• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Complete Contact Info for Catalog Show Guests

In summary, the conversation discussed the issue of incomplete contact information on order forms for a catalog show. Suggestions were given to incentivize guests to provide their contact information, such as offering a free recipe or door prize. Other consultants shared their methods of obtaining contact information and the importance of having it for customer service and recall purposes. It was also emphasized that clear communication with the host about the importance of contact information is crucial in ensuring its collection.
SonyaVerrillo
I just met with a host last night who had a $550 catalog show--GREAT! The only problem is....only 1 of the 11 orders had complete contact info (Last name, address, phone, email)! :grumpy: Most orders just had the first name! Now 95% of the orders were checks made out to the host, who gave me cash-so there's no worries about checks bouncing. But how do you get contact info for catalog guests or outside orders when the person isn't in front of you?

One thought I had was to give the order forms back to the host & tell her that if they filled out their contact info (on a door prize slip), they would get a free recipe with their order...and maybe give a prize to the first person to give their info back?

Has this happened to anyone else? How do you handle it?
Thanks for your help!

I have heard that some consultants will give out door prize slips to catalog host's for the guests to fill out. They then give a SB as the door prize.

Honestly, I've never thought about it. I just don't get their info, same with outside orders on a cooking show. I probably have the wrong attitude, and definitely not one that will grow my business....
I'd love to hear the answers.

I tried where you make your own outside order form and have it written on there if they fill it out completely they will get a free SB with their order. But I still had hosts turn them in to me blank. The problem was that the friend was just telling the host what they wanted. So they were filling out the form for them. If they didn't think to ask the friend for all the contact info, if they wanted the SB, etc., then it just doesn't work.What I've been doing now is just simply being up front and honest with the host. I tell them that I need at least one way to contact each person, whether it's a phone number or e-mail. I tell them that I need that in order to do my customer service calls--not to harass them. I remind them about the 30 days of free shipping on the new products, should there be a problem or they aren't happy with what they got. So it's very important that I have a way of contacting them to be sure everything's alright. I tell them that I also need it in case there should be a problem w/ their order, total, back order status, etc.The last few times that I did this, even for just outside orders on a cooking show, the host's were very understanding and didn't give me a hard time about it.

My AD will not accept any order forms without the contact info. She says “It is our duty as consultants to provide the best service we can, and we need their info just in case something happens.” Also, she is real big on customer care calls…so that’s another reason she a stickler about contact info. Which I agree.

babywings76 said:
What I've been doing now is just simply being up front and honest with the host. I tell them that I need at least one way to contact each person, whether it's a phone number or e-mail. I tell them that I need that in order to do my customer service calls--not to harass them. I remind them about the 30 days of free shipping on the new products, should there be a problem or they aren't happy with what they got. So it's very important that I have a way of contacting them to be sure everything's alright. I tell them that I also need it in case there should be a problem w/ their order, total, back order status, etc.

What she said. :D

You have to be clear with the host about not just what you want, but why you want it. Your host isn't in DS, she doesn't think the same way as you do. It doesn't just "click" that you need the contact information.

I also tell them that it's beneficial to have as much contact info in the event there is a recall and also for issuing their guarantee with their order. I let them know that I can email recipes specific to their order if I get their email addresses.

When I hand out order forms I highlight all the parts that must be filled out. I do this to ensure the host can see what I need from thier friends and family. I havehad good luck with it this far.

1. How do I collect contact information from my catalog show guests?

To collect contact information from your catalog show guests, you can provide them with a guest information sheet to fill out or ask them to fill out an online form. You can also collect their contact information during the ordering process or ask them to RSVP for future events through their contact information.

2. What contact information should I collect from my catalog show guests?

The most important contact information to collect from your catalog show guests are their name, phone number, email address, and mailing address. This will allow you to stay in touch with them and send them updates and promotions in the future.

3. How do I ensure that the contact information I collect is accurate?

You can ensure the contact information you collect is accurate by double-checking it with your guests before they leave the show. You can also send a follow-up email or text message to confirm their contact information after the show.

4. Can I use the contact information I collect for future sales or promotions?

Yes, with the guest's permission, you can use the contact information you collect for future sales or promotions. It is important to respect their privacy and only use their information for the purposes they have agreed to.

5. How do I store and organize the contact information for my catalog show guests?

You can store and organize the contact information for your catalog show guests in a spreadsheet or a customer relationship management (CRM) system. This will allow you to easily access and manage the information for future events and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • huskerlissa