to be given a catalog -- her guests only got a catalog if they asked -- so I'd like some of your opinions on this. I am considering trying the "folder" approach and still giving everyone a catalog. I currently use lapboards and I like them, but don't think they display the information as well as this did.

She did the ice demo in the 8" skillet and the ice cream scoop.

Her door prize was the Season's Best. There were no other drawings or gifts. Her bookings and sales are high and she is a consistent recruiter.(at least 2 per quarter)

What I really want to know from all of you is:

1. Do you use the "wish list" if so, how?

2. Do you demo the recipe? Anyone focus on products w/o recipe mentioned?

3. Effective guest packet arrangements and contents?

4. Anyone put the catalog in sheet protectors? If so, why?

5. What do you do for door prizes? Booking incentives? Extra Host gifts?

6. What "non recipe" demos do you do?

7. What are your top selling products and what do you do/say to sell them?

did this lady give the host a gift? if so, what was it? thanks

ginamkiely said:
did this lady give the host a gift? if so, what was it? thanks

No. She did not give the host a gift.

I like to give the host a Seasons Best and have all the guests write a little something in her book to remind her of her show. This goes over very well and is personal for the host.

As for the wish list, I went to another direct sales company show, & the consultant had us fill out a wish list divided into want it, love it, GOTTA HAVE IT columns. She also asked for our b'day, & anniversary dates so she could drop some hints to our husbands. I was talking about this with my DH the other night as I was rattling off ideas to perk up my business. He said, I wondered why she cornered me at the Christmas tournament to tell me about the make-up you liked - DUH!!!!!
(My b-day is 12/29 & anniv. is 12/28)

Anyway, I think I may try this at my next few shows and offer a special Holiday shopping night for men in early Nov.

I like to give an old SB to the Host.

What is the purpose of an Observed Show?

The purpose of an Observed Show is to give potential new consultants a chance to see what a Pampered Chef demonstration looks like and to ask any questions they may have before deciding to join.

What happens at an Observed Show?

During an Observed Show, a Pampered Chef consultant will perform a demonstration of our products and cooking techniques. Guests will have the opportunity to sample the food and ask questions about the products and the business opportunity.

Can I bring a friend to an Observed Show?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend or family member to an Observed Show. We encourage you to invite anyone who may be interested in learning more about Pampered Chef.

Do I have to buy anything at an Observed Show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at an Observed Show. However, if you do decide to purchase products, you will have the opportunity to do so directly from the consultant hosting the show.

How can I become a consultant after attending an Observed Show?

If you are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant after attending an Observed Show, you can speak to the consultant hosting the show for more information. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have and guide you through the process of joining our team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cochef
  • Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pampermejolene