• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grand Opening Show: Questions about Packaging Supplies

In summary, the conversation revolved around the lack of bags received in a recent shipment for a host's Grand Opening Show. The host had received only a few bags and was concerned about giving out products in regular store bags. Others in the conversation reassured her that this was not a normal occurrence and suggested calling HO for extra bags or using clear bags as a temporary solution. It was also mentioned that extra bags can be ordered on the supply order form. One person shared a tip of using PC bags while shopping to generate interest and potential customers.
Jennifer E
Yesterday I received my orders from my Grand Opening Show. I had 17 people place orders, so I had 3 big boxes. Inside the first box was a grand total of 3 PC bags for me to put the products in. Seriously...is that all that they are supposed to supply? There were about 4 or 5 other plastic bags in the box that were used to hold items from similar parts of the catalog (cookbooks and spices), but they we just regular plastic bags. So, now I get to give several of my guests their products in Kroger, Publix and Target bags...how professional! Do you think it was some sort of insight or is this a normal occurance? If it is the norm, I am thinking about investing in some of those small clear plastic bags. :grumpy:

I've always had more than enough bags for my products, so I'm sure that was just an (albeit crappy) oversight. Sorry! :(

Call HO (if you can wait until Monday). I've seen this happen before, and HO has sent out more bags. Also, call your Director to see if she might have some extras. I have some from shows I"ve hosted myself or when hosts have give me extras.

It just happened to me, too! No bags at all. I thought about calling, but I do have a bunch in my office that I've accumulated over some time.The first time it happened and I didn't get any bags, I called HO and they sent me some a couple days later. In the meantime, I scrounged around and found some of those plain, clear bags to use, and thankfully had a couple left over from a previous shipment. My friends and family thankfully were some of the guests, so I just gave them whatever I could find and they understood. Then I had the replacement bags to hang on to future times.

Ok, I am glad it was just a mistake and not the norm! I will call HO on Monday, but since I go to church with everyone that placed an order, I will be giving them their orders tomorrow. I will have HO send me some and I will hang on to them incase it happens again. I might still look into getting some smaller ones for those that just ordered one small item, as it seems like a waste to give them a huge bag for an ice cream scoop!

You can also order some on the supply order form.

Call HO today--they used to have Saturday hours, not sure if they still do_Otherwise send an email and they will take care of it right away on Monday.

wadesgirl said:
You can also order some on the supply order form.

I have never paid for a single bag. I have a pile of extras from shows that have shipped to me. There is no need to buy any.

DebbieJ said:
I have never paid for a single bag. I have a pile of extras from shows that have shipped to me. There is no need to buy any.

I know, I was just pointing out that it was an option if needed.

wadesgirl said:
I know, I was just pointing out that it was an option if needed.

Especially since it was her Grand Opening - no time to stock up on extras yet.

One time, I had a huge fundraiser delivered to my house (over 20 boxes) and not one bag. Eeek!

I called HO, and they had more than enough delivered ASAP!

On a side note- those extra bags laying around the office... Take them with you to the mall and place your purchases in the PC bags. Then stroll around and let people come to you and ask, "There's a Pampered Chef store here? Where??" And you can answer, "Yes, there is a PC store right here. Hi, my name is Cat, how can I help you?" It works wonders especially when you wear your apron as well. =)

ChefCat said:
On a side note- those extra bags laying around the office... Take them with you to the mall and place your purchases in the PC bags. Then stroll around and let people come to you and ask, "There's a Pampered Chef store here? Where??" And you can answer, "Yes, there is a PC store right here. Hi, my name is Cat, how can I help you?" It works wonders especially when you wear your apron as well. =)

I never go to the mall!

ChefCat said:

ChefCat, you're brilliant! Plus, until you need it the bag can easily be folded up and put in your purse or pocket. It's also more visible than my PC tote that I carry. People don't necessarily always look at purses.

I just had this happen to a host of mine, too. She had 3 boxes delivered, inside 3 large bags (and 3 smaller bags). The smaller bags were not a lot of help because she had mostly stoneware....go figure, it's 20% off stoneware month! The shipment was delivered on late Friday and there is no Solutions Centre service on Sat/ Sun for Canadian Consultants. It'll be too late on Monday to call because she will have delivered her products to her classmates on Monday. It's a little annoying to have only 3 large bags for 3 boxes AND in stoneware month, too!

I had a bunch of bags until about 7 days ago when I put them out to the curb for recycling:(......I had been accumulating them for a year and have never needed them, so I figured I would recycle them rather than have them taking up space:cry:. I start my collection again, but I won't make the same mistake again of ditching them!

I never ditch extra PC bags. They're really good bags. I always keep a few in my van for . . .gathering things to take in
leaving things at people's houses (heavy-duty handle)
wet kid clothes (mine's an adult, but we're often with other people's kids)
emergency trash bagsLove those bags.

Quick hijack:

Is there a bag that will fit the large round stone w/ handles box? I have to deliver one and none of my bags seem to be big enough.

babywings76 said:
Quick hijack:

Is there a bag that will fit the large round stone w/ handles box? I have to deliver one and none of my bags seem to be big enough.

No none of the bags are large enough.

I've actually taken PC bags to craft shows and similar events... When I see someone trying to hang on to a purchase from another booth or the bag they were given is "giving out", I kindly offer to put their purchase (from the other booth) into a PC bag because they're more durable. Free advertising for me at the event + customer service + while I'm helping them put it in the PC bag, they usually take the time to look at my display.

I did order some PC bags during my first year because some deliveries were short bags and I wanted to be prepared. I also have a small box that I keep all of my leftover/extra PC bags in so I don't have to worry about them "floating around". I've used them as part of my displays too, stuffed with bright colored tissue paper!

1. What types of packaging supplies does Pampered Chef offer for my grand opening show?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of packaging supplies including bags, boxes, tissue paper, ribbons, and stickers. These supplies are perfect for creating a professional and polished look for your grand opening show.

2. Can I customize the packaging supplies with my business logo?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers customization options for many of our packaging supplies. You can add your business logo or name to bags, boxes, and stickers for a personalized touch.

3. How many packaging supplies come in a pack?

The quantity of packaging supplies per pack varies depending on the specific product. For example, our bags come in packs of 10 or 25, while our tissue paper comes in packs of 100 sheets.

4. Are the packaging supplies eco-friendly?

Yes, we offer a selection of eco-friendly packaging supplies made from recycled materials. Look for the "green" symbol on our product pages to identify these options.

5. Can I order packaging supplies in bulk for a discounted price?

Yes, we offer bulk discounts for larger orders of packaging supplies. Please contact our customer service team for more information and to place a bulk order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Julia Mideiros
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Lonetta Canales
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • Geekgirl69