• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting complete contact info for catalog show guests

SonyaVerrillo

Novice Member
Feb 8, 2010
I just met with a host last night who had a $550 catalog show--GREAT! The only problem is....only 1 of the 11 orders had complete contact info (Last name, address, phone, email)! :grumpy: Most orders just had the first name! Now 95% of the orders were checks made out to the host, who gave me cash-so there's no worries about checks bouncing. But how do you get contact info for catalog guests or outside orders when the person isn't in front of you?

One thought I had was to give the order forms back to the host & tell her that if they filled out their contact info (on a door prize slip), they would get a free recipe with their order...and maybe give a prize to the first person to give their info back?

Has this happened to anyone else? How do you handle it?
Thanks for your help!

pamperedpals

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2007
I have heard that some consultants will give out door prize slips to catalog host's for the guests to fill out. They then give a SB as the door prize.

lesliec

Veteran Member
Mar 31, 2010
Honestly, I've never thought about it. I just don't get their info, same with outside orders on a cooking show. I probably have the wrong attitude, and definitely not one that will grow my business....
I'd love to hear the answers.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I tried where you make your own outside order form and have it written on there if they fill it out completely they will get a free SB with their order. But I still had hosts turn them in to me blank. The problem was that the friend was just telling the host what they wanted. So they were filling out the form for them. If they didn't think to ask the friend for all the contact info, if they wanted the SB, etc., then it just doesn't work.

What I've been doing now is just simply being up front and honest with the host. I tell them that I need at least one way to contact each person, whether it's a phone number or e-mail. I tell them that I need that in order to do my customer service calls--not to harass them. I remind them about the 30 days of free shipping on the new products, should there be a problem or they aren't happy with what they got. So it's very important that I have a way of contacting them to be sure everything's alright. I tell them that I also need it in case there should be a problem w/ their order, total, back order status, etc.

The last few times that I did this, even for just outside orders on a cooking show, the host's were very understanding and didn't give me a hard time about it.

Apr 6, 2010
My AD will not accept any order forms without the contact info. She says “It is our duty as consultants to provide the best service we can, and we need their info just in case something happens.” Also, she is real big on customer care calls…so that’s another reason she a stickler about contact info. Which I agree.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
What I've been doing now is just simply being up front and honest with the host. I tell them that I need at least one way to contact each person, whether it's a phone number or e-mail. I tell them that I need that in order to do my customer service calls--not to harass them. I remind them about the 30 days of free shipping on the new products, should there be a problem or they aren't happy with what they got. So it's very important that I have a way of contacting them to be sure everything's alright. I tell them that I also need it in case there should be a problem w/ their order, total, back order status, etc.

What she said. :D

You have to be clear with the host about not just what you want, but why you want it. Your host isn't in DS, she doesn't think the same way as you do. It doesn't just "click" that you need the contact information.

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
I also tell them that it's beneficial to have as much contact info in the event there is a recall and also for issuing their guarantee with their order. I let them know that I can email recipes specific to their order if I get their email addresses.

jesikaransom

Novice Member
Oct 22, 2009
When I hand out order forms I highlight all the parts that must be filled out. I do this to ensure the host can see what I need from thier friends and family. I havehad good luck with it this far.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
Replies
Views
cjromero
Replies
Views