• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions for Rae About Your Show

?" and read the question off the card. After Susie answers the question, I give the card to the next guest. Susie then has the opportunity to ask me a question about the commercial.At the end of the show, I give everyone their catalogs and wish them a happy shopping experience. (I tell them that I hope they take the time to write me a note in the back of the catalog, telling me what they bought and why they loved it. :) The show lasts about 2 hours, with a 30-minute break in the middle. I've been doing this for about a year and a half.
Rae,
I too love this thread! I have a question for you...you were oh, so clear with you commercial questions, but would you mind posting your answers??

I mean, I realize the gist of what they'll be, but wondered if you "perked it up" a bit as well??

Also, do you talk about other things, like Round up, Fund-raisers, Catalog shows, HWC, etc.?

Sometimes, I think there's just so much to cover, I wonder how to "fit it all in"! The commercial approach is certainly clever and entertaining. Also, do you mention recruiting and booking type commercials at least 3 times throughout your show, or how do you fit that in??

Thanks!
Paula

Thanks, Paula.

I do touch on the bookings and recruiting thing a couple of other times during the party. I just throw in one-liners here and there; nothing specific.

In answer to the booking commercial question I say, "I'm SOOOOO glad you asked! Of course, you already know that you'll get free and discounted products. That's a given. What you'll also get is the easiest party you'll ever throw. When you invite people over, you have to decide what to feed them. No problem. I'm bringing the food. You also need to figure out how to entertain them. Again, no problem. I'm the entertainment. Seriously, I'll do everything in my power to make this the easiest thing you ever do. End of commercial. Didn't ___________ do an excellent job in helping with the commercial?" [Applause.]

To the recruiting commercial question I say, "I'm SOOOOOO glad you asked! What I really love about my job is that it's helping me to make my dreams come true. [I pull a magic wand out of the Tool Turnabout.] Everyone has dreams. Whether yours is to travel, to stay home with your children, to pay off your bills, or to get away from your children, [pause for chuckling] The Pampered Chef can help. I'd love a chance to share some more information with you about this wonderful opportunity, so I'll be talking to each of you about that later. End of commercial. Didn't ___________ do an excellent job in helping with the commercial?" [Applause.]

Round Up I mention when we get to that page in the catalog.

The other types of shows I touch on by saying at toward the end of the demo, "There are lots of different services I offer--wedding showers, fundraisers, and more."

Catalog shows I mention when I mention the specials by saying, "And, that's [the host special] available whether you have me in your home like __________ has, or simply share the catalogs and collect orders in a catalog party."

I hope that answers your questions. If you think of anything else, just let me know.

Last edited:
Bumping.... Great thread, I just listened to the Julie CD's so it was nice to hear about how it's done the PC way. :)

Addie, Can you explain the Cd??

Bumping..
Anyone want to share what products they use??

bumping this thread!! Its so great!

Rae, what recipes do you usually make? Do you make and take or are you doing them at the hosts house then cleaning up and waiting for guests? What themes do you offer for your shows? I would like to offer; Fast Meals, Chocolate Bliss, Margaritaville, and Bites & Bevs. I am at a loss for which meals can survive making and taking or would be easy and quick enough to do in the 45 min before the show. Power Cooking is an easy one, but the rest I'm drawing a blank on.

I am aware that I need more sleep, but what can you do?

Wow
raebates said:
You're all most welcome. I hope you're able to use bits and pieces to fit your style.

Wow Rae this is a great concept. I do love cooking and doing the demo but I also love to try new things. And this is a great idea!! I plan to use this at a few shows to test the waters.

Sandra, if you do this let me know how it turns out. I know that Taste of Home does not do cooking and they boast about that. I don't plan to never demo or cook again but this is a neat concept where we can kind of compete in a sense with that type of show and offer something similar! I wonder exactly how they do their shows. Hmmm I will have to find out, unless someone already knows!

Debbie :D

That TOH thing is one reason I've been resisting not cooking at my shows. It is what sets us apart. People know that they are going to come and learn new or neat cooking tips and eat good food. After visiting another consultant's show and seeing how she is still able to give them a great demonstration without cooking I can see how it could be done. However, I am not just going to do these. I will offer them though. I thought one of my hosts was really going to jump on the no-cook thing, but she said she likes the demo so she wants a demo at her show. Oh well!! I plan on asking my hosts which way they want to go.

Chef Kearns said:
Rae, what recipes do you usually make? Do you make and take or are you doing them at the hosts house then cleaning up and waiting for guests? What themes do you offer for your shows? I would like to offer; Fast Meals, Chocolate Bliss, Margaritaville, and Bites & Bevs. I am at a loss for which meals can survive making and taking or would be easy and quick enough to do in the 45 min before the show. Power Cooking is an easy one, but the rest I'm drawing a blank on.

I am aware that I need more sleep, but what can you do?

Right now I'm doing Caramel Apple Trifle or Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. I generally pick one or two recipes for a particular month. I usually make the recipe at home and take it with me. Occasionally I'll have something that is better assembled at the last minute. In that case I'll have everything ready and assemble it at the host's house.

I don't really do the theme thing. I'll use the recipes sometimes. I'm just not a big theme person.

Chef Kearns said:
That TOH thing is one reason I've been resisting not cooking at my shows. It is what sets us apart. People know that they are going to come and learn new or neat cooking tips and eat good food. After visiting another consultant's show and seeing how she is still able to give them a great demonstration without cooking I can see how it could be done. However, I am not just going to do these. I will offer them though. I thought one of my hosts was really going to jump on the no-cook thing, but she said she likes the demo so she wants a demo at her show. Oh well!! I plan on asking my hosts which way they want to go.

I always give my hosts a choice. Occasionally I'll have someone who prefers a cooking demo, but usually they like the Walk through the Catalog. I do make sure to sprinkle lots of cooking tips and product suggestions (like using the Apple Wedger on potatoes and onion) throughout my show.

I think it really depends most on what the host wants and what the consultant is comfortable with.

Rae,
I just did a file search for the "caramel apple trifle" and the "pumpkin gingerbread trifle". Nothing was found:(Would you PLEASE tell me where one might find these recipes:)

It's either heavenly or a tool of Satan, depending on your point of view. ;)

raebates said:
It's either heavenly or a tool of Satan, depending on your point of view. ;)

Hmmmmm....I don't even have a witty answer for that. I was going to make the comment about how I'm driving the bus to "you-know-where" and I may take that for all of my passengers....:angel:

Thanks for posting your recipes Rae. You are a creative genius:)

Awe, thanks! It was my pleasure.

Last edited:
That sounds awsome!! how long have you been doing this type of show?

It's been a couple of years now. It's the show most of my hosts choose.

I love this idea!
I've been wanting to do a non cooking demo for a while but wasn't sure how to fill the time!
Thanks for digging this thread up!

This was great to read! I've thought about doing my shows like this, but was afraid of doing things "out of the box". My problem is that i can't cook and talk at the same time - i lose my croud and by time i'm done with the recipe, everyone has begun to mingle and go about their own way. It gets frustrating, hence the reason i was thinking of a show like this.
LOVE IT! now i know it's OK to do this. I can talk about the products - love 'em. Just can't do it and use them at the same time :)

Thanks for the share

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life! I love it... I too am cooking/talking challenged. Or anything/talking challenge. In college, I took a speech class, it had to be a demonstration, now I have no problem talking in front of people, but I do have a problem multi-tasking.

Thanks Rae for taking the time to do this oh so many years ago! LOL

My pleasure. This type of show isn't for everyone, but it fits my style well. I still have the occasional host who chooses a more traditional show, but most love this one.

groovy! I've been a consultant 18 mths...and the model in which I started my business was SUPER just like your original outline..As you, I've made modifications for what works best for me, but it totally works for me! And just tonight, had a show, $818 in sales, 2 solid bookings, 1 possible and 1 potential recruit lead. Gotta love the flexibility that this business provides RAE :>

Wow this looks fun! I just got done reading all the old posts. Thanks for bringing this back!

Thanks Rae, I love it!

And Rae, are you still doing your shows like this? This was started 2 years ago, I just wondered if you've found something else you like?

Mostly I'm still doing this type of show. I don't use the negativity cop right now. I have very few negative people at my shows. I generally try to gauge the crowd before I start. If I sense a negative vibe from anyone, I add it back in.

raebates said:
Mostly I'm still doing this type of show. I don't use the negativity cop right now. I have very few negative people at my shows. I generally try to gauge the crowd before I start. If I sense a negative vibe from anyone, I add it back in.

Thanks so much for sharing. I love the idea of having the recipe already done and leave lots of time for sharing what people love. I think hearing what other "PC junkies" say about the products is great for sales.

Be warned, however, that PC Junkies will insist on talking about products you don't bring up. Not that that's a bad thing, unless you're trying to keep the show moving quickly.

One year later, and I was wondering if anyone was still regularly doing their shows like this, and how it is working for them. I have a show this Saturday at a park pavilion (long story) and I will have to make the food ahead of time, so this looks like a great idea. I also wanted to know if you set up all of your PC stuff for people to look at, etc. (I know this is probably a stupid question...but I'm new at this - I know you set it up for the cooking show, and I'm assuming you set it up for the non-cooking show as well, but I had to ask).
:) Thanks for your help!

I still do the majority of my shows this way.

Yes, I take products and set them up for people to see and play with.

raebates said:
No problem.

I do the door prizes (pretty, wrapped packages in the large square WS). I thank everyone, tell them where they can find me if they have any questions or would like to place an order.

I know this is an old thread but what is "large square WS"?? I've been doing free shipping for my door prize but would like to try something new.

THANKS Rae!

PamperedSD said:
I know this is an old thread but what is "large square WS"?? I've been doing free shipping for my door prize but would like to try something new.

THANKS Rae!

It's short for Large Square Woven Server, which is no longer available in the catalog.

Noora's right--it was a Woven Selections. I now use the BBQ Basket or Tray.

Thanks! I like the idea of wrapping the prize but I had not done it yet - I wasn't sure if people would mind not knowing what it is - love this idea. THANKS :D

Mine are wrapped in cellophane bags, so people can see what they're getting.

By the way, I know you said you've been using free shipping as a prize. I did that for a long time. Now, as a result of suggestions here, I offer a free spice. That way I can introduce customers to the spices and it adds to commissionable sales.

I have been wanting to offer spice samples! I just placed my first supply order yesterday spending all my hard earned PC$!!!! I think I will sacrifice some of the spices to split up as samples! Thank you so much for sharing Rae! I love reading all of your posts!

Just bumping this since I've read it about twelve times and I'm going to be tweaking it to make it my own! I LOVE this outline, and think it's especially good for those that are challenged by demoing and talking at the same time, like me! :eek::D

Looking forward to trying it out at my shows tonight and tomorrow night!

Let me know how it turns out for you.

raebates said:
Let me know how it turns out for you.

It. Was. AWESOME. So much more "me"! I loved it, the guests loved it, the hostess loved it. :love:

Only 4 guests showed, (several last minute cancellations-but-plan-to-orders), only two submitted orders, and sales are at $350ish!:D

Glad to hear it, Shanna.

I'm thinking this would be a great December show format, too. Down & dirty, fast & easy.

I have been using Rae's format, tweeked to my own style and I Love It. Shows do take about 15-30 minutes longer, depending on how long people talk.

<H2>What is your show like?</H2><p>Our shows are interactive cooking demonstrations where guests can learn about our products, try out recipes, and have a fun and relaxing time with friends.</p><H2>What is the average attendance at your shows?</H2><p>Our average attendance is around 10-15 guests, but it can vary depending on the host's guest list and the size of the host's home.</p><H2>How many bookings do you typically get from a show?</H2><p>On average, we receive 2-3 bookings from each show. However, some shows have resulted in more bookings and some in fewer.</p><H2>What else do you do during your show?</H2><p>In addition to the cooking demonstration, we also play games, offer special discounts and promotions, and have a Q&A session where guests can ask any questions they have about our products or hosting a show.</p><H2>How long is your show?</H2><p>Our shows typically last about 2 hours, but it can vary depending on the number of guests and the activities we have planned.</p><H2>Do you bring products for guests to see in person?</H2><p>Yes, we bring a selection of our products for guests to see and try out during the show. This allows them to get a better understanding of the products and see how they work in person.</p>

What is your show like?

Our shows are interactive cooking demonstrations where guests can learn about our products, try out recipes, and have a fun and relaxing time with friends.

What is the average attendance at your shows?

Our average attendance is around 10-15 guests, but it can vary depending on the host's guest list and the size of the host's home.

How many bookings do you typically get from a show?

On average, we receive 2-3 bookings from each show. However, some shows have resulted in more bookings and some in fewer.

What else do you do during your show?

In addition to the cooking demonstration, we also play games, offer special discounts and promotions, and have a Q&A session where guests can ask any questions they have about our products or hosting a show.

How long is your show?

Our shows typically last about 2 hours, but it can vary depending on the number of guests and the activities we have planned.

Do you bring products for guests to see in person?

Yes, we bring a selection of our products for guests to see and try out during the show. This allows them to get a better understanding of the products and see how they work in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• California Girl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ashvel
  • ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Poll